Finally coming together

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
looking great but all those pics and not one of the pup? Is he still the little ball of fun?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
There is a lot to be said for having the Quality Control and efficiencies of a manufacturing facility behind your home construction!
The number of decisions made at the level of the guy swinging the hammer in normal on-site construction is pretty high. Some of these guys are experienced and make good calls and others just make sure it looks good enough to not draw attention.
In a good manufacturing facility, the flow of materials and quality checkpoints prevents the individual craftsman from being confronted with having to "improvise".
I have a friend who worked in one of these facilities and later became a contractor. He said he would choose a modular pre-manufactured home (not sure I am using the right terms) like you did for his own home if he ever decided to stop flipping homes.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
looking great but all those pics and not one of the pup? Is he still the little ball of fun?
Lola is still insane. She has also discovered the joy of laser pointers and now sits next to the table with the laser pointer and holds one paw up until I pick it up. We go outside at night and she'll chase it for an hour or two around the yard.

Now we have GF's dog with us too. Gizmo

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Very nice Fuzz! Congratulations!

I know a drywall guy that lives in Rhode Island. Once he gets in the basement be prepared for screams of, " I put the f@%$ing lotion on already!"
Yea, I'll have to have him come out and put him to work. I just need him to leave his box of anal beads at home.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Awesome. She has gotten big (at least for a cattle dog). Also good to hear you have a new lady in your life and I am not referring to Gizmo.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
There is a lot to be said for having the Quality Control and efficiencies of a manufacturing facility behind your home construction!
The number of decisions made at the level of the guy swinging the hammer in normal on-site construction is pretty high. Some of these guys are experienced and make good calls and others just make sure it looks good enough to not draw attention.
In a good manufacturing facility, the flow of materials and quality checkpoints prevents the individual craftsman from being confronted with having to "improvise".
I have a friend who worked in one of these facilities and later became a contractor. He said he would choose a modular pre-manufactured home (not sure I am using the right terms) like you did for his own home if he ever decided to stop flipping homes.
I agree. I am completely satisfied with the company we used and would go with them again in a heartbeat. We brought them a floor plan that wasn't one of their standard floor plans and they worked with us on it. Plus they include little things like crown molding in the price. Overall quality of the home is awesome as well.

IMO modular are the way to go if you can find a floorplan you're happy with. I know 4 guys who are doing the same thing and going through the company I went through after seeing mine.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Awesome. She has gotten big (at least for a cattle dog). Also good to hear you have a new lady in your life and I am not referring to Gizmo.
Haha yea, she's a brick of a puppy.

Yup, she's a good one. Loves to give kisses, but seems to fart a lot. I guess the GF is alright too :D

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Looks beautiful!

One thing a lot of people don't realize about prefab home construction is how well built they are. They have to survive the rigors of transport so stud walls are nailed AND glued. Look at how well the insulating panels are setup on yours, that structure would probably get a very high SEER rating.

Now whats the plan for the HT?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Looks beautiful!

One thing a lot of people don't realize about prefab home construction is how well built they are. They have to survive the rigors of transport so stud walls are nailed AND glued. Look at how well the insulating panels are setup on yours, that structure would probably get a very high SEER rating.

Now whats the plan for the HT?
Thanks, yea with the cold streak we've had up here in the northeast the house has really been put to the test early on. It's performed awesomely and has really shown how well made the house is and will be even better when the basement is fully insulated.

Right now the HT will be a small affair in a spare bedroom. Nothing crazy. The end goal is the basement and getting rid of the lally columns to create a big open space. Probably a false wall in front of the electric panel so I can make a huge fixed screen and have free access to wiring and everything behind the false wall. Should be decent sized. The basement is around 26' wide and I plan on making the space at least 26-28' long. Maybe 30'. Which will still leave me with a pretty good sized unfinished space and enough room for a good sized bathroom down there. Possibly a full bath. Big plans for far far into the future :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Just to be a bother I'll point out that the faced batts should probably be paper up if used in the floor joists. Mineral wool in the walls is good though. What cold snap? -5? Spring is right around the corner.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Just to be a bother I'll point out that the faced batts should probably be paper up if used in the floor joists. Mineral wool in the walls is good though. What cold snap? -5? Spring is right around the corner.
I was actually thinking of doing a vapor barrier and then more rockwool for the floor joists. Thoughts?

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I was actually thinking of doing a vapor barrier and then more rockwool for the floor joists. Thoughts?
Hopefully you 'splurged' and laid 3 layers of 8mil plastic sheathing between all ground contacting cement?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis