Finding dual subwoofer output?

P

Polish023

Junior Audioholic
Hi I have a Yamaha 3050 adventage receiver I’m using REW spl for basic leveling for my subs. My receiver has separate inputs for my subs so I can only listen to one at a time. How can I find the combined output of both subs? Is there a scale somewhere I could put my dB measurements in and it will tell me what the combined output would be? Also maybe REW has something that could tell me?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Hi I have a Yamaha 3050 adventage receiver I’m using REW spl for basic leveling for my subs. My receiver has separate inputs for my subs so I can only listen to one at a time. How can I find the combined output of both subs? Is there a scale somewhere I could put my dB measurements in and it will tell me what the combined output would be? Also maybe REW has something that could tell me?
I’m confused. Those are outputs on the AVR. I think the 3050 can deal with them semi independently but I’m not sure. I don’t know what you mean “listen to one at a time”.
Even if the output is the same from BOTH rca terminals you can just turn off one sub at a time and measure independently and then together. Sorry, I don’t get the question...

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Think he means pink noise tone generates from sub1 and sub2 independently. That’s how my 2060 is so 3050 would be the same way.

If you want tone at the same time then temporarily using a RCA Y cable on sub1 output would allow both subs on same test tone. But the Yamaha has 2 outputs so you can adjust the subs separately so probably a good idea to take advantage of that rather that using a Y splitter.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Also I mentioned before that the pink noise tone for the sub on Yamaha sounds maybe weaker than it should. I think if you level match you will find it will be too high. :)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Think he means pink noise tone generates from sub1 and sub2 independently. That’s how my 2060 is so 3050 would be the same way.

If you want tone at the same time then temporarily using a RCA Y cable on sub1 output would allow both subs on same test tone. But the Yamaha has 2 outputs so you can adjust the subs separately so probably a good idea to take advantage of that rather that using a Y splitter.
Interesting. My Marantz has dual independent outs. You can set each individually, and then together as well. I’d have to think the Yamaha could too. No? He could also tell it that he only has one sub, and just turn one off at a time. Maybe.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Interesting. My Marantz has dual independent outs. You can set each individually, and then together as well. I’d have to think the Yamaha could too. No? He could also tell it that he only has one sub, and just turn one off at a time. Maybe.
Ya not sure. I just have the one Rythmik sub setup in the den. (Dual HSU in living room)

P

Polish023

Junior Audioholic
The 3050 has two individual inputs for dual subs so you don’t need a y splitter. When you run the test tones you can adjust one at a time. I just wanted to know how to find both subs dB output combined so I could match them to my speakers.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
The 3050 has two individual inputs for dual subs so you don’t need a y splitter. When you run the test tones you can adjust one at a time. I just wanted to know how to find both subs dB output combined so I could match them to my speakers.
Those are OUTPUTS.
So you can run one at a time, but not together?

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
They aren’t split though on 3050. They are independent so to run same tone to both you might need to rig a y splitter on sub1 output to both subs temporarily. Sorry if that’s confusing. :)

Just run the tones separately is what most would do. :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Does it matter on the Yamaha how you have the subs set for L/R, F/B or 2xmonoaural as to test tones being individual/simultaneous? Nothing addressed combined test tones that I saw in the manual. Otherwise I think the idea of running them with a splitter off one output might give you the easiest way of combined output measurement....

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Does it matter on the Yamaha how you have the subs set for L/R, F/B or 2xmonoaural as to test tones being individual/simultaneous? Nothing addressed combined test tones that I saw in the manual. Otherwise I think the idea of running them with a splitter off one output might give you the easiest way of combined output measurement....
Thinking 2x mono is the setting mentioned by most to use. But I only have one sub in my den so not sure if 2 tones generate at the same time.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis