Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Anyone interested in this? It's shaping up to be one of, if not the biggest sporting event ever. I'm not a sports guy. Don't care about football, nascar, or baseball, but I'm a long time fan of mixed martial arts and have followed the ufc (they did start it all) from back when it was lawless and anything goes. The sport has really evolved and now produces some of the finest, most disciplined athletes on the planet.

Floyd vs Conor is an interesting match up because Conor actually does know how to box and will probably present a very unique style when compared to a typical boxer. He's also a lefty and has a puncher's chance in this fight. When he hits people they go to sleep. If he connects with Floyd it'll be a short night.

That being said, I suspect Conor will probably spend the night chasing Floyd around the ring and missing a lot. He may never get that opportunity to touch him because not getting hit is what Floyd does best and he's very good at it. It could be a long, exhausting night for Conor.

There is one thing Conor can say that I don't think any of Floyd's previous opponents could. If it were to come down to a real fight, Conor would beat the crap out of him. It wouldn't last long either. I think just adding kicks with none of the grappling would be enough for Conor to finish him quickly. However, these are boxing rules and that's all Floyd's world. I'll be very surprised if Conor wins, but I think it'll be entertaining.

We're gonna see how it goes on August 26th! My son and a buddy of mine are all chipping in on the ppv.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Anyone interested in this? It's shaping up to be one of, if not the biggest sporting event ever. I'm not a sports guy. Don't care about football, nascar, or baseball, but I'm a long time fan of mixed martial arts and have followed the ufc (they did start it all) from back when it was lawless and anything goes. The sport has really evolved and now produces some of the finest, most disciplined athletes on the planet.

Floyd vs Conor is an interesting match up because Conor actually does know how to box and will probably present a very unique style when compared to a typical boxer. He's also a lefty and has a puncher's chance in this fight. When he hits people they go to sleep. If he connects with Floyd it'll be a short night.

That being said, I suspect Conor will probably spend the night chasing Floyd around the ring and missing a lot. He may never get that opportunity to touch him because not getting hit is what Floyd does best and he's very good at it. It could be a long, exhausting night for Conor.

There is one thing Conor can say that I don't think any of Floyd's previous opponents could. If it were to come down to a real fight, Conor would beat the crap out of him. It wouldn't last long either. I think just adding kicks with none of the grappling would be enough for Conor to finish him quickly. However, these are boxing rules and that's all Floyd's world. I'll be very surprised if Conor wins, but I think it'll be entertaining.

We're gonna see how it goes on August 26th! My son and a buddy of mine are all chipping in on the ppv.
Unfortunately, Floyd will be doing a lot of hugging, that seems to be all he's got left in him, what a sham his last fight turned out to be. I hope Conor sets him straight!

Have you seen the press events? Dang, Conor is a natural sh1t-talker! Floyd has to make a statement, then take a lap to think of his next line. Conor, "this is only half a fight!"

Regardless, I hope it's an entertaining fight! Earn that pay check!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Unfortunately, Floyd will be doing a lot of hugging, that seems to be all he's got left in him, what a sham his last fight turned out to be. I hope Conor sets him straight!

Have you seen the press events? Dang, Conor is a natural sh1t-talker! Floyd has to make a statement, then take a lap to think of his next line. Conor, "this is only half a fight!"

Regardless, I hope it's an entertaining fight! Earn that pay check!
I did see them! Conor is one of the best shit talkers in the game. Some are already comparing him to Ali as far as his charismatic personality.

I don't know if the clinch is where floyd wants to be. Clinching and grappling are a big part of mma, but this is boxing and Floyd is the best in the game. IF Conor wins this he could possibly become the most famous athlete in history. He has a puncher's chance.

Conor: "If this was a real fight, I could kill you."

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I predict a few rounds to satisfy sponsors and then a very sad, but fat wallet, Conor. I don't see him winning. Conor has a SLIM chance, it could happen, but I kind of doubt it. And I ain't paying $100 to see that.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I predict a few rounds to satisfy sponsors and then a very sad, but fat wallet, Conor. I don't see him winning. Conor has a SLIM chance, it could happen, but I kind of doubt it. And I ain't paying $100 to see that.
3 of us are pitching in for it. I agree with you tho, I wouldn't pay a hundo for it either.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
3 of us are pitching in for it. I agree with you tho, I wouldn't pay a hundo for it either.
Every time I've paid for any sort of fight (boxing, UFC) it turned out to be a horrible letdown.

I'll wait until it comes on HBO and watch it. Or figure out something. I do home Connor wins though, but I just wonder if he's too much out of his element.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Every time I've paid for any sort of fight (boxing, UFC) it turned out to be a horrible letdown.

I'll wait until it comes on HBO and watch it. Or figure out something. I do home Connor wins though, but I just wonder if he's too much out of his element.
The last PPV I got was Conor v Diaz 1 and that one was worth it. Both of their fights were pretty epic. Now Conor v Aldo... glad I didn't pay for that one. Fight was over literally in a few seconds!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It will pretty much be whether or not he can catch Floyd off guard and land something good. Floyd has much faster hands and avoidance; this is what he does... Conor may be well rounded, but he didn't spend his entire career doing this.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Anyone watch it? Conor did a hell of a lot better than I thought he would.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Actually, I would say they both won. The money that they both made was unbelievable. Not exactly sure what the pay out was, but read that Floyd M. was guaranteed at least $100 Million! Holy smokes! Either way, they both win as far as money is concerned. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Actually, I would say they both won. The money that they both made was unbelievable. Not exactly sure what the pay out was, but read that Floyd M. was guaranteed at least $100 Million! Holy smokes! Either way, they both win as far as money is concerned. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil
Floyd got 300 miliion and Conor got 100 million and I'll bet they both got a piece of the ppv too. I pretty much knew Conor wouldn't win, but I dont think he embarrassed himself either. I easily gave him the first 3 rounds. Floyd's been doing this too long. He knew how to pace himself whereas Conor was gassed by the 25 minute mark, which is the longest he's ever fought in the ufc.

Floyd knew that and laid back for the first half of the fight and let Conor punch himself out. I'd have loved to see Conor win, but I'm impressed with Floyd. This wasn't his usual boxing style. He was going for a knockout. When's the last time Floyd Mayweather went for a knockout in a fight?

It was entertaining to be sure. I'm glad we watched it. I wouldn't have paid 100 bucks for it though. I had some folks over and we all pitched in on it.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Mayweather's purse was $100M and McGregor's purse was $30M. That's before PPV points/sponsors/etc. People have estimated Mayweather would make $300M+ after everything and McGregor would be around $100M.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There's no real way for Connor to train to handle a long fight in a relatively short time compared to Mayweather training for a career to last that long. It was kind of inevitable. Unless Connor handled him early, that was his only chance. Just stepping into the ring he made millions, so even losing it was a smart fight. That he lasted that long and did as well surprising but the overall result was expected IMO. In an interview with Mayweather, he said he wanted the KO bad, to end the career on a high note.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Floyd got 300 miliion and Conor got 100 million and I'll bet they both got a piece of the ppv too. I pretty much knew Conor wouldn't win, but I dont think he embarrassed himself either. I easily gave him the first 3 rounds. Floyd's been doing this too long. He knew how to pace himself whereas Conor was gassed by the 25 minute mark, which is the longest he's ever fought in the ufc.

Floyd knew that and laid back for the first half of the fight and let Conor punch himself out. I'd have loved to see Conor win, but I'm impressed with Floyd. This wasn't his usual boxing style. He was going for a knockout. When's the last time Floyd Mayweather went for a knockout in a fight?

It was entertaining to be sure. I'm glad we watched it. I wouldn't have paid 100 bucks for it though. I had some folks over and we all pitched in on it.
Shoot I woludn't mind to get my butt kicked for $100 million! Heck, I would do it for $30 million, but don't tell them that......LOL!!!!!!! :D:p:D Thanks for the info Pogre!

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis