Freakin' Florida Audio, eh?

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Guys, I've heard what happened and just wanted to say I'm sorry.

I think there's way too much influence and money and lobbying power in the hands of the wrong people.

To hell with them, right?

kd

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
You tell me-

it's an outlet.....

R

revrob57

Audioholic Intern
Thanks. I love this. I have never understood why people would spend thousands of dollars on cables and swear they hear a difference. IMHO, power cables are the worst. Finally someone with the guts and honesty to tell the truth. $70,000 for speaker cables on risers should be a criminal offense.

I fell for the cable myth years ago and after comparing thousand dollars cables to those that cost less the hundred dollars I settled on Blue Jean Cables. There was no difference in sound whatsoever. Of course some will argue it depends on how transparent your audio system is and mine is a very good system.

Thanks again. Much appreciated!

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
You tell me-

it's an outlet.....

I don't see how this relates to the fact that Audioholics has been dropped as a sponsor from the Audio Show?

But yes, that SR is BS.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks. I love this. I have never understood why people would spend thousands of dollars on cables and swear they hear a difference. IMHO, power cables are the worst. Finally someone with the guts and honesty to tell the truth. $70,000 for speaker cables on risers should be a criminal offense.

I fell for the cable myth years ago and after comparing thousand dollars cables to those that cost less the hundred dollars I settled on Blue Jean Cables. There was no difference in sound whatsoever. Of course some will argue it depends on how transparent your audio system is and mine is a very good system.

Yes, thank you. However, with this post I wanted to point out that Audioholics suffered a certain degree of damage for being as objective as possible and scinetifically based.

It's not about cables themselves as that subject has been debated here to hell and back. It's about snake-oil vendors taking actions against decent and honest people.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai

Watch the linked video where Gene explains what happened.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
You tell me-

it's an outlet.....

Wow their entry level speaker cables look to start at $999 each! :oops:

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Wow 70K really! How about the wire used in the speaker, open up any speaker what will you see, at most 16 G wire going to each speaker from the XO.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Wow 70K really! How about the wire used in the speaker, open up any speaker what will you see, at most 16 G wire going to each speaker from the XO.
I know of one company that offers Mil-Spec wiring inside their speakers... at a premium, of course! :p

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Some speaker companies have marketing cooperation with silly wire companies....

R

revrob57

Audioholic Intern
Yes, thank you. However, with this post I wanted to point out that Audioholics suffered a certain degree of damage for being as objective as possible and scinetifically based.

It's not about cables themselves as that subject has been debated here to hell and back. It's about snake-oil vendors taking actions against decent and honest people.
I do understand what happen and I did watch the video. I simple pointed out that I wholeheartedly agreed that the audiophile manufacturers have been duping people forever and cables are probably one of the best culprits but they certainly are not alone.

The backlash against Audioholics is unconscionable and if more reviewers did this maybe this hobby would make more sense to the new and budding audiophile. Until then they can keep their snake oil to themselves.

R

revrob57

Audioholic Intern
Watch the linked video where Gene explains what happened.
I do understand what happen and I did watch the video. I simple pointed out that I wholeheartedly agreed that the audiophile manufacturers have been duping people forever and cables are probably the one of the best culprits but they certainly are not alone.

The backlash against Audioholics is unconscionable and if more reviewers did this maybe this hobby would make more sense to the new and budding audiophile. Until then they can keep their snake oil to themselves.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General

Love blue jean cable

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan

Roger Russell from McIntosh use to promote lamp cord, something that the dealer network lost their minds over in the 80s

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Roger Russell from McIntosh use to promote lamp cord, something that the dealer network lost their minds over in the 80s
I can see that, a Heavy thick copper wire. Just pick up a 50ft Extension cord.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I could see how Gene getting (rightfully) upset over dropped sponsorship and honestly verbal abuse, but there is a bit of pot calling the kettle black...
Ok, So Kimber kable isn't quite as bad, but still clearly highly overpriced. At least they don't claim that their cables are danceable (TM)

Last edited:
Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Here an older post about speaker cable:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis