Fullrange Loudspeaker with 130dB Output only 6" Deep?!?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Pro Audio Technology’s SR-28212ai ($10,000 each) is the most advanced speaker the company has ever created. The SR-28212ai is uniquely flexible, with the ability to serve as three different speakers at the same time: a full-range home theater speaker, a main LFE subwoofer, and a bass management sub for smaller Atmos speakers. At just 6 inches deep, this speaker can do it all. Read on to learn more.

erin.jpg

Read: Pro Audio Technology SR-28212ai Fullrange Loudspeaker

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
That's friggin cool pricey but cool nice article!

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Looks awesome, sounds like it's awesome but I'm distracted by what is standing next to it and is shorter than the speaker.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Looks awesome, sounds like it's awesome but I'm distracted by what is standing next to it and is shorter than the speaker.

But can she hit 130db with multiple drivers tho bro?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't get it. What's so distracting about that those boxes beside the speaker?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The tweeter is 6' off the ground when not inverted. Way too high I'd think. I see you can angle them tho. Is that the idea with the tweets on top, that you're s'posed angle them down?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah back to the actual speaker. I never heard of this company? What is the full story on them? American company? Manufactured here in the US? High end I'm guessing?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah back to the actual speaker. I never heard of this company? What is the full story on them? American company? Manufactured here in the US? High end I'm guessing?
Short answer is yes, but they kinda cover all of that in the article... :rolleyes:

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Short answer is yes, but they kinda cover all of that in the article... :rolleyes:
Again I was distracted, and didn't read the article. Unlike in the old days when people only bought playboy for the articles.

S

Schrodinger23

Audioholic Intern
The tweeter is 6' off the ground when not inverted. Way too high I'd think. I see you can angle them tho. Is that the idea with the tweets on top, that you're s'posed angle them down?
I don’t think the tweeter is a problem at the height. Our perception may be skewed if we regularly see folks over at AVS forum putting speakers like this in a 12 x 14 bedroom converted to a home theater, so that they can use only a fraction of a watt (external amplification needed of course to help with the job) to bring the volume to ear bleeding levels.

These speakers are designed for a large home theater with likely multiple rows of seats, which are elevated, and the first row 15 to 20 feet away from the speakers. The first row needs to be that far away to help get all rows behind it which are elevated in the cone of dispersion for the tweeter, where the sound is uniform. At that distance the 6 foot tweeter height would be about right to be able to put people in the first three or maybe four rows in the cone of dispersion. The speakers are wall mounted because it might need to be elevated further to help achieve this. The minimal depth let’s these speakers nicely tuck behind an acoustically transparent screen. These speakers aren’t made for anyone on this thread. Michael Bay and other such folks with more money than they know what to do with will hire an installer to attain and put together the room and system, because they can afford to have a theater to fit 20 or 30 people without worrying about the budget.

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I think they stole my design Ideas. I did it first in 2006! That was building triamped truly full range speakers, capturing the sub outputs and LFE signal. My speaker also has variable BSC.

I do believe an integrated system does perform better than separate boxes. I think a truly integrated design pays dividends, as everything can be perfectly aligned, as I have demonstrated with my impulse measurements. I also have the advantage of transmission line alignments. The end result of this system is truly astonishing in its realism. I have never heard another speaker system its equal to date.

One of my grandsons was here with a couple of his buddies. They watched a war movie. It was not overload in the room, I would say a realistic volume.

The explosions were rattling the bed and headboard in the downstairs kitchen, and rattling the china in the kitchen cupboards. The theater door was closed. The theatre and house are very rigid, with sound absorbing materials in all walls and floor. This lines pressurized the whole house!

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'm always suspicious of any speaker taller than I am. :D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I think they stole my design Ideas. I did it first in 2006! That was building triamped truly full range speakers, capturing the sub outputs and LFE signal. My speaker also has variable BSC.

I do believe an integrated system does perform better than separate boxes. I think a truly integrated design pays dividends, as everything can be perfectly aligned, as I have demonstrated with my impulse measurements. I also have the advantage of transmission line alignments. The end result of this system is truly astonishing in its realism. I have never heard another speaker system its equal to date.

One of my grandsons was here with a couple of his buddies. They watched a war movie. It was not overload in the room, I would say a realistic volume.

The explosions were rattling the bed and headboard in the downstairs kitchen, and rattling the china in the kitchen cupboards. The theater door was closed. The theatre and house are very rigid, with sound absorbing materials in all walls and floor. This lines pressurized the whole house!
You have a bed and headboard in your kitchen? Kinky....

A

Am_P

Full Audioholic
6 inches is so little. How stable is it? It looks like my dog could easily knock over the speaker on top of the young lady...

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
6 inches is so little. How stable is it? It looks like my dog could easily knock over the speaker on top of the young lady...
They are meant to be put on a stage or in-wall behind an AT screen.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

They are meant to be put on a stage or in-wall behind an AT screen.
Unless they can adjust the BSC to be in wall or on wall then they are no use. The BSC required for in wall and on wall are significantly different.

In walls are a very difficult proposition actually. I have been tweaking my in walls for two years. Producing really accurate in walls is actually a huge engineering challenge. Finally I am happy with in walls, that are not just good for in walls, but produce really excellent sound period.

I can now claim to have cracked free standing, in wall and through wall systems. It is actually a bigger climb than realized.

After almost 70 years at this you learn a thing or two.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

You have a bed and headboard in your kitchen? Kinky....
No! The master bedroom comes off the great room, and the master bath off the master bedroom.

This home was designed as a nursing home prevention project.

I was frustrated as to how after often months of work in acute care, patients who could have gone home could not because of architectural barriers. So I got privileges at our rehab hospital which was in Grand Forks, but was for the whole state. That allowed me to manage care from crisis to home and be heavily involved in adaptive equipment and home adaptation. I brought those lessons into the design of this home. You just never know. Basically nursing homes are OK if you don't know you are in one!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No! The master bedroom comes off the great room, and the master bath off the master bedroom.

This home was designed as a nursing home prevention project.

I was frustrated as to how after often months of work in acute care, patients who could have gone home could not because of architectural barriers. So I got privileges at our rehab hospital which was in Grand Forks, but was for the whole state. That allowed me to manage care from crisis to home and be heavily involved in adaptive equipment and home adaptation. I brought those lessons into the design of this home. You just never know. Basically nursing homes are OK if you don't know you are in one!
I have my own nursing home avoidance plan :) Nice to have good audio, tho.....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis