3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I missed the Australia, finally watched the Malaysian race, and missed taping the last race. Looks like Mercedes did their homework in developing both engine and chassis. Its a good thing Vettel isn't driving for them because it wouldn't be a race at all. :p

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I think it's a cool Ipod dock, but 8500 is a bit out of my price range.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Two wins for Vettel so far in 2018. Its unfortunate what happened to one of the mechanics during Kimi's pit stop. I like to know what the cause of this was.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
Two wins for Vettel so far in 2018. Its unfortunate what happened to one of the mechanics during Kimi's pit stop. I like to know what the cause of this was.
Broken legs are usually caused when an object of significant mass (either an object or human body) comes into contact with a person's leg that is either stationary or in motion along a vector not parallel to the object of significant mass. As long as the object in motion has enough energy to impose a force greater than the strength of that particular human leg bone, the bone will fracture. An example would be a human locking up the front wheel on their motorcycle causing it to launch said rider into the back window of the SUV in front. When the human being launched has his/her femur (upper leg bone) hit the metal tail gate of the SUV approximately mid-thigh, the inertia of the upper body causes the upper body to continue through the window glass while the lower part of the femur and lower leg rapidly decelerate against the metal of the SUV back gate. The resulting differential in motion causes the femur to snap in half.

OR in another example, having an F1 car in motion hitting a human either standing still or in less motion can cause a similar bone failure.

Sorry...couldn't resist on a Monday morning...:rolleyes:

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
The racing this year is GREAT!

A few notes:

-Mechanic suffered multiple fractures, safe to say his career in F1 tire changing is over, hopefully he can be redistributed and stay with the team. Also, the wheel that hit the mechanic, was never even changed. I haven't watched closely enough, before, but I am not sure the mechanics are supposed to be standing that far inside the tire, for this exact reason - the Lead (front jack) may have had his vision blocked because of where this mechanic was standing and didn't realize the wheel hadn't been changed when he released the car.

-Honda seems to be making (finally) significant strides based on how the Toro Rosso's did!

-Double DNF for Red Bull!?! I'm becoming a big fan of Verstappen's driving, and Ricciardo's car just shut off completely!

-Cheers to Vettel as I have watched him, just like I am Verstappen, and am thankful for doing so when I get to see him put on a performance like Bahrain. Haven't been on the edge of my seat for several seasons now!

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Sticky it is! I didn't see the first race because I didn't know they had switched to ESPN. So far I'm not sure I like the new guys. I liked Hobbs.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
The racing this year is GREAT!

A few notes:

-Mechanic suffered multiple fractures, safe to say his career in F1 tire changing is over, hopefully he can be redistributed and stay with the team. Also, the wheel that hit the mechanic, was never even changed. I haven't watched closely enough, before, but I am not sure the mechanics are supposed to be standing that far inside the tire, for this exact reason - the Lead (front jack) may have had his vision blocked because of where this mechanic was standing and didn't realize the wheel hadn't been changed when he released the car.

-Honda seems to be making (finally) significant strides based on how the Toro Rosso's did!

-Double DNF for Red Bull!?! I'm becoming a big fan of Verstappen's driving, and Ricciardo's car just shut off completely!

-Cheers to Vettel as I have watched him, just like I am Verstappen, and am thankful for doing so when I get to see him put on a performance like Bahrain. Haven't been on the edge of my seat for several seasons now!
Vettel's win was even sweeter because the two commentators are so pro Louis Hamilton/Team IHO. I loved Vettels comment about not having tires for the last 10 laps and he still won... barely .

It will be interesting to hear the outcome of the investigation. I was thinking the same thing that rear tire guy was out of position .

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Broken legs are usually caused when an object of significant mass (either an object or human body) comes into contact with a person's leg that is either stationary or in motion along a vector not parallel to the object of significant mass. As long as the object in motion has enough energy to impose a force greater than the strength of that particular human leg bone, the bone will fracture. An example would be a human locking up the front wheel on their motorcycle causing it to launch said rider into the back window of the SUV in front. When the human being launched has his/her femur (upper leg bone) hit the metal tail gate of the SUV approximately mid-thigh, the inertia of the upper body causes the upper body to continue through the window glass while the lower part of the femur and lower leg rapidly decelerate against the metal of the SUV back gate. The resulting differential in motion causes the femur to snap in half.

OR in another example, having an F1 car in motion hitting a human either standing still or in less motion can cause a similar bone failure.

Sorry...couldn't resist on a Monday morning...:rolleyes:
Thanks Einstein ;)

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
Thanks Einstein ;)
De Nada...

I couldn't help myself. This weekend I got in trouble with the wife for commenting about how gravity was depressing and trying to keep you down. I also got her to do a spit-take with a well timed comment that probably shouldn't be posted on a public forum.

As for F1, I would like to see them ditch the crazy power units and just burn dead dinosaurs. I also think the HALO is ugly. But why complain as there is still racing on TV.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Vettel's win was even sweeter because the two commentators are so pro Louis Hamilton/Team IHO. I loved Vettels comment about not having tires for the last 10 laps and he still won... barely .

It will be interesting to hear the outcome of the investigation. I was thinking the same thing that rear tire guy was out of position .
HAHA! Yeah my Dad and I watch together and we can't stop cracking up over the obvious bias the British commentators have! Hopefully this will (finally) be Vettel's season and we can continue to laugh at their expense.

As for F1, I would like to see them ditch the crazy power units and just burn dead dinosaurs. I also think the HALO is ugly. But why complain as there is still racing on TV.
There's no substitute for the sound of V10 and V12 F1 engines. However, all but last place was beating the track record by Q2 in Bahrain this year. Almost all of the modern super cars can run full electric too. The 3.1 sec Enzo Ferrari is now beaten by a 5 passenger all electric sedan. I like progress!

Re: ESPN - The graphics are highly useful now, and I love the new steering angle feature too. The races have also been commercial free, I think thanks to it being the British feed.

annunaki

annunaki

Good race! I think it is beginning to show that Ferrari and Merc are quite close. A coupel more races will bear that out completely but so far so good. I think the surprise of the race was how competitive Sauber now are! That, combined with Haas performance gives me a lot of confidence for the Maranello based squad.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Good race! I think it is beginning to show that Ferrari and Merc are quite close. A coupel more races will bear that out completely but so far so good. I think the surprise of the race was how competitive Sauber now are! That, combined with Haas performance gives me a lot of confidence for the Maranello based squad.

It was interesting to see how much more difficult it was for the Merc's to move up through the field. The competition has definitely caught up!

Ah that reminded me of another note - Ferrari's exhaust smoke! It was visible under the lights from the Ferrari powered cars. Hope they aren't running their engines that hot, this early in the season!

annunaki

annunaki

It was interesting to see how much more difficult it was for the Merc's to move up through the field. The competition has definitely caught up!

Ah that reminded me of another note - Ferrari's exhaust smoke! It was visible under the lights from the Ferrari powered cars. Hope they aren't running their engines that hot, this early in the season!
The smoke is the thing that brought up controversy in the preseason testing. Its part of how they dump excess oil now due to oil burn limits.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
I know it's not F1, but did anyone watch the last two IndyCar races at Toronto and Mid-Ohio? That was some sweet racing and hard driving.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I know it's not F1, but did anyone watch the last two IndyCar races at Toronto and Mid-Ohio? That was some sweet racing and hard driving.
I do try to catch those and the new Formula E when I can - but I haven't seen F1 since Austria! Where the hell did this summer go!?

annunaki

annunaki

Any of you subscribed to F1 TV Pro?

I ditched cable/sat completely since that is all I had it for.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja

No but I think I will try it - I see all the extra features including the CHOICE of On Board cameras!

How do you like it? Better than network?

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General

No. I ditched satellite but moved to a streaming service via Roku. Cut my bill by 2/3 and I still have about 98% of the channels I used to watch. A lot fewer channels but I never watched the gazillion shopping channels satellite provided.

annunaki

annunaki

No but I think I will try it - I see all the extra features including the CHOICE of On Board cameras!

How do you like it? Better than network?
ESPN’s Sky F1 broadcast was pretty good. It will freeze from time to time but it is great being able to ride on board and hear the team communication through the race. It would be awesome if they would let you spilt screen, ride with the driver of your choice and see the main FOM feed and toggle back and forth for audio.

All in all, it is convenient, affordable, and it is on demand.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis