For guys who never got enough of a card and clothespin on their bicycle

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Well, umm, see, the MB G500 is very reliable, second only to the LX570.

But ----- that was just a phase I went through. In real life, my next vehicle will still be the LX570, not any Mercedes. :D
I understand completely. The one time I drove one (it was a colleague's; he was very proud of it), I felt like I needed a bag over my head, so no one would recognize me and think it was mine.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Even if I had the money to buy Mercedes vehicle I wouldn't. The Mercedes emblem looks to close to a Swashbuckler Emblem. :D

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Not a market for just this product, perhaps, but cars nowadays are getting very quiet in general and electric ones in particular.

I would not be surprised, at least in Europe, that some cars may be deemed too quiet and should emit some sound for safety of others.

That said, some drivers of cars and motorcycles like excessive noise on their vehicles and they can just go f*ck themselves.
I was pulled over once years ago because I had an aftermarket exhaust on my car. Cop tried to tell me that any aftermarket exhaust was illegal. I told him they aren't and if they were, how on earth were any muffler shops in business? I'm pretty sure he was new, he went back and conferred with a colleague then came back with a warning and let me leave. He stayed outside to listen as I drove off in case it was too loud for the noise ordinance, but I'm not that kind of car modder.

When I got my current car I felt it was way too quiet for something of it's caliber, so I ended up buying a helmholtz resonated axleback from someone returning their lease. Gave me a fuller sound that stock and wasn't too expensive or loud. Now I love stomping on it when I go through a tunnel with the windows down.

There's a decent market for this. Sound-enhancing"?" aftermarket exhaust systems are fairly popular over on the Ford Raptor forums. Some people just can't get over the sound of a V6 in their trucks.
I have a couple mechanic friends that love American muscle cars and trucks. They gave me a lot of flack for my old Accord V6 coupe, but they genuinely complimented me on how it sounded once I was all done with my mods. That was one of the best compliments I could've gotten!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
IMHO, there's only one thing sillier than buying a contraption like this, and that's wanting one so badly you're willing to put in the effort to make it yourself.
Can't think of a good reason to do it but what's to make about a loudspeaker? The installation and weather protection could be a pain, tho. I did have one of these for my bike (altho only v.1), but gave it to a neighborhood kid instead :) https://www.amazon.com/Turbospoke-Bicycle-Exhaust-System-Updated/dp/B07K1LPBBY

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
You know, it's only a matter of time before the manufacturer's start doing this. They already pipe exhaust enhancing noises through the audio systems of plenty of vehicles...

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
You know, it's only a matter of time before the manufacturer's start doing this. They already pipe exhaust enhancing noises through the audio systems of plenty of vehicles...
Mufflers shops down here sell a lot of Exhaust enhancements. They are still Installing the red glass packs. One of my friends just closed up his Custom exhaust shop was 35 years in it Retired a pretty wealthy man. His shop is Sorely missed, people with street Legal hot rods where coming from all over to have him custom make an exhaust for them. When was the last time anyone saw a cop stop someone riding a Harley Davison with open pipes.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Mufflers shops down here sell a lot of Exhaust enhancements. They are still Installing the red glass packs. One of my friends just closed up his Custom exhaust shop was 35 years in it Retired a pretty wealthy man. His shop is Sorely missed, people with street Legal hot rods where coming from all over to have him custom make an exhaust for them. When was the last time anyone saw a cop stop someone riding a Harley Davison with open pipes.
Yeah, I've never seen one stopped. I kinda understood motorcycles with open pipes when I lived in the NYC area, because people didn't pay much attention. I'd want to make sure everyone on the road heard me too if I was riding one there.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Wow. Folks buy this crap?! What exactly, is the gain here? Ha ha

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Wow. Folks buy this crap?! What exactly, is the gain here? Ha ha
Sure looks like there is a market for this. In business how long, 40 years and a huge number of employees. Almot a one of a kind car with those mods. Insane.

If people built ultra luxurious homes, why not such custom cars? Keeps a good number of people employed. :D

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Stoopidist thing I’ve seen in a long time. Wannabe? Poseur? Lame!
Dumn. Jus dumm.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis