Gaming Headphones? Turtle Beach, Skullcandy, Tritton

Crackerballer

Crackerballer

Senior Audioholic
So after getting my 2nd Xbox and modding one, I will be playing A LOT with my G/F in England for 3 months. I am mainly playing GOW2 online (horde) right now, but just got Halo Wars, COD W@W, and RE5. I want a set of headphones that do 2 things:

1: Play BOTH Live chat and game sounds, so I can silence the TV for late night playing when the G/F gets back.

2: Have a good sound stage for accuracy in games like GOW and such where HEARING where the enemy is can be just as important as seeing.

I can't decide if I should just go intro like the Turtle Beach X1, or save up for some Tritton Pros or X4s. Wireless isn't necessary for me, but would be nice. Comfort is HUGE for me, and I have a big head (6' tall and hat size is like a 7&7/8).

All suggestions and reviews are appreciated.

Biggiesized

Biggiesized

Senior Audioholic
What do you mean with respect to requisite #1?

Crackerballer

Crackerballer

Senior Audioholic
They play other people talking/chatting on Xbox Live as well as the game play sound, so like right now the regualr microsoft one plays the chat, and you listen to the game through youre tv/ HT setup.

M

mjfoster77

Audioholic
I recently bought a set of Audio technica ad 700's, Wow! That's all I can say. You would need to by a clip on mic but that isn't a big deal. The 700's let sound bleed out though, so maybe a closed headphone would be better for you. I did some searching on headfi.com, highly recomended site

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
I use my Technics DH1200's for gaming, they are pretty darn nice, unless you want to use them and talk to friends at the same time :p

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
Buy some headphones that don't suck and get a separate mic.

Sony MDR-V6 is a great option.

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
Put the Xbox 360 headset on your neck, with the mic next to your mouth. Use normal headphones. Go to preferences and change the voice to be heard on the speakers (this mean headphones).

It might be a pain having to change the voice settings but this way you can get some nice comfortable cans. If you're feeling DIY, you can adapt the 360 headset to your cans.

S

Sounds Good

Senior Audioholic
i dont mean to hijack this thread, but i am interested in the same thing ony for PSP... for gaming and movies...

i curantly use jvc marsmellows, but the hurt my ears after about an hour... so i am kind of looking for some small in the ear type so i can store them in my psp travel case...

Akoma

Akoma

Enthusiast
I snagged the Tritton ax360's for $40 and I can personally say they are terrible. My cousin bought the axpro's a few months back and the little I used them they seem to be ok. As in good not great (not worth the price imo). I havent used them enough to fully evaluate them but I would try the Sennheiser's.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
When I'm not using my theater system I use a pair of AKG k240s and a Sennheiser e835 when I'm playing PC games online. The sound of the headphones is great and the quality of the Sennheiser mic makes my voice perfectly clear. I tried a condensor mic (AT PRO37) and it was far too sensetive and picked up my mouse clicks. :eek:

I can wear the AKGs for hours and not even know they're there. They have a very flat response but are a little light on the bass. I have considered picking up a pair of Sennheisers just for gaming that have a little more low end.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis