Finally coming together

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
They're 18" sealed. Ported would have been wayyy too big. They need like 12 cuft or more, I forget the exact number, to perform even remotely ok ported.
Ah, it must have been when you were considering the ported!
I just remembered thinking "12 cuft?! That specification belongs to a refrigerator!"

DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
Like the wood work .. Do you have a biscuit joiner ?? Best tool I have in my shop .. Quick and strong joints and less waste … Love the open back for proper air flow …

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Decided to run a little test with the War of the Worlds scene. At the main LP this is what I got at 0.0 on the Marantz

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Like the wood work .. Do you have a biscuit joiner ?? Best tool I have in my shop .. Quick and strong joints and less waste … Love the open back for proper air flow …
Oh wow, sorry I never say this. Yes, I have one. I don't use it as much as I thought I would when I bought it. I just find that there's too much play to really lock things into place when using it. I've been eyeing a festool domino because I think that would accomplish my goals better. who knows.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Oh wow, sorry I never say this. Yes, I have one. I don't use it as much as I thought I would when I bought it. I just find that there's too much play to really lock things into place when using it. I've been eyeing a festool domino because I think that would accomplish my goals better. who knows.
I have a kreg jig and love it, fairly easy to line up and a lot more versatile than I though it would be. Very strong joints.

Had a biscuit joiner but seemed harder and harder to find biscuits that fit well, thickness or width, and had a lot of play when clamping. Could have user error as well lol

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I have a kreg jig and love it, fairly easy to line up and a lot more versatile than I though it would be. Very strong joints.

Had a biscuit joiner but seemed harder and harder to find biscuits that fit well, thickness or width, and had a lot of play when clamping. Could have user error as well lol
You mean pocket hole joints? I use those as well in cabinets I make. The domino makes joinery a breeze when building large cabinets because the panels fit right together, and then the screws almost eliminate the need for clamps!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord

It has been awhile, but I think I used to microwave my biscuits for about 30 seconds at a time this will drive/steam out the moisture and shrink the biscuit if they are too swollen to fit in the slot.
If you microwave them for too long and the moisture is out of them, you run the risk of catching them on fire.
This come from some who lives in the humid southeast US, so swollen biscuits may not be a thing if you live in the desert!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
You mean pocket hole joints? I use those as well in cabinets I make. The domino makes joinery a breeze when building large cabinets because the panels fit right together, and then the screws almost eliminate the need for clamps!
Not pocket hole joint:

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I'm not aware of a Kreg jig for biscuits.
AFAIK, Kreg is all about screwing!
It is not a hidden joinery like biscuits or the quasi-tenons of festool (unless you consider plugging the sunken screw holes "hidden")!

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I'm not aware of a Kreg jig for biscuits.
AFAIK, Kreg is all about screwing!
It is not a hidden joinery like biscuits or the quasi-tenons of festool (unless you consider plugging the sunken screw holes "hidden")!

DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic

Home depot and lowes has then buy the jar full. and once you glue the biscuits up they swell up .. I use it all the time . doing a 7'' MTM box now Maybe I will post some pictures soon

DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
I have the ceiling in my shop full of pipe clamps Love pipe clamps . I have the Kreg kit and I stiil like biscuits over Screws any day
]

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I have the ceiling in my shop full of pipe clamps Love pipe clamps . I have the Kreg kit and I stiil like biscuits over Screws any day
]
Using the Domino tenons for cabinetry allows me to fit and glue all the panels together with ease. But I do route a channel in all of the sides for the bottom to fit in to, so a clamp still gets used to keep the sides pinched.

Then the back hides all of the screws used on the side panels - which means I only used one clamp instead of four!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
With that new Outlaw amp, the HT room is back at full power. I gave a buddy of mine a demo and he was blown away. Feels good to have the room back rocking and rolling. Now if only I could talk the woman into letting me get a bigger TV for that room.............................

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Hey Fuzz what ya been up to? Any new projects? you’ve been quiet for over a year.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Just working. I'm in year 3 of my current job and my house and I've been doing most of the work on it myself, so I built a back deck, front porch and some furniture for it. The tool collection has vastly grown, but I've made more cutting boards, charcuterie boards, coffee tables, end tables, dining room tables, and signs than speakers in the last three years.

So there have been a ton of projects, including getting into laser engraving and then out of laser engraving and now into CNC machining (quite recently), but no speaker projects.

However, once my new computer arrives and because I'm almost caught up on some other things I was doing, I'm finally getting around to working on a pair of speakers that I've had the parts for. I think it should be much easier to complete them now that I have the CNC capabilities, but we'll see.

And now to spam you with pics

I can't remember if I actually ever posted this anywhere here.

Hey Fuzz what ya been up to? Any new projects? you’ve been quiet for over a year.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis