Food Channel Personalities

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....I feel Alton Brown is really coming into his own as host of the American Iron-Chef hourly shows.....Barefoot Contessa gives recipes that are wonderful in real life....Bobby Flay is tough....I'm glad to see another girl is starting a 30 minute show named "quick meals" to go against Rachael Ray's "30 minute meals", but Rachael's 40 dollars a day to eat on shows will go forever....your favorites?....I like Paula's shows a lot, too.....

majorloser

majorloser

One word..............BAMM!

Emeril IS the Food Channel.

And having a couple of his restaurants nearby in Orlando works for me.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I like license to grill. Emeril is old news.

SheepStar

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
Sheep said:
I like license to grill. Emeril is old news.

SheepStar
.....Emeril's still hot, Sheep, he's on about four times a day....Bobby Flay, now there's you an American Iron-Chef specializing in tex-mex seasonings, and done struck it rich in New York with those recipes....wow.....

Matt34

Matt34

My wife likes em all except Rachael and Bobby, I think she like's Paula the best. I like Alton and for some reason Everyday Italian is easy to watch.;)

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
I like Good Eats, Alton makes cooking entertaining. And who knew onion dip was so cheap & easy to make?

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
I used to be a food network fanatic. Now, it is Good Eats or nothing. Emeril was entertaining for a while but overall, it is all the same jokes over and over. With Alton, you actually learn something. I don't often use his (or any) recipes, but the techniques are what are important.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Good Eats is king! Anything Bobby flay #2.

nuff said,
SBF1

majorloser

majorloser

Matt34 said:
My wife likes em all except Rachael and Bobby, I think she like's Paula the best. I like Alton and for some reason Everyday Italian is easy to watch.;)
If she likes Paula Deen, you absolutely MUST take her to Savannah, GA. Paula's restaurant, "The Lady and Sons" is excellent.

http://www.ladyandsons.com/

Go there at Christmas time. Savannah is beautiful that time of year. My other "must visit" restaurant there is Mrs. Wilkes.

http://www.mrswilkes.com/

Emeril has two restaurants here in Orlando, "Emeril's" and "Tchoup Chop". He does visit his restaurants. I have been personnaly BAMMED by the man himself.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I'm a "Good Eats" guy all the way. He teaches as well as entertains.

I like Rachel Ray's "Thirty Minute Meals" and $40/Day but I think I've seen 'em all and her little giggle is startin' to get on my nerves.

The reason I like both of these is that they generally deal in fairly simple recipes with easily available ingredients and make me feel that even a klutz like me can turn out a decent meal. ...and, thanks to these two, I can. :D

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
......I think we all agree....Alton Brown is thumbs-up....I really meant that remark about his hosting the American Iron-Chef shows....I still say Bobby Flay has probably the best record of wins against losses than any other American Iron-Chef....I saw that American Iron-Chef Woman get embarrassed one night....she looks good, but "Who's Cuisine Reigns Supreme?"....huh?....

....."Everyday Italian"....somebody said she actually has a face, but I can't swear to it.....

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....Rachael can get the giggles, but she's gold to the Food Channel....her 30 minute meal shows generally look like the dishes would be pretty good, but I'll never forget one night about two years ago....Rachael dry-pan-fried a really nice big porterhouse steak with shake spices, had it really looking great just ready for a pat of butter on top sitting on my plate, then she opened a large can of DelMonte stewed tomatoes, and dumped them on the finished steak in the pan....I stared at the screen blank-like for about 5 minutes....Rachael Ray made me pay more attention to her ingredients after that night, and she gave me the real breakthrough ingredient in my bbq sauce.....yay, Rachael....ease off on them giggles and check into push-ups, haha.....

.....I love The Food Channel......

FLZapped

FLZapped

Audioholic
Trout Icecream with Eyeball......

Mario is the guy I really like, but his show seems to have been vanquished to some obscure timeslot. That theme song really sticks in yer head! I do enjoy Everyday Italian, however, Giada's book was panned. (uhm, pun intended, yeah, yeah, that's it)

I also agree that Emeril IS the food channel, whatever he wants, he gets. Just wish we had the choice of ingredients he (his staff) has at his fingertips in his new location. Even if I went to three different places, I'd still come up short. Finally got to eat at one of his restaurants, it was superb.

I second that Rachel would be okay without that silly giggle.

Alton has a great show, but he isn't always right.

I can do without Paula, Ina, and Miss Semi-homemade. Blech.

Flay grew on me.

Bottom line, I have expanded my abilites as a result of those shows, now my wife wants me to take over all the cooking :eek:

Wanted Eggplant Parm one night....no eggplant, no biggie, grabbed some chicken breast and adjusted things. No recipie, BTW. Only takes about an hour from scratch.

Wanted to make a plum sauce another night, BAH! No plum preserves/jam/jelly, no biggie, substituted guava.

(See what I mean about ingredients available!!)

Those are the kinds of things I have learned to do on the fly.

-Bruce

PS - Says alot about the current state of TV when the Food Channel is the most watched network in America......

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
Tom Andry said:
but the techniques are what are important.
.....O, the power of this statement....I could tell you the exact ingredients and the exact amount of the ingredients of my bbq sauce, and three years later, after pouring approx 193 loads down the garbage disposal to chop up the two-inch thick burn-lumps, you might have a year or two left....the word I use is methods, techniques is fine, too......

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
FLZapped said:
I also agree that Emeril IS the food channel, whatever he wants, he gets
.....if you really want good practical advice on dishes being prepared and Emeril be loose and teaching comfortably, catch his show when he's not in front of an audience....just him in that different kitchen....no horrible music coming from a live band that doesn't carry over well to the TV audience, at all....Emeril is VERY good when the audience and live band ain't there....I much prefer it....out.....

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
FLZapped said:
Miss Semi-homemade. Bleach
.....FLZapped, Sandra Lee says her Gramma' taught her all she knows about entertaining....well, all I can say is, her Gramma' must have been a closet drinker, 'cause Sandra can't do a food show and not teach you how to make some sorta' hooch-drink for 40....yeah, I know, Rachael Ray will drink a beer faster than a cat can lick it's butt....what are we to do, Guys?, these worthless women are slick and relentless....

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I loved her frozen chocolate cakes and cheesecakes.

mulester7 said:
.....FLZapped, Sandra Lee says her Gramma' taught her all she knows about entertaining....well, all I can say is, her Gramma' must have been a closet drinker, 'cause Sandra can't do a food show and not teach you how to make some sorta' hooch-drink for 40....yeah, I know, Rachael Ray will drink a beer faster than a cat can lick it's butt....what are we to do, Guys?, these worthless women are slick and relentless....
Oops.. .that's Sara Lee. Do ya a think they could be related?

And, yeah, giggle or not, I wouldn't mind having a few brewskies with Rachel Ray.

JVC

JVC

Banned
I saw a Behind the Scenes show on there awhile back, and they said there is a two year waiting period for free tickets, to see Emeril Live.

I call Alton Brown, the "Mister Wizard" of the Food Network. He's funnier than Don Hurbert was though.

I like about all the shows on there. Haven't seen one that I don't like......yet.
Giada is a FOX! Rachael's ok, but gets on my nerves sometime. Everytime she bites into something, her eyes roll, like she's in pure heaven. I'm anxious to see Guy's new show. You know............ the fellow that won the competition, to have his own show. The guy with the wild blonde hair.

The main thing that really bugs me about the Food Network, is that ALL their cooks, use way too much celantro! I HATE CELANTRO! They have to put it in everything!
I'd say that about 60% of the time that our tv is on, it's on the Food Network. We love it..............

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
Rachel Ray has a set of teeth that just keep going. I'll admit I've watched her show just because I want to do some very naughty things to her mouth. ;) :eek:

FLZapped

FLZapped

Audioholic
JVC said:
I'm anxious to see Guy's new show. You know............ the fellow that won the competition, to have his own show. The guy with the wild blonde hair.
LIKEWISE!!:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis