J

jkh4q

Enthusiast
Hey guys, I am new here and looking for some input on a first HT setup. Specifically, I am looking into buying a 5.1 setup with left and right towers, center channel, a couple bookshelfs for the back, and a sub. I have done some research and I think I am leaning towards some ELAC Debut 2.0 F6.2 towers for the left and right channels. I also looked into the Fluance HFFs, Dayton T652-AIRs, Klipsch RP-5000Fs, and a few Polks but they don't seem to have quite the positive reviews the ELACs do. If I am completely off-base on the towers, please let me know.

If I do end up going with the ELAC towers, does it make most sense to go with their center and bookshelfs too? Does anyone have experience with a full set of those? If so, do you recommend the 6 or 5s for those channels? It seems when sold as a full set, they are typically sold as all 6s, but would you not get a more balanced sound with some 5s thrown in the mix?

Besides those questions, I am also looking for some input on the sub I choose. Again, I think the ELAC 3010 would meet my needs, but would like some input on that front. I would like a sealed sub most importantly, but they seem less common than ported. The reason for this is I have some bass guitars that I typically run through my computer and into my sound system and I am partial to they way they sound through a (usually 10 inch) sealed box. If anyone knows a better option than the ELAC that meets that criteria, I would be most appreciative for your input.

I plan on running all of this through a yamaha rx-v5875 receiver at this point. If there is any other information that I could provide that would help to make this an easier choice, let me know and I would be glad to do so.

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
I hate recommending speakers because they all have a different sound. And what one prefers usually the next guy prefers something else. Even if you have to take a road trip, go and listen to some for yourself. It will very beneficial for you in the end.
As far as subs, theres a lot of deals going on right now, which i think you could get 10 different recommendations over that Elac model. Look into, Rythmik, HSU, PSA etc. Also RSL 10s might fit your needs.

J

jkh4q

Enthusiast
That makes sense. I will end up having to take a trip to go listen to some since I don't have a crutchfield or best buy near me anymore (Our best buy closed early on in the pandemic. Who would've thought?). Regardless, I appreciate the sub recommendations.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis