Fiona Apple Talks New Album, Finally.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Thoughts on the new release? If you haven’t heard it? Its on YouTube entirely. I will wait for the CD release.

Audiosaur

Audiosaur

Audioholic
I listened through the album on Spotify this week. I like Fiona's voice but this collection of songs doesn't suit my taste. Others may like it but I think she relied too much on discordant synthesizer effects. There were no inspiring riffs.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I listened through the album on Spotify this week. I like Fiona's voice but this collection of songs doesn't suit my taste. Others may like it but I think she relied too much on discordant synthesizer effects. There were no inspiring riffs.
It’s more of a percussions album, which is kinda different. It’s growing on me. I like it more than the last album. It’s a little closer to the sound on When The Pawn which is my favorite album by her.
Elle interview:

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
New to me. Fiona at the Chris Cornell tribute concert last year. Full concert on YouTube, but unfortunately not pro shot. Still decent footage

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
New to me. Fiona at the Chris Cornell tribute concert last year. Full concert on YouTube, but unfortunately not pro shot. Still decent footage
Temple of the Dog?!? I have that cd! It's one of my favorites, tho I haven't listened to it in a long time. I love that album and always wished they would have done a couple more but it was only a one off.

Chris Cornell screaming his guts out to an odd time signature with some unique percussion.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Temple of the Dog?!? I have that cd! It's one of my favorites, tho I haven't listened to it in a long time. I love that album and always wished they would have done a couple more but it was only a one off.

Chris Cornell screaming his guts out to an odd time signature with some unique percussion.
Agreed. It’s also imo why Matt Cameron is better in Soundgarden than Pearl Jam. As you know, I enjoy some odd times too. And for whatever reason to me, PJ isn’t the same with Matt. Dave Kruzen is a much better fit. To me...(daughter? Lol)

Also, CC was originally the drummer of Soundgarden, and has said, he writes music differently when writing for Matt.
Ok. Useless trivia over. Lol

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Great. Now, for some reason, I just wanna hear Fiona cover Jesus Christ Pose.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord

Studio Chris Cornel was great, but for some reason his live vocals were not great. Maybe it was due to his habits. I really like his audioslave stuff. Great tight band.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Great. Now, for some reason, I just wanna hear Fiona cover Jesus Christ Pose.
Just for effect:

This is what got me into Soundgarden back in the day... probably the 'hardest' thing in my library at the time.

Of course, that was before I was going to sleep listening to Pendercki's St. Luke Passion. (Any orchestral heads wanna take that challenge?! I Double Dog Dare your @sses to sit down and listen to that all the way through in one sitting! :p Talk about "hard!")

I'm just gonna set this down here and let any of you explore if you would like. :)

Last edited:
John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
@afterlife2 Pitchfork just named "Fetch the Bolt Cutters": their album of the year!
Are you surprised? I'm not. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis