Finally! Airlines do not have to accommodate emotional support animals

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
The DOT has finally come to its senses, and ruled that emotional support animals are not service animals, so airlines can ban them. As a former frequent flyer, who will probably be one again, emotional support animals can be a bane of flying, especially if you are unfortunate enough to have no choice but to fly Southwest Airlines. (Southwest does not have assigned seating, and boards people with animals first regardless of their ticket standing, so on many flights the best rows are polluted by the emotional support animal crowd.) This is perhaps the only instance I'm going to miss the Trump administration. But why did it take four years?

Last edited:
T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
You better start offering helpful posts in some of the actual audio threads for every post you put up in one of these bullshit threads.:p

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
You better start offering helpful posts in some of the actual audio threads for every post you put up in one of these bullshit threads.:p
Then what, pray tell, are you doing here? Anyway, the audio threads usually bore me. The same old discussions over and over and over again. The search function would answer the large majority of them. Getting rid of emotional support animals is a cause for celebration. The 16th question about how to use REW or the 100th thread about whether ported subwoofers are less musical than sealed subwoofers is not.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
You know I'll follow you wherever you go.;) Make those p#$sies with those animals go by boat or car with their parents since they are probably the ones who f#%ked them up in the first place. What do I care, I still can't get HDMI-CEC to work after a f#%kin' decade.:mad:

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
The DOT has finally come to its senses, and ruled that emotional support animals are not service animals, so airlines can ban them. As a former frequent flyer, who will probably be one again, emotional support animals can be a bane of flying, especially if you are unfortunate enough to have no choice but to fly Southwest Airlines. (Southwest does not have assigned seating, and boards people with animals first regardless of their ticket standing, so on many flights the best rows are polluted by the emotional support animal crowd.) This is perhaps the only instance I'm going to miss the Trump administration. But why did it take four years?

If people stuck with small dogs, it might not have been an issue. But nooo, some needed to push the boundaries and insist that they couldn't fly without their peacocks, lizards or farm animals.:rolleyes:

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
That is actually funny. :)
I wish it was. The ESA rules were abused by people who didn't want their pets in the cargo hold (understandable, but inexcusable) or people who didn't want to pay the fees and abide by the normal pet-in-the-cabin rules. Several times I had to sit next to someone with a large dog (like a golden retriever) which laid on the floor the entire flight, leaving me no legroom. On one Alaska flight a woman had a ferret, she just held it on her lap, and it stared at me like I looked tasty.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I wish it was. The ESA rules were abused by people who didn't want their pets in the cargo hold (understandable, but inexcusable) or people who didn't want to pay the fees and abide by the normal pet-in-the-cabin rules. Several times I had to sit next to someone with a large dog (like a golden retriever) which laid on the floor the entire flight, leaving me no legroom. On one Alaska flight a woman had a ferret, she just held it on her lap, and it stared at me like I looked tasty.
So do ferrets actually eat dwarves? :)
I don't understand why anyone would want a ferret for a pet but that's just me. I'll take small dog anytime.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
it's about time Irv, I agree !

Back in the hey day of my 'frequent' flying , decade of the 80's, I was on an Eastern Airlines(remember them) flight out of Boston. It was destined to San Juan, PR with a stop in Philly where I got off. People we boarding the plane with chickens !!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Never encountered such when I flew but it's been years, hate commercial flying for the most part, and this would just be added to the list of reasons. Was funny reading about some of the critters folk would haul on a plane, tho.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Then what, pray tell, are you doing here? Anyway, the audio threads usually bore me. The same old discussions over and over and over again. The search function would answer the large majority of them. Getting rid of emotional support animals is a cause for celebration. The 16th question about how to use REW or the 100th thread about whether ported subwoofers are less musical than sealed subwoofers is not.
What's the best system I could buy for $1000? ;)

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Amen! That's the very reason I don't get into talking specs up, did enough of that in my careers. This a hobby! it's Supposed! to be fun! Have some fun Dammit! lol

Last edited:
T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
What’s more fun than antagonizing Irv? While they are at it, put all the babies and fat f#%ks in the cargo hold as well. Be nice to have some peace and quiet and a f#%kin’ armrest.:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis