Freakin' Florida Audio, eh?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
You tell me-

it's an outlet.....

Wow, I couldn’t get past the first “review” from a brain donor going on about break in time for fuses? W. T. F.
Can’t believe people...

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Wow, I couldn’t get past the first “review” from a brain donor going on about break in time for fuses? W. T. F.
Can’t believe people...
And we shouldn't forget that, in most situations, a transistor would blow to protect that kind of fuse per Murphy's Law !

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I could see how Gene getting (rightfully) upset over dropped sponsorship and honestly verbal abuse, but there is a bit of pot calling the kettle black...
Ok, So Kimber kable isn't quite as bad, but still clearly highly overpriced. At least they don't claim that their cables are danceable (TM)
Saw this madness from Kimber recently, seems they're doing the deep dive now. https://www.headamp.com/products/kimber-kable-axios-silver-headphone-cable

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
My god man. It's like religion. It really, really is. Just put your faith in cables while the manufacturers tend to their flocks...

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
My god man. It's like religion. It really, really is. Just put your faith in cables while the manufacturers tend to their flocks...
Agreed but more like a cult IMHO. Hate to see Kimber going down that path....

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I could see how Gene getting (rightfully) upset over dropped sponsorship and honestly verbal abuse, but there is a bit of pot calling the kettle black...
Ok, So Kimber kable isn't quite as bad, but still clearly highly overpriced. At least they don't claim that their cables are danceable (TM)
Kimber cable prices are pretty insane but I actually measured their cables and they do measure better than 10AWG and also don't have their website littered with snake oil. Personally I see no reason why RBH uses their cable other than marketing but hey it's included in the system so....

In my new speaker system I will be using all 10AWG from Bluejeans when I go fully active. stay tuned....

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Kimber cable prices are pretty insane but I actually measured their cables and they do measure better than 10AWG and also don't have their website littered with snake oil. Personally I see no reason why RBH uses their cable other than marketing but hey it's included in the system so....

In my new speaker system I will be using all 10AWG from Bluejeans when I go fully active. stay tuned....
I know someone who works at a stereo store and when he asked Ray Kimber why he sells that stuff, the answer was "Because I make a lot of money".

They measure better than 10AWG, in what ways?

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
@gene
I watched the video, and I agree 100%!

If some bozo wants to spend silly $ on cables, it's their $ so go for it.

The PROBLEM is when that bozo, or even worse a slimy salesman, starts shoveling that BS on a newb. Newb doesn't know any better, allocates limited funds to the wrong areas, and ends up with a crappy over-priced system! Then, that kills the entire hobby for someone that could have been a valued contributor.

Concerning these guys that "seemed to believe their own non-sense"--yeah, that's just part of the game! Any good scam artist knows that you can't break the scam and can't break the story line once you start it. If you can actually convince yourself of the scam you are pushing, even better, because then the BS just flows so smoothly that you get more and more marks into your scam.

And, to be clear, when someone is pushing their cable scam on you, you are indeed the mark!

There is no inherent difference from a cable pusher vs. a white van scam. It's just that the cables are accepted by the industry. I guess if the industry made a $ on the white van scam, it would be accepted too.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
@gene
I watched the video, and I agree 100%!

If some bozo wants to spend silly $ on cables, it's their $ so go for it.

The PROBLEM is when that bozo, or even worse a slimy salesman, starts shoveling that BS on a newb. Newb doesn't know any better, allocates limited funds to the wrong areas, and ends up with a crappy over-priced system! Then, that kills the entire hobby for someone that could have been a valued contributor.

Concerning these guys that "seemed to believe their own non-sense"--yeah, that's just part of the game! Any good scam artist knows that you can't break the scam and can't break the story line once you start it. If you can actually convince yourself of the scam you are pushing, even better, because then the BS just flows so smoothly that you get more and more marks into your scam.

And, to be clear, when someone is pushing their cable scam on you, you are indeed the mark!

There is no inherent difference from a cable pusher vs. a white van scam. It's just that the cables are accepted by the industry. I guess if the industry made a $ on the white van scam, it would be accepted too.
I don't care if someone wants to piss away all of their money, their kids' inheritance and fire up for a 2nd or 3rd mortgage on their house on crap like this, but when they present their perceived improvements as fact, it crosses the line.

BTW- most people in "the industry" don't accept this stuff. We prefer to see test results and THEN try it. We're less subjective, initially. If a cable costs $1 to make and sells for $1000, is it even ethical to sell it? Sure, it meets the economical Law of Supply & Demand and "it can cost whatever the market will bear", but really- how do some of these turds sleep or look themselves in the mirror?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis