TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Pretty nice race today in Germany!

What impresses me the most is the fact that Red Bull has won 2 races with their new engine-partner Honda, which means the Japs are back, same as in Indy Series.

On the other hand, it was a pitty that Mercedes couldn't do anything in their own yard, as they're celebrating 125 years in race tracks, though.
Best race I've seen in a long time! WOW! So much happened!

That was the best racing I've seen out of Vettel in some time. And for Verstappen to pull a 360 and still win, is incredible. I thought Albon also showed some great wet weather driving too - it was very interesting seeing the couple of cars get fitted with mediums when it was clearly the soft tires that could offer any traction in damp conditions - which i thought was more understood, speaking as a motorcyclist who comfortably rode in all weather conditions...

Lets keep this kind of racing going!!!!

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Yeah, you're right!

BTW, before summer vacation break, we'll have the Hungarian GP this weekend, one of the most boring ones, IMO. Hope to be wrong, though

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, you're right!

BTW, before summer vacation break, we'll have the Hungarian GP this weekend, one of the most boring ones, IMO. Hope to be wrong, though
Cheers to that!

And back to your previous point - I'll bet McLaren is kicking themselves for ditching Honda!

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Most definetely!

BTW, I read somewhere that McLaren is considering to ditch Renault and getting back to Mercedes engines, though.

Max got his first pole and I'll bet Red Bull-Honda will be crossing the checkered flag on first as well :cool:

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Most definetely!

BTW, I read somewhere that McLaren is considering to ditch Renault and getting back to Mercedes engines, though.

Max got his first pole and I'll bet Red Bull-Honda will be crossing the checkered flag on first as well :cool:
Ricciardo will start from the back for an engine change! LOL!

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
What a pitty for Red Bull yesterday...

Think the engineers dropped the ball with Max, because when Lewis went to the pit lane, Max could have done the same, though.

The last 4 laps were critical as Max tires couldn't keep up with the brand new set of Lewis...

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
What a pitty for Red Bull yesterday...

Think the engineers dropped the ball with Max, because when Lewis went to the pit lane, Max could have done the same, though.

The last 4 laps were critical as Max tires couldn't keep up with the brand new set of Lewis...
Max is what I loved about Lewis when he started, and same with Vettel. Young, not too cocky, brilliant in all driving conditions.

Looks like Red Bull may be making some driver changes too as Gasly continues to under perform. I'd promote Albon before Kvyat, but who knows!

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
People are talking about Max going to Mercedes... I don't believe that, but Bottas is under pressure now and matter of fact he doesn't seem to have that kinda guts, though.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I would just fear Hamilton's ego vs Verstappen's skill - could end up being just like it was with Rosberg!

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Totally agree with you...

Oh, BTW, did you realize who was the guy waving the checkered flag over in Hungary?? Simon Pagenaud, current Indy-500 winner from Penske Team. He was invited by the new owners (americans) and I believe that peace will come for these 2 great categories, though.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Given our current COVID19 restrictions has anyone payed attention to any of the 'iRacing' ? As an avid follower of Indy Car and IMSA, while not the real thing it's all we have for now. Fingers crossed that the 6 hr endurance race at Watkins Glen will still be held the end of June. Been going to the Glen since the F1 days of the mid-seventies.

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
In the US on Fox, ESPN & NBCSN we have:
  • The Race, All Star Series
  • ABB Formula E races
  • IndyCar iRacing
  • eNASCAR iRaces
  • iRacing Series: Wednesday Nights
  • F1 eSports Series
They are in their TV show infancy and will have growing pains.
There are lots of technical problems to be dealt with and internet bandwidth problems.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Given our current COVID19 restrictions has anyone payed attention to any of the 'iRacing' ?

Nope. I have Gran Turismo on PS4 so I can race hundreds of different cars on several F1 tracks.

If its not the real thing, I'm not interested.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Nope. I have Gran Turismo on PS4 so I can race hundreds of different cars on several F1 tracks.

If its not the real thing, I'm not interested.
all well and good but your PS4 doesn't even come close to what a real simulator can do.

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
In the TV shows some of the drivers have systems worth $40,000 or more. But one driver does rather well with a under $1000 rig.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
In the TV shows some of the drivers have systems worth $40,000 or more. But one driver does rather well with a under $1000 rig.
you're right, it's amazing the amount of $$ one can put into them. Pic of my sons build ..........

Dans Simulator.jpg

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
Meanwhile NASCAR is thinking about getting back to real racing in May! What could possibly go wrong?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Meanwhile NASCAR is thinking about getting back to real racing in May! What could possibly go wrong?
I hear 'ya, but ....... sooner or later a plan has to be executed. As I said earlier I've got fingers crossed to make the Glen the end of June

allfred

allfred

Enthusiast
Does anyone watch F1 now? How will the wetter be today, will it be raining like yesterday?
I think Hamilton got this race, he was so much faster than the rest in training.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis