FS: Kenwood KD-4100 direct drive turntable $349, MA

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
This beautiful Kenwood KD-4100 turntable was restored to working order by me and is an ideal entry level unit for the budding audiophile or a GREAT secondary unit for the seasoned music lover.

All automatic functions work perfectly. One can choose to simply put a record on, push one button and go sit down to beautiful music. It will complete the play, return the tonearm to home, and shut down rotation all automatically. You can also choose to position the tonearm to any track, lower the cueing lever to play a single track, then at the end of the song press the "Cut" button and it all returns home and shuts off. All 3 buttons for 7" (17cm), 10" (25cm), and 12" (30cm) work, and the tonearm will properly cue to the correct position selected before lowering to play.

I'm including a nice Audio Technica AT71 (elliptical stylus) cartridge on the stock interchangeable headshell. If you have your own cartridge mounted on a standard SME-style headshell, bring it and you can compare. It is under power and ready to demo. Bring your favorite record or play one of mine, your choice. I could also demo the unit with an Audio Technica AT33Sa moving coil cartridge so you can really know how quiet this thing plays, though that cartridge is NOT for sale.

I've cleaned it as best I can, though the dust cover still has some deep scratches and a couple scuffs that I couldn't remove. It still does its job perfectly.

Asking $349 or best reasonable offer. Shipping from Spencer MA 01562, buyer's choice of carrier, either FedEX Ground or UPS. I'll pack and ship it...INCLUDED in the $349 price. Pick it up, I'll knock $40 off the price.

Attachments

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
This beautiful Kenwood KD-4100 turntable was restored to working order by me and is an ideal entry level unit for the budding audiophile or a GREAT secondary unit for the seasoned music lover.

All automatic functions work perfectly. One can choose to simply put a record on, push one button and go sit down to beautiful music. It will complete the play, return the tonearm to home, and shut down rotation all automatically. You can also choose to position the tonearm to any track, lower the cueing lever to play a single track, then at the end of the song press the "Cut" button and it all returns home and shuts off. All 3 buttons for 7" (17cm), 10" (25cm), and 12" (30cm) work, and the tonearm will properly cue to the correct position selected before lowering to play.

I'm including a nice Audio Technica AT71 (elliptical stylus) cartridge on the stock interchangeable headshell. If you have your own cartridge mounted on a standard SME-style headshell, bring it and you can compare. It is under power and ready to demo. Bring your favorite record or play one of mine, your choice. I could also demo the unit with an Audio Technica AT33Sa moving coil cartridge so you can really know how quiet this thing plays, though that cartridge is NOT for sale.

I've cleaned it as best I can, though the dust cover still has some deep scratches and a couple scuffs that I couldn't remove. It still does its job perfectly.

Asking $349 or best reasonable offer. Local pickup only at this time, in Spencer MA 01562. No shipping, as I have no box large and sturdy enough.
I would think you could get more for that turntable, if you put it on eBay. UPS stores will do a fully professional pack for you. I think that turntable would get bids on eBay, if you used the current price as the starting bid. That is not the sort of turntable I would collect, but some certainly do.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I may find a box, but there's no way I would sell on eBay these days. And I wouldn't trust a UPS store to properly pack this unit. They generally know nothing about the need for spacing, packing around that space, and double boxing.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I may find a box, but there's no way I would sell on eBay these days. And I wouldn't trust a UPS store to properly pack this unit. They generally know nothing about the need for spacing, packing around that space, and double boxing.
When I sent my TEAC Z-6000 Cassette recorder for repair, the UPS store did a fantastic packing job.

I have not sold on eBay for a while. What are the problems?

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Buyers claiming damage that isn't there, getting refunded without question, leaving sellers holding the bag.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Buyers claiming damage that isn't there, getting refunded without question, leaving sellers holding the bag.
A buyer for that grade of turntable wouldn't be the type to claim damage that isn't there, especially if you get your item packed by a UPS store employee, as already mentioned by TLS Guy. Just oversee how he or she packs the turntable using foam and bubble wrap.

For additional assurance, I would clearly indicate in the listing that it was carefully packed by a reliable UPS employee under my supervision, so the possibility of being DOA doesn't exist. UPS stores have all of the proper stuff for secure packing of merchandise.

Over the years, I sold several audio products such as speaker drivers and amplifiers. When I didn't have the proper box or adequate foam protection, at the UPS store, I had the items securely packed and nobody in Canada or the US has ever claimed damaged that isn't there for big items. It occurred once for a Shure cartridge and I did manage to make an offer at a reduced price which was accepted, as I wanted to get rid of it for good.

Last edited:
KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I just do not wish to deal with eBay's current policies and treatment of sellers, period.

I'm going to ask the receiving staff where I work to save me a couple of boxes and I'll offer shipping at cost. (I despise those who mark-up shipping costs.) I know how to pack it WELL and there will be no claims.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Having come from the logistics industry, the idea of a UPS store doing great packaging I find highly dubious, altho that's down to the individual store pretty much. I'd much rather do my own packing.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
My upgrade TT came in, now I got a box to ship it. Check the ad at the top...ground shipping to the lower 48 states INCLUDED in the price.

Last edited:
Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Having come from the logistics industry, the idea of a UPS store doing great packaging I find highly dubious, altho that's down to the individual store pretty much. I'd much rather do my own packing.
I tend to agree with you. We should not generalize.
At the UPS store where I get some of my packing done, it's the owner who does it. Every item is securely packaged and I defy a buyer to tell me that an item which I sold was damaged in transit because of poor protection.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis