Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
speaking of dominance , how about Dixon's start in Indy car ........ impressive !

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Does anyone watch F1 now? How will the wetter be today, will it be raining like yesterday?
I think Hamilton got this race, he was so much faster than the rest in training.

I didn't renew my F1TV subscription this year, so I'm just catching highlights. Looks like it was quite an eventful race!

allfred

allfred

Enthusiast
Hungaroring quality starts soon, I think Hamilton got this as well.

Hoping that Lando does good too.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I'm quite shocked that Renault managed to give such great ICE to Mclaren and their factory team. I thought they were pretty well done for.

While I feel bad for Haas, I feel worse for Kimi

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I wish they didn't have such a long break between the 1st and 2nd race this season. 3 weeks? Ugh. First race was fun to watch though.

Anyone watch Formula One: Drive to Survive on Netflix? I found it very interesting and entertaining to get an inside look at team dynamics.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I wish they didn't have such a long break between the 1st and 2nd race this season. 3 weeks? Ugh. First race was fun to watch though.

Anyone watch Formula One: Drive to Survive on Netflix? I found it very interesting and entertaining to get an inside look at team dynamics.
I love how they make that show as exciting, if not more so, than a race itself!

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I love how they make that show as exciting, if not more so, than a race itself!
Hehe... well, they do have the benefit of using race highlights, music and surround effects. Nice to see Grosjean as an Indy Car rookie at Barber in Alabama last weekend. Nice race course!

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Hehe... well, they do have the benefit of using race highlights, music and surround effects. Nice to see Grosjean as an Indy Car rookie at Barber in Alabama last weekend. Nice race course!
That's awesome! Did you get a chance to visit the museum as well? Barber is still on my To Do list, sadly...

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
That's awesome! Did you get a chance to visit the museum as well? Barber is still on my To Do list, sadly...
Sorry, watched the race on the tube. Grosjean finished 10th, top rookie in the race. Course looked really nice from the video but too far away to travel. I've been to Indy and Road America in WI. Indy museum was great. :)

I have a friend in Madison and we used to race virtually on-line. Three times our racing group got together at his house and we went to the Brian Redmond International Challenge (BRIC) at Road America. Love that course. The BRIC is a historical race and the pits are open so that you can see the cars up close and talk to the owners and drivers. We used to play the 1967 Grand Prix Legends sim and one year they had the '67 F1 Ferrari from the game. That was an awesome year. The car sounds beautiful in real life. Always a great time and I recommend it to any race fan in the WI area.

And for the racing fans, my friend was a professional photographer and takes absolutely stunning photos. Check out his portfolio on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/speedcenter/

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Sorry, watched the race on the tube. Grosjean finished 10th, top rookie in the race. Course looked really nice from the video but too far away to travel. I've been to Indy and Road America in WI. Indy museum was great. :)

I have a friend in Madison and we used to race virtually on-line. Three times our racing group got together at his house and we went to the Brian Redmond International Challenge (BRIC) at Road America. Love that course. The BRIC is a historical race and the pits are open so that you can see the cars up close and talk to the owners and drivers. We used to play the 1967 Grand Prix Legends sim and one year they had the '67 F1 Ferrari from the game. That was an awesome year. The car sounds beautiful in real life. Always a great time and I recommend it to any race fan in the WI area.

And for the racing fans, my friend was a professional photographer and takes absolutely stunning photos. Check out his portfolio on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/speedcenter/

I've seen that '67 Ferrari during the Historical F1 races at COTA in TX! They had the Tyrrell 6 wheeler too, but I think it only made it thru practice and didn't race.

As much as I love the complexity of modern F1 'power units' they are just not a substitute for V12/V10 high revving engines.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I've seen that '67 Ferrari during the Historical F1 races at COTA in TX! They had the Tyrrell 6 wheeler too, but I think it only made it thru practice and didn't race.

As much as I love the complexity of modern F1 'power units' they are just not a substitute for V12/V10 high revving engines.
Cool. I haven't seen the Tyrrell yet. Vintage / historical racing can be a lot of fun. Some guys with rare F1 cars will be careful on the track, but you get the occasional owner / driver that is not afraid to let it all hang out on the track. There was great variety in engine sounds in the 60's and 70's. The Ferrari, Brabham, Honda, and BRM in '67 had very unique qualities.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Cool. I haven't seen the Tyrrell yet. Vintage / historical racing can be a lot of fun. Some guys with rare F1 cars will be careful on the track, but you get the occasional owner / driver that is not afraid to let it all hang out on the track. There was great variety in engine sounds in the 60's and 70's. The Ferrari, Brabham, Honda, and BRM in '67 had very unique qualities.

We may not see the six wheeler any more. I think it's been a few years since they've used it in the historical races. IIRC the smaller wheels were a nightmare for bearings, plus the complexity of the steering combined with load at speed meant near constant failures.

Didn't we mention Drive to Survive before? I just caught an episode of the new season... LOVE IT!

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
We may not see the six wheeler any more. I think it's been a few years since they've used it in the historical races. IIRC the smaller wheels were a nightmare for bearings, plus the complexity of the steering combined with load at speed meant near constant failures.

Didn't we mention Drive to Survive before? I just caught an episode of the new season... LOVE IT!
I enjoyed all 3 seasons. I binge watched some so parts are a blur. I could watch again though. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis