First On a new System

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Music: Nine Inch Nails, Type O Negative, Tool, Alice in Chains unplugged

Concert Blu-rays/Movies: Nine Inch Nails, Tron Legacy, Ready Player One, Avatar
Given your taste, I’ll suggest at least to you and @Pogre, Staind, love at Mohegan sun. It’s like being in the room. Iirc it has a 2ch mix and a 5.1 mix, and maybe an on stage mix. That might a 3 doors down disk though...
Also, Rush, R-30. It’s soooo good. If your system can play this at MV-5 it’s almost like being there. AC/DC live at river palate is fun too.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
My Reference Atmos/DTSX Movie List (not in any particular order):

1. Pacific Rim 2013 4K Atmos
2. Blade Runner 2049 2017 4K Atmos (among the best)
3. Cloverfield Paradox 2018 2K Atmos
4. The Equalizer 2014 4K Atmos
5. The Great Wall 2016 4K Atmos
6. Hunter Killer 2018 4K Atmos
7. The Matrix Trilogy 1999, 2003, 2003 4K Atmos
8. Oblivion 2013 4K Atmos
9. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies 2016 4K Atmos
10. Salt 2010 4K Atmos
11. Sully 2016 4K Atmos
12. Twilight 2008 4K Atmos
13. Underworld 2003 4K Atmos
14. Underworld Blood Wars 2016 4K Atmos
15. Atomic Blonde 2017 4K DTSX
16. Harry Potter franchise (8 movies) 2001-2011 4K DTSX
17. Black Hawk Down 2001 4K Atmos
18. 13 Hours 2016 4K Atmos
19. Gravity 2013 2K Atmos
20. Ready Player One 2018 4K Atmos
21. Robin Hood 2018 4K Atmos
22. Jurassic World 4K DTSX
23. Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom 4K DTSX
24. Terminator Genisys 4K Atmos
25. Alita Battle Angel 2019 4K Atmos
26. Pet Sematary (2019) 4K Atmos
27. Blade Runner 1982 4K Atmos (among the best)
28. Godzilla King of the Monsters 2019 4K Atmos (among the best)
29. Jupiter Ascending 4K Atmos
30. X-Men Dark Phoenix 2019 4K Atmos
31. Lucy 2014 4K Atmos

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
My Reference Atmos/DTSX Movie List (not in any particular order):

1. Pacific Rim 2013 4K Atmos
2. Blade Runner 2049 2017 4K Atmos (among the best)
3. Cloverfield Paradox 2018 2K Atmos
4. The Equalizer 2014 4K Atmos
5. The Great Wall 2016 4K Atmos
6. Hunter Killer 2018 4K Atmos
7. The Matrix Trilogy 1999, 2003, 2003 4K Atmos
8. Oblivion 2013 4K Atmos
9. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies 2016 4K Atmos
10. Salt 2010 4K Atmos
11. Sully 2016 4K Atmos
12. Twilight 2008 4K Atmos
13. Underworld 2003 4K Atmos
14. Underworld Blood Wars 2016 4K Atmos
15. Atomic Blonde 2017 4K DTSX
16. Harry Potter franchise (8 movies) 2001-2011 4K DTSX
17. Black Hawk Down 2001 4K Atmos
18. 13 Hours 2016 4K Atmos
19. Gravity 2013 2K Atmos
20. Ready Player One 2018 4K Atmos
21. Robin Hood 2018 4K Atmos
22. Jurassic World 4K DTSX
23. Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom 4K DTSX
24. Terminator Genisys 4K Atmos
25. Alita Battle Angel 2019 4K Atmos
26. Pet Sematary (2019) 4K Atmos
27. Blade Runner 1982 4K Atmos (among the best)
28. Godzilla King of the Monsters 2019 4K Atmos (among the best)
29. Jupiter Ascending 4K Atmos
30. X-Men Dark Phoenix 2019 4K Atmos
31. Lucy 2014 4K Atmos
Great list....I'm not sure if I've even seen that many blu ray flicks period...lol.

I'm going to have to watch Blade Runner 2049 again...I'm missing something. I've held off from reviewing it because both times I watched I fell asleep mid-movie and finished the next morning.

Godzilla King of the Monsters will be among the next atmos blu ray I buy.

A lot of the war movies are alike, but Saving Private Ryan and Hacksaw Ridge were equally very good, in general surround, and atmos outstanding.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Given your taste, I’ll suggest at least to you and @Pogre, Staind, love at Mohegan sun. It’s like being in the room. Iirc it has a 2ch mix and a 5.1 mix, and maybe an on stage mix. That might a 3 doors down disk though...
Also, Rush, R-30. It’s soooo good. If your system can play this at MV-5 it’s almost like being there. AC/DC live at river palate is fun too.
That would absolutely be right up my alley man. I love Staind. I did not know such a Blu-ray existed! I can see me enjoying Rush and AC/DC also. Thanks for the tips!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
That would absolutely be right up my alley man. I love Staind. I did not know such a Blu-ray existed! I can see me enjoying Rush and AC/DC also. Thanks for the tips!
Roger that! It’s interesting that after Wysocki left, his drum tech Sal got the job. You should buy it. Turn that bitch up, and it’s so clean and clear. One of the best live recordings I own. Side note, as it goes on, Aaron’s voice gets better. Anyway, get it. You’ll love.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Roger that! It’s interesting that after Wysocki left, his drum tech Sal got the job. You should buy it. Turn that bitch up, and it’s so clean and clear. One of the best live recordings I own. Side note, as it goes on, Aaron’s voice gets better. Anyway, get it. You’ll love.
Does this look like the right one? Some of them are labeled as "imported".

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Does this look like the right one? Some of them are labeled as "imported".

Looks like it. Can’t believe it’s 5 bucks!!!
Another good one is Roger Waters “the wall”. It’s in Atmos!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Looks like it. Can’t believe it’s 5 bucks!!!
Another good one is Roger Waters “the wall”. It’s in Atmos!
Ordered!

I'm not that surprised tho. You can find blu rays and cds on ebay for cheap. I've gotten quite a few this way.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Ordered!

I'm not that surprised tho. You can find blu rays and cds on ebay for cheap. I've gotten quite a few this way.
Good point! I’ve looked for some stuff like the Diamond Luxe version of “Gravity” for the Atmos track. People think it’s made of gold.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
I'm still only 2 yrs removed from a total system rebuild. Initially I played the same thumb drive of music that I used at all my demo sessions.

It had female vocals, male vocals, jazz, a little bass heavy R&B, a few classic rock songs. Then I moved on to spinning...one album I do remember playing (CD actually)...DSOTM, and my very 1st Multi-cha SACd I played quite often was Dire Straits, Brothers In Arms
@2channel lover
how could you forget the Salk Demo CD that came with your Sallks?
The Demo CD that Jim Salk sent with mine is pure gold. I'm not sure I would have known any of the songs (except the Santana song) beforehand. None of them are "my kind of music". But having listened to it, its just friggin' excellent for showing off the Salks. I assume it would be great on something else too :)

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Just ordered the Staind blu-ray from Amazon for $6!

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
@2channel lover
how could you forget the Salk Demo CD that came with your Sallks?
The Demo CD that Jim Salk sent with mine is pure gold. I'm not sure I would have known any of the songs (except the Santana song) beforehand. None of them are "my kind of music". But having listened to it, its just friggin' excellent for showing off the Salks. I assume it would be great on something else too :)
That's just it...it came with the Salks...by then I'd already demoed a dz speakers at least so I just kept using the same thing for easy comparison.

I did play Jim's demo disc, 1st as he suggested...very good indeed.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Buck gave me a copy of Jim's disc and I still pop it in (play the file) from time to time. There's some good stuff on it.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Buck gave me a copy of Jim's disc and I still pop it in (play the file) from time to time. There's some good stuff on it.
Is there a track listing I could find anywhere? It is always of interest what the designers like to use for demos. The CD included with my Hsu subwoofer has some good stuff on it as well!

EDIT: Is this it? It's from 2006
1582729496279.png

Last edited:
Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Is there a track listing I could find anywhere? It is always of interest what the designers like to use for demos. The CD included with my Hsu subwoofer has some good stuff on it as well!

EDIT: Is this it? It's from 2006
View attachment 34283
close enough. Mine is from 2016/2017. Most of the songs are the same.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
If you want to push your system to the point of breaking, throw in Godzilla King of Monster.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Wow. It is so clean and clear! I just watched about half of it (UFC started). It's so clean. Thanks for the suggestion!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Wow. It is so clean and clear! I just watched about half of it (UFC started). It's so clean. Thanks for the suggestion!
Right?!?! That’s what gets me too. It’s just so clean. I swear It’s almost like being in the room.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis