jinjuku

jinjuku

They weren't "portrayed" as mostly peaceful - they were mostly peaceful. And, $40 million is chump change these days.
93% of Black Lives Matter Protests Have Been Peaceful: Report | Time
Jeez. You know what the quote is from right? You have a CNN reporter with fires raging in the background calling the protest 'mostly peaceful'. This is why I don't trust media outlets of all stripes.

What's next 'Slightly' pregnant? You're excusing behavior that doesn't fit the narrative that you want to promote. Unfortunately it's the bad faith conversation that you are totally willing to engage in that and it's seemingly normal for you.

I remember Kenosha and Cleveland protest turning into a total shitshow while here in Louisville it wasn't a big issue other than downtown shutting down as a precaution. That's why I didn't say all.

jinjuku

jinjuku

$40 million for the entire country?!
Just Kenosha was estimated between $40 and $50 million. Then you have the fiasco that was the Rittenhouse trial (look at the idiots in the ArsTechnica thread on the matter).

Last edited:
John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Just Kenosha was estimated between $40 and $50 million. Then you have the fiasco that was the Rittenhouse trial (look at the idiots in the ArsTechnica thread on the matter).
Upwards of $2B nationwide was the 2020 estimate.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Jeez. You know what the quote is from right? You have a CNN reporter with fires raging in the background calling the protest 'mostly peaceful'. This is why I don't trust media outlets of all stripes.

What's next 'Slightly' pregnant? You're excusing behavior that doesn't fit the narrative that you want to promote. Unfortunately it's the bad faith conversation that you are totally willing to engage in that and it's seemingly normal for you.

I remember Kenosha and Cleveland protest turning into a total shitshow while here in Louisville it wasn't a big issue other than downtown shutting down as a precaution. That's why I didn't say all.
There was a link to a Time article in his very short post where you missed that the first paragraph is the following. Reminds you of something?

>>>The vast majority of Black Lives Matter protests—more than 93%—have been peaceful, according to a new report published Thursday by a nonprofit that researches political violence and protests across the world.<<<

The Time article is about at that time recently released report and is linked as well in the above paragraph I quoted above. It’s the word ‘report’ that is a hyperlink to the following:

You could try do some reading before accusing someone of arguing in bad faith.

Last edited:
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

Labeling my post "dumb" doesn't make it so. I posted one of many available links. If you weren't so invested in your conviction that the protests weren't mostly peaceful, you could find them as well.

Here's another: Black Lives Matter protesters were overwhelmingly peaceful, our research finds | The Carr Center for Human Rights - Harvard Kennedy School

jinjuku

jinjuku

Labeling my post "dumb" doesn't make it so. I posted one of many available links. If you weren't so invested in your conviction that the protests weren't mostly peaceful, you could find them as well.

Here's another: Black Lives Matter protesters were overwhelmingly peaceful, our research finds | The Carr Center for Human Rights - Harvard Kennedy School
Jesus H Christ. This is the disingenuous argument you keep making. My point is CNN putting a reporter on scene, fires in the background, and running with the narrative of 'mostly peaceful'. If you can't figure out the optics of this I don't know what the truck to tell you.

jinjuku

jinjuku

There was a link to a Time article in his very short post where you missed that the first paragraph is the following. Reminds you of something?

>>>The vast majority of Black Lives Matter protests—more than 93%—have been peaceful, according to a new report published Thursday by a nonprofit that researches political violence and protests across the world.<<<

The Time article is about at that time recently released report and is linked as well in the above paragraph I quoted above. It’s the word ‘report’ that is a hyperlink to the following:

You could try do some reading before accusing someone of arguing in bad faith.
Your reading comprehension sucks:
1682426541710.png

jinjuku

jinjuku

Guys, it's quite clear that you have such an agenda to push that I bring up an example of bad faith reporting and you in turn start arguing about a point I never made.

I said 'the protest'.

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan

and what continues to disturb many a urban community, despite all the BLM hoopla, is that 'black on black' killings just continue to escalate.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Jesus H Christ. This is the disingenuous argument you keep making. My point is CNN putting a reporter on scene, fires in the background, and running with the narrative of 'mostly peaceful'. If you can't figure out the optics of this I don't know what the truck to tell you.
Your "point", apparently, is to use one example of a reporter whose comments appear to be incongruous with the scene he is reporting on to bolster your quixotic 'both sides' argument.

While all news media outlets and reporters have inherent bias, as there's no getting around that, FOX is beyond the pale when it comes to honest commentary. Even they know they're full of $hit, since they dropped their 'Fair and Balanced' motto. While CNN might occasionally stumble in their reporting, there is no comparison to be made with FOX.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Guys, it's quite clear that you have such an agenda to push that I bring up an example of bad faith reporting and you in turn start arguing about a point I never made.

I said 'the protest'.
You provide one example of "bad faith reporting" to support your FOX = CNN argument. That dog don't hunt and we aren't the ones with the agenda.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
there is no comparison to be made with FOX.
coming from a 'no doubt about it' Liberal, of course you would say that. Just as a far right conservative would say the same of CNN. Now the more moderate liberal / conservative might look at things more pragmatically perhaps

jinjuku

jinjuku

Ok. CNN gave HRC debate questions ahead of the debate. Do you think since I brought up one example that there aren't others?

Stop acting like I'm excusing Fox. It's all schiit.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
coming from a 'no doubt about it' Liberal, of course you would say that. Just as a far right conservative would say the same of CNN. Now the more moderate liberal / conservative might look at things more pragmatically perhaps
As an old-school centrist liberal, I get accusations of being 'left-wing' by the right, and right-wing by the left. In previous Canadian elections, I have voted for the Liberal Party (centre-left) and the Conservative Party (centre-right).

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
They weren't "portrayed" as mostly peaceful - they were mostly peaceful. And, $40 million is chump change these days.
93% of Black Lives Matter Protests Have Been Peaceful: Report | Time
You might want to re-check the details WRT damage- look at what's left of Portland, OR as an example. Also, it's not just the physical damage that's harmful to a city- the whole population of the surrounding area experiences it.

I searched using 'cities where BLM and ANTIFA did the most damage' and found many links but, rather than be crapped on for picking something that some won't like, I'll let you search.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Ok. CNN gave HRC debate questions ahead of the debate. Do you think since I brought up one example that there aren't others?

Stop acting like I'm excusing Fox. It's all schiit.
An what did CNN do? They fired the person who gave her the questions.

Why did FOX fire Carlson? It doesn't appear to be because of his blatant lies about election fraud. It wasn't because he has advocated an invasion of the US's closest ally. In other words, FOX doesn't care a whit about accuracy or bat$hit crazy suggestions.

No, you're not excusing FOX. You appear to be saying that they're all the same.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis