Finally coming together

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Personally, I'm shocked that they didn't release that in 7.1. The sounds of the fruit falling out of the trees alone warranted it.

:D
I actually like running multi-channel direct from the oppo, I think the front soundstage sounds better than running it through the Onkyo. However I don't think the oppo up mixes so I'm kinda stuck with a less than ideal front soundstage, but killer surround.

Pearl Harbor is one of those movies that definitely makes it worth it though. Like you said the surround in that movie definitely warranted it.

A flash light, a blanket, a can of what appears to be wd-40 and a box of goldfish. I'm not sure what's going on here, but I think we found our newest member of the boring thread(I'm sure you've figured out that boring is actually a verb in the context)

In all seriousness I like the speaker design. I may use a tall box for my surrounds when I do my surrounds project. :D
Currently on that desk are my computer, two monitors, Emp-tek E41-B's, a NAS, external hard drives, an outlaw 970, SMSL amp, M-Audio Fast Track C600, Expo Markers, gun clips, assorted rounds, nail clippers, post it notes, an ice pack for my shoulder, Logitech speakers, WD-40, compressed air, lighter fluid, my Zippo, even more goldfish, electrical tape, a hammer, and a small dog.

As for the surrounds, see below.

Those are Walter's surround surrounds. I thought you meant his rear surrounds. Rick said he liked those a lot. It's an omni polar design ... or bi polar?
Just for lsiberian's, I'll add in that they're not just tall bi-polar surrounds (although I'm not sure that they're truly bi-polar). What's an omni-polar speaker again? Here you tell me. They have a bi-polar design like the source tech RC-2/3/4, but there's also an extra tweeter on the top of the cabinet and a outward firing woofer (8" I think) on each tower.

Speaking of the LS 26's. I was thinking of getting a pair and putting them on the wall behind that the TV is on for front height channels. Although Walter is going to want these towers back at some point. Guess I should plan on replacing those first.

22.2? I only see one sub? Hmm not going to be very balanced
Well the picture is 22.1, but throwing a second sub in there shouldn't be a problem :D

Now with Dolby Atmos it's going to be something like 64.X I think.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Holy crap on a cracker. Just got word that the carbon fiber cones on my sub can finally get picked up, which means assembly and shipment finally have a light at the end of the tunnel. Pickup should happen Monday or Tuesday and hopefully shipping by the end of the week.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Cool, man. I can't wait to see your new toy.

Wait - not that one! Well, okay, maybe...

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
I can't be the only one who read that printed out email, can I? This new piece of gear is room correction for a stereo set up?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I can't be the only one who read that printed out email, can I? This new piece of gear is room correction for a stereo set up?
Nope this is not what I was talking about at all. This is just something I picked up because I found a good deal on one. It's amazing all the things this can do.

Calling it RC for a stereo setup is selling it short :p :D

If you're interested, this link shows all the ways it can be implemented into a system.

DSPeaker-Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core connection examples

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I'll list the features below, but it can be used as a DAC/pre-amp, RC for 2.0 (I think it can do 2.1 and 2.2, but I'm not totally sure), can EQ between 1-4 sub woofers. It's audyssey on crack and fully customizable, but limited to 2 channel where speakers are concerned, but can do up to 4 subwoofers (with no speakers).

New, improved Anti-Mode 2.0 automatic room correction algorithm
Can be used as a locally clocked high quality jitter-free DAC

Supports USB audio as well as S/PDIF input/output via optical toslink

Dual balanced ADCs to deliver the highest level of audio performance that meets the expectations of most demanding audiophiles

Dual per channel balanced DACs with jitter free operation (local crystal), oversampling to 6144 kHz, DSP buffering and filtering.

Can be used as a high quality pre-amp with remote volume control

Analog resistor network volume controller to ensure full digital precision

Extensive sound customization options, including quick house curve design tool, linear-phase full spectrum tilt, several parametric EQs etc

Supports several sound profiles (e.g. independent ”sweet spots” and/or equalizer settings), quickly switchable with the remote controller

Friendly graphical user interface, very easy to set-up and operate

Ability to measure and display room responses on a built-in 262k-color TFT display

”Pure digital” mode using S/PDIF input & output: signal is processed in the digital domain all the way (S/PDIF output resolution is independent from input)

Digital signals are re-aligned for jitter-free operation

Versatile connectivity: insert Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core between your existing pre-amp and power amplifier or powered speakers or utilize the processor loop or tape loop of your integrated amplifier (or use it as a standalone DAC / preamp!)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
New Toys

Rear:

Angled Rear:

Grills On:

Grills Off:

Side:

Front:

Looks like a waveguide on the tweeter:

Wool Carbon Woofer:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Nice speakers.

Now, for why I really posted. :D Is your girlfriend taller than you?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Agreed!

That's because she's hunched over and he's standing up straight. Darn social expectations - driving people to try to conform. :p
That's not them. YAA is from some Sumo culture. 6'8" and 450 lbs.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Agreed!

That's because she's hunched over and he's standing up straight. Darn social expectations - driving people to try to conform. :p
Hahahaha it took me forever to figure out where this line of questioning was coming from. I finally get it. :eek:

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
That's not them. YAA is from some Sumo culture. 6'8" and 450 lbs.
What can I say, eat to live and I live to eat :D

The dogs are my mom's, but I have them as much or more than she does. Plus they like hanging out with me better. I doubt it has anything to do with me giving them treats all the time.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Just some preliminary listening impressions of the Source Technology RC-4's and the rear surrounds that I currently have in my system. From a purely subjective standpoint these rear surrounds are truly awesome. I don't have then setup correctly right now, as they are in more of a side surround position, but so far I'm extremely impressed. They handle all the power you can throw at them and will launch wave after wave of surround bliss at you. After watching a movie with great surround detail, I find myself sorely dissappointed at anything that doesn't have as much surround material.

Saving Private Ryan: The Opening Scene

This was amazing. As the ships were motoring towards the shore, there's a big wave of sound that comes from the surround backs and the side surrounds as a ship heaves in the waves. With the four source speakers it fills like there is an actual wave coming over top of your head and engulfing you. I found myself bobbing up and down in my seat as if I was in the boat. As the scene progresses and the gunfire commences, you may find yourself ducking as bullets whiz from behind you, over top of you, and from in front going all the way back. The sound field is completely enveloping and it leaves the display feeling smaller than it ever has. With such a big front soundstage and such an enveloping surround experience the screen suddenly feels like it's 20" instead of 46".

Pear Harbor: Attack Scene

Planes flying overhead, coming from the left and right. Gunfire coming from every which way, people yelling and screaming, explosions, and a myriad of other surround details all pelting your eardrums at the same time. It's like you're standing on a battleship during the attack.

Real Steel: Assorted Robot Fight Scenes

Crowds cheering, sound panning from side to side, the thump of punches, falling, and footsteps. These surrounds definitely bridge the gap between the front sound stage and the rear surrounds much better than the old JBL's, whose sound was very localized.

Right now I'm watching scenes from Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows and it kicks some serious a$$. Gotta go.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis