Game of thrones Ultra 4k

rebulx

rebulx

Junior Audioholic
Grabbed the new game of thrones set ultra 4k off amazon the other day. Seasons 2 thru 5 won't play. Has anyone heard of this issue before? Sony800 reads the disk, but just a black screen, dvd side menu pops up too. The other disks play fine.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Grabbed the new game of thrones set ultra 4k off amazon the other day. Seasons 2 thru 5 won't play. Has anyone heard of this issue before? Sony800 reads the disk, but just a black screen, dvd side menu pops up too. The other disks play fine.
I have GOT season 8 in 4K, E3 freezes in the middle of the battle. And sometimes when Jon and Dragon Queen are riding the Dragons. The only time my Sony X700 would freeze up is playing a 4K disc, it has never frozen up on just a reg blu-ray disc oh and when streaming crappy Netflix app.

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
Have played season 8 #3 as well as seasons 1 & 2 on UB9000 without problem

rebulx

rebulx

Junior Audioholic
yeah, I think it's more of a dvd issue. I've returned and will advise on new disc when they arrive.

rebulx

rebulx

Junior Audioholic
Got the new dics from amazon today, everything seems to work fine now. what an odd experience.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I have GOT season 8 in 4K, E3 freezes in the middle of the battle. And sometimes when Jon and Dragon Queen are riding the Dragons. The only time my Sony X700 would freeze up is playing a 4K disc, it has never frozen up on just a reg blu-ray disc oh and when streaming crappy Netflix app.
Seems like that shouldn't happen. Maybe there is a firmware update?

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
Just set up new q950TS 2 days ago. Watched Battle of Blackwater Bay (Episode 9, Season 2).
Incredible explosion. I'm not an expert on "reference quality," but I suspect that this scene is! The sound of course is great, but still not in new house, don't have the new SS9.5 or SS9C and still only 7.2 base layer of speakers + 2 front heights.....

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Just set up new q950TS 2 days ago. Watched Battle of Blackwater Bay (Episode 9, Season 2).
Incredible explosion. I'm not an expert on "reference quality," but I suspect that this scene is! The sound of course is great, but still not in new house, don't have the new SS9.5 or SS9C and still only 7.2 base layer of speakers + 2 front heights.....
$10k on an 8k TV? yikes.....

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
Almost.
$9k black friday discount. retiring. last major purchase before $$ goes down

rebulx

rebulx

Junior Audioholic
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 10k doesn't mean as much to some as others, I suppose.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 10k doesn't mean as much to some as others, I suppose.
I mean if he’s got the money to spent why not get the best tv he can find ?? It’s normally like 13k or so ehh he found big discount

Future proof I guess
Congratulations on the 8k tv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
No doubt. I'm all for everyone getting whatever they want. Personally, 8k really isn't doable yet, on a large scale. Probably won't be for the next 5-10 years. For me, If I was walking into a store with $10k right now, I would get a JVC or Sony 4k projector and 150" screen. You'd still have some left over to go on a nice vacation afterwards to reward yourself with how awesome your new setup looks. That's assuming Bruce53 has the space for the projector and screen. If not, than the TV is perfect. :D

rebulx

rebulx

Junior Audioholic
Awe man that was a great share! I wish that was in hi-fi! Thanks! watched it over and over.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis