Gaming monitor above 34” and HDMI 2.1?

M

Mr.rs4

Audiophyte
Is there any gaming monitors that support PS5 or Xbox X series now?
What to recommended?

Or wait to buy? How long before to arrive?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Is there any gaming monitors that support PS5 or Xbox X series now?
What to recommended?

Or wait to buy? How long before to arrive?
You could always get an HDMI to Display Port cable depending on the monitor.

As an example, I have a gaming monitor that has DP and supports variable refresh up to 120hz and is 3440x1440p. Granted, it's also an ultrawide and I don't know if consoles support that.

However, there are some that are over 34" and 4k HDR, but don't have HDMI 2.1. They do have DP 1.4 which supports everything. See below.

https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?cm_sp=CAT_Monitors_1-_-VisNav-_-Gaming-Monitors_1&N=100898493 601322279 600338147

GatorPigDog

GatorPigDog

Audioholic
It's probably best to wait and see which aspect ratios are supported by the consoles and games. It seems people are optimistic that there will be support 21:9 or 32:9.

Monoprice just released a 49" gaming monitor today. That seems like a lot of real estate for $900.

Trophykage

Trophykage

Audioholic Intern
I would probably wait a bit to see what starts coming out. I heard LG was going to be launching some monitors later this year that support HDMI 2.1. Unfortunately most monitors are around 27-32in unless you opt for ultra wide, but we still don’t have enough information released from Xbox or Sony as to what resolutions or frame rates they will support.

M

Mr.rs4

Audiophyte
You could always get an HDMI to Display Port cable depending on the monitor.

As an example, I have a gaming monitor that has DP and supports variable refresh up to 120hz and is 3440x1440p. Granted, it's also an ultrawide and I don't know if consoles support that.

However, there are some that are over 34" and 4k HDR, but don't have HDMI 2.1. They do have DP 1.4 which supports everything. See below.

https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?cm_sp=CAT_Monitors_1-_-VisNav-_-Gaming-Monitors_1&N=100898493 601322279 600338147
I can not find any HDMI to DisplayPort cable that support 120hz and 3440x1440p.
Not a cable or converter...

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I can not find any HDMI to DisplayPort cable that support 120hz and 3440x1440p.
Not a cable or converter...
Well, not sure how the new consoles will handle ultrawide resolutions, but with the HDMI 2.1 standard still being somewhat rare on video cards/tv/AVR it's not a suprise that cables aren't readily available. I did find adapters though, which work just fine, but no mention of 21:9 resolution.

If it were me, I'd grab a small-ish OLED that supports HDMI 2.1 and variable refresh and call it a day. If you're stuck on LCD you could do the same, but I'm not aware of any that support variable refresh (those features are usually reserved for the higher end models that tend to also be large).

What all do you plan to hook up with this display?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis