Finally coming together

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Hopefully you 'splurged' and laid 3 layers of 8mil plastic sheathing between all ground contacting cement?
I thought 1 layer of 6 mil might be all it took but I don't think they did that ... plus spraying for subterranean termites ... yeah, maybe not.

YAA, if you use mineral wool, you don't need a vapor barrier. The paper is a vapor barrier but you might not need it / want it in the floor joists. Paper up if anything.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I thought 1 layer of 6 mil might be all it took but I don't think they did that ... plus spraying for subterranean termites ... yeah, maybe not.

YAA, if you use mineral wool, you don't need a vapor barrier. The paper is a vapor barrier but you might not need it / want it in the floor joists. Paper up if anything.
What about Radon?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Hopefully you 'splurged' and laid 3 layers of 8mil plastic sheathing between all ground contacting cement?
I didn't, but I believe the guy who poured the basement floor did. The walls of the basement are different and they got set directly on top of the stone, but they are Superior Walls and come in prefab pieces with some special chemcials mixed into the concrete.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Just picked up an 8802A and looking into a new sub amp. Will also be adding some more surround speakers for Atmos/DTSX/Auro3D. Gonna try a “scaled back” HT in a spare bedroom. Bedroom is only 12x8.5 ish so it’ll be a tight fit. Until I’m able to move the JVC projector (if at all) I’ll have to deal with a smaller screen than I would like. Since this isn’t a permanent HT I won’t be running the speaker wires in the walls, but there is a small walk in closet that I’ll be able to route everything. The biggest issue is the subwoofers. I’m going to have to rebuild the LMS Ultra subs into a dual opposed to save space and I have no idea how I’m fitting the 21” subs in there, but they will be in there in some capacity even if I have to mount them in the ceiling. Lots of work and still don’t have a concrete plan, but at least there’s a rough idea.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Tweeters for the Phil 2’s are arriving today. Sick as a dog, but I think I’ll muster up the energy to install them and get things moved around. Will be good to have everything back where it’s supposed to be.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
New coffee table and the Phils restored to their rightful place after a little tweeter repair. Thanks to Dennis for the repair under warranty even though the Phil's are a little long in the tooth.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I'll post some pics of the height channels a little later, but here's the VOG in ceiling

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Alright so the room is tiny and I had zero desire to go fishing wires through the walls for a temporary setup. Temporary might be misleading because I doubt I'll get around to finishing the basement for a few years since I'm getting significant pressure to get a front porch on the house first.

I will note that I'm going to clean up the wires over spring break or maybe summer. A new sub project might consumer spring break which would push wire cleanup to the summer.

Anyways, here it is in all it's messy glory. Functionally it works perty good.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Alright so the room is tiny and I had zero desire to go fishing wires through the walls for a temporary setup. Temporary might be misleading because I doubt I'll get around to finishing the basement for a few years since I'm getting significant pressure to get a front porch on the house first.

I will note that I'm going to clean up the wires over spring break or maybe summer. A new sub project might consumer spring break which would push wire cleanup to the summer.

Yeah, you sound like me - entirely too many projects going on at once. Although it looks like your resolve is a bit better than mine!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Lol, Idk about that. I’m ADD with my projects. I was working on my speaker in the basement and saw that I could run a 30 amp line to the HT Room closet and a new project ensued. Then we were getting sewage smell upstairs because there was no P trap on the washer drain. Then I was walking up and down stairs all the time emptying the dehumidifier plus no water for glue cleanup so a sink install started. I need to stop noticing things :rolleyes:

Yeah, you sound like me - entirely too many projects going on at once. Although it looks like your resolve is a bit better than mine!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord

What are your room dimensions?
You might have TLSGuy beat for highest volumetric ratio of gear/room!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
What are your room dimensions?
You might have TLSGuy beat for highest volumetric ratio of gear/room!
IIRC that room is like 12.5’ x 9’. No idea what the closet is.

Lol just wait until after spring break when I add another sub or two.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis