FLOORSTANDING SPEAKER COMPARISON

L

Luis Vaz

Enthusiast
It is all about what sounds good to you, and what is good enough for you.

No one can speak for your ears - However, I would still put bookshelf speakers
joined by a sub on a short list.
Well I have currently bookshelf speakers don't have a sub, the Elac B6 are well rated however there may be better bookshelf speakers, maybe I just need to get a good sub which I will eventually and try it out.

My existing bookshelf speakers cannot compare with towers as of today, the sound clarity is not the same, adding the sub will improve the bass but it won't improve the clarity

L

Luis Vaz

Enthusiast
Luis,
> You admit you're "ignorant in these matters".
> Everybody is directing you toward bookshelves & a sub in your budget.
> Yet you keep going back to towers.

I'm not sure if there's benefit in continuing this discussion. You seem to want towers, regardless of the advice given. So I just say good luck and I hope you enjoy your new system.
Well the tower sound is better than my existing bookshelf speakers, I looked the AA recommended, still not sure of what to do, it may be best to get a sub and keep my B6's

L

Luis Vaz

Enthusiast
Luis....I opted for towers vs. bookshelves...I prefer lookng at a full speaker from the ground up..hence why I switched from a monitor. Good advice had been offered .....imo whether you go tower or monitor..I would not want to forgo the sub. You'll have to decide what suits your preferences....others may respectfully disagree but it sounds like you've already decided what you want and answered your own question...JMO.
Thanks, I am thankful for the advice on getting better bookshelf which will keep it on budget but based on what I listened to the tower dynamics seems to improve over the bookshelf

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis