Flipped down-firing subs up

Sef_Makaro

Sef_Makaro

Audioholic
Its a cheesy product, too, but they work! SVS soundpath isolation feet.
I use the soundpath feet on my subs. The hard rubber feet they came with would vibrate on my wood floors. They seem to work well enough.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Thanks John for the info on my floor. And the "squishiness" matches my username, btw. ha. I'll get those floor protectors. The price is pretty great compared to other options. Do you think the felt would grip enough for my subs to not need a driver's licence?

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I use the soundpath feet on my subs. The hard rubber feet they came with would vibrate on my wood floors. They seem to work well enough.
Those look pretty great. Like Ryan said, they are spendy. Around $98 for two sets on Amazon!

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
And like I said above... and I am not trying to sell this. Frankly I like them, but they are too expensive as is: the SVS soundpath isolation feet. I found a deal... might've been a store selling damaged goods, but got 2 sets of four in a 6-pack boxes. *shrugs
Not a bad deal for me since I was curious. But they flippin' work! So, there's that.
If you stick with the cones, maybe try a drop... allow me to repeat: A DROP... of the blue thread lock on them. You can still remove them if you use a neoprene utility glove for grip, but they won't vibrate loose.
Good idea on the blue thread lock. I have a bottle of that that I use on my motorcycle.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks John for the info on my floor. And the "squishiness" matches my username, btw. ha. I'll get those floor protectors. The price is pretty great compared to other options. Do you think the felt would grip enough for my subs to not need a driver's licence?
Are you this guy?
1550453234193.png

Fortunately, your sub should have little to no lateral movement due to the vertical action of the cone. I believe no DL is required! ;)

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Are you this guy?
View attachment 28274
Fortunately, your sub should have little to no lateral movement due to the vertical action of the cone. I believe no DL is required! ;)
Nope. I'm Todd. My brother is Scott though. I send this to him. ha.
All great info guys. Looks like my subs will be "right side down" again soon.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis