FS: Audio Control C-101 Series III EQ with RTA & Microphone

6L6X4

6L6X4

Audioholic
This is an Audio Control C-101 Series III 10 band, stereo, octave equalizer. It has a built in Real Time Analyzer, pink noise generator and calibrated microphone so that you can equalize your room for flat response. The RTA can also be used to monitor the program content as well.

These sold for $799 in the mid 90s. I recently found this one on A-gon in a new, unopened box and bought it. It’s a well made, great sounding EQ, but I don’t really need another EQ so I’m willing to let it go for $199 which includes shipping and insurance to the lower 48, plus I’ll absorb the paypal fee. (Has to ship to the Paypal verified address.)

Comes with the original calibrated microphone, owner’s manual, cables, packing and box. There is a small blemish on the top - see pic.

The curve you see in the photo is what was required for flat response in my room. As you can imagine, with-out the EQ, my system / room had way too much energy in the 2nd and 3rd octave. I’ve moved on to digital EQ, but if your system is strictly analog, this EQ can go a long way toward correcting your room response nodes. It’s a very transparent sounding EQ and, switching it in and out of the signal path, I could detect no signal degradation even though I have an extremely revealing system (see my user ID.)

I don’t need the money, but would like to see this EQ go to someone who will use it. For this reason, I’m firm on the price, which is a great deal!

I can send full resolution pics upon request. If this ad is up, it’s still available. Best to contact me with questions directly at: toobwacky -at- gmail -dot- com

Thanks!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis