K

kiwiaudionut

Audioholic
After 5 years of procrastination, my theater is almost complete. Of course now all the audio equipment is out of date as I've had it a long time, but it still sounds great.
Please excuse my picture quality - I cannot seem to figure out how to take decent pictures inside the room as the large white screen seems to dominate and everything else darkens - Any tips out there ?

Most Equipment on this list is located in a media closet outside the theater room:
Outlaw Audio 755 5 channel amp
Outlaw Audio ICBM bass management
Outlaw Audio 950 Processor
Adcom GFA555II amp - rear surrounds
Behringer EP4000 amp / ART cleanbox pro - subwoofers
Marantz CD63SE player
Technics Linear drive turntable
Toshiba Bluray (until my Oppo arrives )
Newpoint Theater Director Surge protector
Adcom ACE515 AC enhancer
Epson 8700UB Projector
Seymour XD screen in a home made frame
Gik acoustic treatment panels - more to come
Homemade main speakers using Madisound brainpower. 190lbs each !
Madisound high end Kit speakers for center, surround, rear surround.
Xantech IR repeater system
TEAC receiver (t/table phono loop and second zone)
Sony CD changer - second zone
Carver C9 holographic processor - second zone
Musical fidelity X10D - second zone
Adcom GFS6 - speaker selector

I'm still working on subwoofer configuration and will cover the bottom of the screen frame with speaker cloth when finalized. Many more GIK panels in my future also.

Attachments

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Looking good, man. I'd probably get some fabric covers for the couches :D

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I cannot seem to figure out how to take decent pictures inside the room as the large white screen seems to dominate and everything else darkens - Any tips out there ?
I checked your images, but looks like the EXIF info has been striped, so I don't know for sure what camera you are using, but I get the feeling it's a somesort of camera-phone....
First I'd try to clean the lens from smudges, dust and try possibly a better camera app....

but , what you really need is a better camera and possibly a tripod since you'd be shooting without flash in darker room = longer exposure times

p.s: Besided Photo quality - the theater looks great - Good job!

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
looks good. but the mains are placed pretty far out :eek:

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
dont be fooled into thinking that just because your gear may not be the "newest, greatest" on the block that it cant hold its own. thats the great thing about audio. if it sounded great yesterday, is taken care of today then it will for sure sound good tommorrow! its not a hobby like computers or gaming where every few years, months even weeks something can become obsolete. yes audio is ever improving but from the looks of it you have a system that can hold up with some of the best!...well at least some of the goodest :)

looks like a fun room bro!
enjoy!!

K

kiwiaudionut

Audioholic
Hey, when we bought those couches, they were hip ! But I agree, they need to go !

Actually, it is a Canon powershot, not a phone. I know it is capable of this, it is I who is not !! I'll try the long exposure without flash and see what develops -tada !

I spent about a week placing my main speakers and the priority was actually stereo soundstage over surround, so thats why they are out there. My interest in music is as strong as theater, so a compromise had to happen. After bumping the center up to compensate, the surround is still good. I just wish I'd made three of those mains, but back when i made em, that never entered my mind.

Attachments

Last edited:
A

asma123

Audiophyte
lol some leather couches would look sweet in this living room

M

maddynator

Enthusiast
Sweet... I would love to watch a movie there........

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Thanks for taking time to share some photos of your system with us.

Gotta love projection.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Nice! I need to build a riser like you have for my back seats.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis