First On a new System

jcrowde3

jcrowde3

Junior Audioholic
You've just bought a brand new system. After all that work of unboxing, running wire, calibrating, you finally got everything done and sat down on the couch and you have the rest of the day to spend quality time with your new "mistress" as it were. What album do you listen to or movie do you watch?

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
You've just bought a brand new system. After all that work of unboxing, running wire, calibrating, you finally got everything done and sat down on the couch and you have the rest of the day to spend quality time with your new "mistress" as it were. What album do you listen to or movie do you watch?
Hard question, so much content to choose from. Anyway, did you by a totally all new system?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Ummm what are some favorite artists? I usually start with music. Something I know and love. Then after some music, blow the house up with some movie time! Midway is fresh in my mind and has an exemplary Atmos track. So does hacksaw ridge and sooooo many others.

jcrowde3

jcrowde3

Junior Audioholic
I'm just curious what others would pick. I would watch the Eagles Hell Freezes Over DVD.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah. Did you get a new system or is this a hypothetical?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Tron Legacy, Oblivion, Edge of Tomorrow, Avatar have some nice testing for movies.

Music a few of my blurays or multich sacds, maybe Talking Heads' Stop Making Sense (which is actually another movie), a couple Steven Wilson/Porcupine Tree discs, maybe an unplugged dvd....

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
I'm just curious what others would pick. I would watch the Eagles Hell Freezes Over DVD.
That's an excellent choice for music, with the video to distract the eye while you watch.
There's a lot to like there. If you want to have better quality video to watch (the Hell Freezes over Video has some distinct issues: that's why its never been redone to Blu-ray) take the Eagles australian tour Blu-ray. Much of the same music but better quality video to look at. You can really get some great listening on either.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Ummm what are some favorite artists? I usually start with music. Something I know and love. Then after some music, blow the house up with some movie time! Midway is fresh in my mind and has an exemplary Atmos track. So does hacksaw ridge and sooooo many others.
I go right for the music. My personal favorites. They might be crap to anyone else including the OP, but, new stuff I always start with my tunes. I know exactly what they should sound like. The hallmark of a true audio upgrade or a great new audio system is when they sound better than you remember or you hear something new that makes you sit back and go "wow".

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Dark Knight

Fury

Hacksaw Ridge

The Equalizer 2014

Pacific Rim

Terminator 2

Black Hawk Down

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
That's an excellent choice for music, with the video to distract the eye while you watch.
There's a lot to like there. If you want to have better quality video to watch (the Hell Freezes over Video has some distinct issues: that's why its never been redone to Blu-ray) take the Eagles australian tour Blu-ray. Much of the same music but better quality video to look at. You can really get some great listening on either.
Yes indeed. I have the Melbourne concert. It is excellent

I go right for the music. My personal favorites. They might be crap to anyone else including the OP, but, new stuff I always start with my tunes. I know exactly what they should sound like. The hallmark of a true audio upgrade or a great new audio system is when they sound better than you remember or you hear something new that makes you sit back and go "wow".
Hey man, you like what ya like!
I’ve been due for an upgrade for awhile now but see if this sounds familiar. K. I. D. S. Lol. Anything I could do now would be mostly lateral, so I just make sure the system is tuned as good as I can get it. I’ll have my turn.
But I do know what you mean. When you get a new shiny, and it lets you hear your favorite stuff in a new way. Mmmmm

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Fury

Terminator 2

Black Hawk Down
These three are longstanding ass-kickers for home theater demo stuff.
T2 has been at the top of the list for so long it should be moved in to its own category. It goes along with the 5th Element: a king of home theater demos.

Fury is often over looked because its fairly new and most people watched it just to see Brad Pitt. But the tank battle sequences are perhaps the best ever filmed and the sound is gut wrenching. One of my favorite WWII films.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
These three are longstanding ass-kickers for home theater demo stuff.
T2 has been at the top of the list for so long it should be moved in to its own category. It goes along with the 5th Element: a king of home theater demos.

Fury is often over looked because its fairly new and most people watched it just to see Brad Pitt. But the tank battle sequences are perhaps the best ever filmed and the sound is gut wrenching. One of my favorite WWII films.
Fury is super good. You need to to try Midway. And hacksaw ridge. I mean if you haven’t of course.

jgstudios

jgstudios

Audioholic Intern
I'll add Blade Runner 2049 movie and sound track, Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon, Genesis - Trick of the Tail, Billy Cobham - Spectrum, Jeff Beck - Wired, Sibelius - Symphony #2, and one more... Gong - Gazeuse (just to throw a curve ball in there and for Holdsworth fans).

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Music: Nine Inch Nails, Type O Negative, Tool, Alice in Chains unplugged

Concert Blu-rays/Movies: Nine Inch Nails, Tron Legacy, Ready Player One, Avatar

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'm still only 2 yrs removed from a total system rebuild. Initially I played the same thumb drive of music that I used at all my demo sessions.

It had female vocals, male vocals, jazz, a little bass heavy R&B, a few classic rock songs. Then I moved on to spinning...one album I do remember playing (CD actually)...DSOTM, and my very 1st Multi-cha SACd I played quite often was Dire Straits, Brothers In Arms

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis