Fs: Denon AVR-989 7.1 / 110WPC Surround Receiver

6L6X4

6L6X4

Audioholic
This Denon AVR-989 Surround Receiver is in excellent condition (conservatively rated 8/10 cosmetics and perfect functionally.) It comes with the box, packing, manual, microphone and accessories. I’m told this was one of Denon’s last models that was manufactured in Japan before they moved their manufacturing to China.

What impresses me about this receiver is its truly great sound quality. I’m using it to drive the world class Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1 speakers and the sound is just amazing. It’s obviously got very high quality digital to analog converters and amplifiers. It also has the Audyssey MultEQ XT room correction with set-up microphone
(The XT version of MultEQ is Audyssey’s most sophisticated consumer level room correction processing. So sophisticated that it runs on its own internal processor.)

Additional Features:

Audyssey Dynamic EQ

Audyssey Dynamic Volume

24/96 Alpha Digital Processing

Faroudja DCDI video up conversion

Choice of Front Bi-Amp / Zone 2 Operation / Neither

Full details and specifications can be found here:

http://www.usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/4497.asp

Original MSRP was $1200. Selling for $495 Firm on the price.

I can accept a postal money order or PayPal and I’ll cover the PayPal fee. Buyer pays USPS shipping and insurance. I have to ship to the PayPal verified address. Will ship within the contiguous USA only. Local pick-up in Florence, Oregon welcome.

Email me with any questions (please don‘t use the forum message system.) gregmail -at- myfastmail -dot- com

If the ad is up, it's still available.

Thanks!

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
One question...fromt the pics i cant tell if it has pre outs for all 7 channels. Im very limited on my time online & cant look it up right now. Please let me know if it does i may be interested! You can reach me at 562 587 0469. Thank you!

6L6X4

6L6X4

Audioholic
I do have the remote control for the receiver.

Also, since I’ve already been contacted by a low-baller (not from this forum,) I thought I’d add a note about my asking price of $495. I’m sincere when I said in my ad that I’m firm on the price. I’m not a haggler and I’d rather keep the receiver than accept less than $495 for it. If you can get a better deal on one of these… take it!

It’s a great piece of gear and you’ll be hard pressed to get Audyssey Mult-EQ XT into your system for less money.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
6L6X4

6L6X4

Audioholic
One question...fromt the pics i cant tell if it has pre outs for all 7 channels. Im very limited on my time online & cant look it up right now. Please let me know if it does i may be interested! You can reach me at 562 587 0469. Thank you!
Voice mail left and yes, it has 7.1 pre-amp outs for all channels.

Thanks.

6L6X4

6L6X4

Audioholic
Will trade the Denon for either a PS Audio digital link III DAC or Eastern Electric Minimax DAC.

We each pay our own shipping (good deal for you!) :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis