Finally – good looking speaker stands AND a fair price!!

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
This has been bothering me for a long time. I always stated in these forums my eyes are as sensitive as my ears and I can't buy ugly no matter how functional it may be.

I was looking for speaker stands for years and years and would only cringe at all those single, double, triple (any number) of ugly metal pipes welded between two metal sheets (B&W rectangular pipes are just the same to me).

Not only do I like these (and I very much do), not only are they, in fact cheaper than all those ugly pipes, they are CUSTOM and I can tailor them to my speakers!!!
1595760741761.png

1595760774980.jpeg

1595760919833.jpeg

1595761102795.jpeg

Oh, and guys, let it rup, hold nothing back. I like'em so much, I won't mind. These are the ones.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I get a pair for a price of a single stupid chunk of metal like this.
1595761250406.jpeg

What I plan to tailor is to have the upper metal part slightly smaller than the speaker, so you won't see it at a first glance. It will look like they sit directly on wood. And I will probably push that metal part backwards to align it with the front face of the wooden beam.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This has been bothering me for a long time. I always stated in these forums my eyes are as sensitive as my ears and I can't buy ugly no matter how functional it may be.

I was looking for speaker stands for years and years and would only cringe at all those single, double, triple (any number) of ugly metal pipes welded between two metal sheets (B&W rectangular pipes are just the same to me).

Not only do I like these (and I very much do), not only are they, in fact cheaper than all those ugly pipes, they are CUSTOM and I can tailor them to my speakers!!!
View attachment 38242
View attachment 38243

View attachment 38247
View attachment 38248

Oh, and guys, let it rup, hold nothing back. I like'em so much, I won't mind. These are the ones.
And yes, those are very nice too. Custom you say? So I'm assuming local to you or is this something you can customize and order online?

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I've been using plant stands for years. No shortage of affordable and nice-looking choices.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
Some of these are really cute. Not all of them look sturdy enough, but I guess you can find some. My friend bought a bar stool from IKEA and he uses them. Works fine.
1595775813649.png

And yes, those are very nice too. Custom you say? So I'm assuming local to you or is this something you can customize and order online?
Hey, Pogre! I really like them and consider them long term solution. They're not local, I'm contacting the guy through ads and asking him to do slight improvements. He is making the wooden beam himself, so I'm also thinking of asking him to cut a lead for the cable into them.

Check this: these are the ones I initially liked:
1595776109914.png

They sell for 1500$ and the ones I'm going for are 150$ (!!!!). I can't tell you how happy I am. They're also heavy enough. The metal sheets are 5mm and the beam is solid wood. When I put my little LS50s on those stands it'll be visual poetry.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Hansome looking stand dozzer, I agree. I love the three legged arrangement for ease of leveling.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
What a great alternative! I'd never have thought to search plant stands to use for speakers!
The only problem is that many speakers are no longer "squarish" but more "rectangularish" with much depth. It may be a challenge finding plant stands for speakers like that.

Regards,
Wayne

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Thing is, LS50s really have a big magnet (relative to size). I don't know have you seen those monsters (I opened mine so I saw them and held them, they are bigger than the cone). This makes the speaker forward heavy and this is why I said I'd push the metal plate back so that the baffle rests directly over the front spike.

I know this would theoretically add to baffle, but having them fall nose first is more of a concern.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Is there a product name or a link to go along with all that praise you are heaping on them?

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Is there a product name or a link to go along with all that praise you are heaping on them?
Nooo... These are hand made. No name, no brand. A guy in Bosnia makes them by order.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Placed an order!! How sweeeeet is this gonna be... And I've asked him to cut the upper metal sheet to be smaller than the actual speaker's footprint, so it won't be visible.

Now I just wish I took that course in pyrography so that I can write "KEF LS50 40th Anniversary Model" at the bottom of the wooden pillar.

I'll post some pics when they arrive.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Very nice! I really do not like the look of speaker stands and it is rare to have purpose-designed one that is in the least bit attractive. I've always liked Solid Steel's offering but they are way too expensive:
1595959726836.png

The ones you are having made look similar to the Q Acoustics ones (which are excellent!) but with a larger top plate:
1595960001095.png

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Very nice! I really do not like the look of speaker stands and it is rare to have purpose-designed one that is in the least bit attractive. I've always liked Solid Steel's offering but they are way too expensive:

The ones you are having made look similar to the Q Acoustics ones (which are excellent!) but with a larger top plate:
We agree on both subjects. I was thinking how my model resembles this QAcoustics. But the design is the one maker does. I also like SolidSteel and have been lurking on Italian ads for a long time to see if someone will sell secondhand (they're made in Italy), but the price is always too high.

But I love how mine look. Few details I'd add, but it's hard to communicate all of that over ads messenger, so let's just leave them looking good as they are. I feel I could easily sell these if I need to. It's walnut wood.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
The only problem is that many speakers are no longer "squarish" but more "rectangularish" with much depth. It may be a challenge finding plant stands for speakers like that.

Regards,
Wayne
Agreed. That's why my favorite stands were Bose designed for 901s. I never had the 901s but my cubed Allison 6 speakers sure looked impressive mounted on those stands back in the day.
BTW I do like the looks of those stands killdozzer. :)

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Nooo... These are hand made. No name, no brand. A guy in Bosnia makes them by order.
So... How do we get in touch with him? I can't believe there's nothing he is using to advertise them since they look so nice.
I certainly could use one every now and then for a REALLY low center speaker stand since those are impossible to get for front projection setups. I occasionally need one about 6" tall, and angled slightly to get a center channel under a projection screen.

Would be great to have some contact info.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Nice of you to ask, but from what I gather, you're in US. The guy is in Bosnia. All budgets would be overstepped. But I'm not sitting on it; this is where I found him:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis