Status
Not open for further replies.
Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Kind of like looting and rioting making people see that as a good path..... Shouting racial slurs is part of the problem and the looting/rioting is a reaction to it. This could go on forever.

People need to stop being so damned over-reactive and try to think about how to solve these problems constructively.
Have any problems ever been solved constructively? It seems like all human progress is built upon the blood of other humans.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Have any problems ever been solved constructively? It seems like all human progress is built upon the blood of other humans.
Some people know how to compromise. Yeah, I know- some see that as a sign of weakness.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Keeping to the nautical theme:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Keeping to the nautical theme:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Classic, old but still hilarious.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Moscow Mitch begs to differ.

Compromise is what he calls his mother-in-law behind her back.
He's another one who needs to leave. Don't care where he goes, but he needs to leave.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I am simply amazed that Bob Woodward was able to speak with Trump, on-the-record, mainly by telephone, while recording the conversation. On 18 occasions, from Dec 2019 to June 2020! Trump called Woodward sometimes!! And in those calls, Trump openly admitted he was lying to the US public about the corona virus epidemic!!!

I can only conclude that Trump believes his own lies over true facts. So much so, that he openly admits to his lying.

Bob Woodward has an amazing talent in calmly disarming the people he interviews. He got Trump to openly speak his mind, with the full knowledge that he was talking on-the-record to a reporter of the Washington Post. Woodward has clearly missed a lucrative career opportunity as a telemarketer selling aluminum siding or extended automobile warranties.

Imagine Tricky D!ck Nixon calling Bob Woodward on the phone to talk about his complicity in Watergate, playing the Smoking Gun conversation from the White House Tapes while Woodward listened.

I am stunned and amazed o_O.

Last edited:
Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
I am simply amazed that Bob Woodward was able to speak with Trump, on-the-record, mainly by telephone, while recording the conversation. On 18 occasions, from Dec 2019 to June 2020! Trump called Woodward sometimes!! And in those calls, Trump openly admitted he was lying to the US public about the corona virus epidemic!!!

I can only conclude that Trump believes his own lies over true facts. So much, that he openly admits to his lying.

Bob Woodward has an amazing talent in calmly disarming the people he interviews. He got Trump to openly speak his mind, with the full knowledge that he was talking on-the-record to a reporter of the Washington Post. Woodward has clearly missed a lucrative career opportunity as a telemarketer selling aluminum siding or extended automobile warranties.

Imagine Tricky D!ck Nixon calling Bob Woodward on the phone to talk about his complicity in Watergate, playing the Smoking Gun conversation from the White House Tapes while Woodward listened.

I am stunned and amazed o_O.
Not really. He also interviewed him for his 2018 book "Fear", as he noted in the 'sources' appendix at the end of the book. Good read btw.

Trump plays the double-game as well as any life-long politician. Outsider my a$$.

Politics has become entertainment/content and who better to run the 3 ring circus (executive, judiciary, legislature) than the 'reality TV' king himself.

Statecraft? Surely you jest. That left the day he was elected president. Thank you electoral college! :mad:

The Romans were no fools. All the masses want is bread & circuses.

And we handed it to him on a silver platter, courtesy of the media (print & TV) & the internet social media (Facebook, et all), who supposedly are performing a 'public service' :D :D :D while raking in the profits.

I find it hilarious ... I'm gonna die from laughing ... that all these books are now being released by former 'hoodlums' of his administration, chronicling all his crimes & misdemeanors. Where were they during his impeachment trial?

Covering their a$$, that's where, or cashing in.

And not a peep to be heard overall by the 'grand old party' ... well, they got the 'old' part right ... the Republicans, who enable this $hit, while Democrats flop about.

Last edited:
T

trochetier

Audioholic
From the article you linked:

"President Donald Trump admitted he knew weeks before the first confirmed US coronavirus death that the virus was dangerous, airborne, highly contagious and "more deadly than even your strenuous flus," and that he repeatedly played it down publicly, according to legendary journalist Bob Woodward in his new book "Rage." "​

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
His name is apt for a tRumpkin. I say it was a color by number from tRumps new self published coloring book. He has to have something to keep him busy on Air Force 1.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
From the article you linked:

"President Donald Trump admitted he knew weeks before the first confirmed US coronavirus death that the virus was dangerous, airborne, highly contagious and "more deadly than even your strenuous flus," and that he repeatedly played it down publicly, according to legendary journalist Bob Woodward in his new book "Rage." "​
Not a Trump fan at all but Biden also said back then not to overreact. And way back then even Dr Fauci was saying we don't need to wear masks. The difference was the later way in which the pandemic was handled IMHO.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Not a Trump fan at all but Biden also said back then not to overreact. And way back then even Dr Fauci was saying we don't need to wear masks. The difference was the later way in which the pandemic was handled IMHO.
That's the thing though. Telling folks not to overreact is 100% the right thing to do. Especially when everyone is already buying all the toilet paper in sight.

Fauci told people not to wear masks because he didn't want the supply to be depleted for the medical staff that needed them, but people keep sighting that as "misinformation" when it wasn't (I'm not insinuating you are doing that at all, just clarifying).

The difference is when Trump says "I didn't want to cause a panic" I believe him. BUT he didn't really change his narrative and sort of mocked those that said it was a big deal. That's what screwed things up (which I think is what your last sentence refers to). So, Trump telling people on the inside how deadly and terrible it is while refusing to say that to the public is a big deal. Lots of people don't believe this virus is a thing because of that.

There's a time to "not cause a panic" and a time to "make sure the public understands that this isn't something to be take lightly" and that "it's a huge deal and we all need to come together to make sure people are safe". Had he done that, we would be in so much better of a position, but guys like him don't want to change their mind or seem like they listen to people because it makes them "look weak". News flash, it doesn't. It makes you look like a sensible person that listens to people that know more than you about this stuff and helps you save lives.

People should be livid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis