First post, first sub.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Agree. I'd want the PB or PC2K Pro. I have a feeling he's going to find the SB2K lacking.
I hate saying it. But I think so too. I know he had WAF to contend with as well but I can see where this is headed. A loooong time ago, my girlfriend bought me an MB quart HT sub. I was so impressed. She went to our local AV place, and talked to the guys trying to figure out what to get. I tried it out, and knew immediately it wasn’t gonna work. I felt about one inch tall, but I returned it and upgraded it. In an odd twist of fate, I have three subs in my LR. And she hates them all!!!

Strats4me

Strats4me

Audiophyte
Last update, and thanks for the input. Got the SB2K Pro, downloaded the app, set the LPF to 64 Hz. I’m happy with the results. It’s actually what I wanted, solid bottom without it being overbearing. I was never crazy about my 685’s. Whole new ballgame now. Played some of San Andreas, good tight rumble without being obnoxious. So now I have to find some good movies for LF content. Any suggestions, or is there a thread here somewhere?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Last update, and thanks for the input. Got the SB2K Pro, downloaded the app, set the LPF to 64 Hz. I’m happy with the results. It’s actually what I wanted, solid bottom without it being overbearing. I was never crazy about my 685’s. Whole new ballgame now. Played some of San Andreas, good tight rumble without being obnoxious. So now I have to find some good movies for LF content. Any suggestions, or is there a thread here somewhere?
Glad you're happy with it!

Just one point tho, if a sub is overbearing or obnoxious it's because it's not set up properly. It has nothing to do with ported vs sealed. You have a year to play with your new sub tho, and if you ever find anything lacking an upgrade to the PB or PC will likely fill in the gap. You can't beat ported for deep bass extension.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
This is a great thread for LF content https://data-bass.ipbhost.com/topic/12-the-low-frequency-content-thread-films-games-music-etc/

And a local thread for music https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/subwoofer-candy.97152/

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
New SVS Pb1000 Pro just got announced for $599! Check their website. Edit whoops I'm late. Congrats.

JackstrawfromWichita

JackstrawfromWichita

Enthusiast
Congrats! It took me 31 days to purchase my 2nd SB2K Pro. I'm 70% Music/30% HT and the dual subs with my Vandersteen 3A Sigs is pretty sweet! "If" you go this route, you certainly wont regret it!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis