Floor towers or small Bipolar speakers for Surround

E

Edcard32

Audiophyte
I’m changing my home theater setup from 7.2.2 to 5.2.4 but for surround which one is better the Bowers & Wilkins - 600 Series 684 S2 Dual 5" 2 Way Floorstanding Loudspeaker or the Definitive Technology SR-9040 10” Bipolar wall Speaker.
Thanks.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I wouldn't bother with anything from B&W generally, and not the 600 series particularly, nor the DT stuff. Why do you think they're both in the running for your applicstion? They're fairly different in design, too. I wouldn't use bipolar for surround myself.

P

ParisB

Audioholic
I'm assuming you mean the tower speakers, BP9040s. Those have 8" woofer (not 10"). If you meant the SR9040s, those are smaller satellite style bipolar speakers.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Use neither.
What speakers are your front 3?

E

Edcard32

Audiophyte
I wouldn't bother with anything from B&W generally, and not the 600 series particularly, nor the DT stuff. Why do you think they're both in the running for your applicstion? They're fairly different in design, too. I wouldn't use bipolar for surround myself.
That’s what I have.

MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Senior Audioholic
Hi,

Well, if it's based on what you have, then just set them both up ideally and listen to them on the same couple of scenes or musics (upmixed for surround) and see which ones sound best to you.

If you're looking to get something to do this, that's different. But if you're just trying to use what you have, well, it doesn't matter and you can just test it which is the best option.

Very best,

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That’s what I have.
Ah, read your message as if this is what you were shopping for. I'd prefer the non bipolar speaker most likely for surrounds as I didn't care for bipolars as surrounds when I tried them. What are the rest of the speakers?

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Try the bipolar see if you like them ,
I’d take jbl over b &w unless bowers isa Lot cheaper than worth a shot
Any luck setting it up ?? Pics

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis