Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
I purposefully held back on the kicker in all of that: When I drive, it is for business. So I get $0.485/mile write off on my taxes when I drive.
And yeah... I'm a little sore in the pants from that kick. Thank you. :D

C

chadnliz

Senior Audioholic
Understood-but there are more fuel efficient vehicles that are handicap accessible. Whether it be a 4 cyl. van or at least a hybrid SUV. I think it's silly to praise big suv's going out of style when you still are using one of the largest, most gas guzzling, yourself. Disability or not, there are other options that would have been more environmentally conscious.
Thats only a statement that can be made if you know the entire story, GM was giving away cars a couple years ago and had aggresive leasing options, being on fixed income I got the Envoy for under $300 per month, 15,000 miles per year and no money down. The SUV (atleast at that time) had a much more superior residual value than any car or mini-van so our money was best spent on the Envoy over other options, which was a bit of a surprise as I never intended to lease or be able to lease a $37000 vehicle for less than a $20000 model but thats how leasing works..

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
Gas price dropped at the fill-up today for first time in awhile. With oil futures at around $128 $3.70 should be coming soon.

T

trnqk7

Full Audioholic
Thats only a statement that can be made if you know the entire story, GM was giving away cars a couple years ago and had aggresive leasing options, being on fixed income I got the Envoy for under $300 per month, 15,000 miles per year and no money down. The SUV (atleast at that time) had a much more superior residual value than any car or mini-van so our money was best spent on the Envoy over other options, which was a bit of a surprise as I never intended to lease or be able to lease a $37000 vehicle for less than a $20000 model but thats how leasing works..
That's great that it worked out that way for you. However, in general, that statement IS correct. You have special circumstances that have occurred multiple times now...your disability that makes a vehicle such as the Envoy necessary and a special offer on leasing that made in a more sound financial choice. That series of events does not occur for everyone.

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
Well so much for short-term optimism as oil spiked to $138 today, a $10 swing.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Well so much for short-term optimism as oil spiked to $138 today, a $10 swing.
Yeah and a $15 jump in 2 days. There is not much optimism right now with unemployment on the rise, manufacturing sector, the housing crisis, the stock market taking a beating plus high gas prices we are not in good shape from an economic standpoint.

mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief
Yeah and a $15 jump in 2 days. There is not much optimism right now with unemployment on the rise, manufacturing sector, the housing crisis, the stock market taking a beating plus high gas prices we are not in good shape from an economic standpoint.
Who cares anyway?! It's only money! :rolleyes:

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
I've heard some analysts comment that the trends we are seeing now are nearly identical to the things that led up to the Great Depression in the 30's. I don't know much about that, but it's a scary thought. :(

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I've heard some analysts comment that the trends we are seeing now are nearly identical to the things that led up to the Great Depression in the 30's. I don't know much about that, but it's a scary thought. :(
Yeah, but did they have an economic stimulus package back then? ;)

Besides, no reason to worry about the economy when we're all going to be dead soon from global warming...or maybe global cooling...or maybe nuclear war...or maybe biological war...or maybe gang violence...or fill in the blank from the nightly news.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
I paid $120 to fill up half a tank on a BMW 520 two days ago, you think the gas is expensive, think again.........

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
Harald! Where the hell have you been hiding? :D
Hey..... You know what I have been busy with .-) following in Joe's footsteps, and it really looks like I'm into something now, serious !!!

This is really happening ==:-O

Too busy to post here, but I'll be back soon :))))

Of course, you guys will be the first to know !

Last edited:
mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief
I paid $120 to fill up half a tank on a BMW 520 two days ago, you think the gas is expensive, think again.........
Yeah but you have a 70L tank and a 3.0L V6 engine in that car. I mean... you could do a lot better with a smaller vehicule and cope better with fuel prices.

I understand your point though... Europe is taxing the hell out of gas.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah but you have a 70L tank and a 3.0L V6 engine in that car. I mean... you could do a lot better with a smaller vehicule and cope better with fuel prices.

I understand your point though... Europe is taxing the hell out of gas.
No it's actually a V6 2.0 litre, and 80L tank..... The sound of a V6 is MUCH better than the sound of a 4 cylindre .-)
It's quite fuel efficient actually....

And the taxes on gas here is, arrrrrrgh, we actually also pay VAT on the TAX, robbery this is.........

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis