Favorite non A/V related Youtube channel?

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
Ok, I have several degrees from Youtube University but I'm running out of content. Some of my favorites are anything wood working and I recently discovered hand tool refurbishing.

Some of my favorites are;

Scoutcrafter
projectfarm
paulsellers
rexkrueger

There are more but lets here some of everyone else's guilty pleasures.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Having only two AV related channels on my subscription list (AH and Andrew Robinson but don't use either very much), and generally only recently have I even been spending much time on youtube, certainly have no degree :). I do have a few woodworking ones I probably need to spend more time on (my favorite by name at least is Stumpy Nubs), but I think I use these the most

Mark Rober
The Slo Mo Guys (& Slo Mo Guys 2)
SmarterEveryDay
(love slo mo stuff, but don't want to buy a good camera for it)
Adam Savage's Tested
LOL Network
Food Network
Alton Brown
The History Guy

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
Having only two AV related channels on my subscription list (AH and Andrew Robinson but don't use either very much), and generally only recently have I even been spending much time on youtube, certainly have no degree :). I do have a few woodworking ones I probably need to spend more time on (my favorite by name at least is Stumpy Nubs), but I think I use these the most

Mark Rober
The Slo Mo Guys (& Slo Mo Guys 2)
SmarterEveryDay
(love slo mo stuff, but don't want to buy a good camera for it)
Adam Savage's Tested
LOL Network
Food Network
Alton Brown
The History Guy
i really like Stumpy nubs as well, there are so many of them. I used to watch Jay Bates but he doesnt do much on YT these days.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Hot Ones. Celebs eating increasingly spicy wings while getting interviewed by someone doing the same.
Joe Rogan. Say what you will, he asks good questions.

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
I'll have to check out some of these!

I have watched Joe Rogan on occasion and I do like his interviews.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah I've been watching a few of Joe's interviews now as well as some of the Hot Ones. Both are pretty good interviewers....

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Primitive Technology
Make sure to enable subtitles/CC as the explanations are there, the guy doesn't talk. ever.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah I've been watching a few of Joe's interviews now as well as some of the Hot Ones. Both are pretty good interviewers....
The best part of hot ones is when the wings get hotter, some of the people who's public persona is entirely fake start to start being real. It can be quite hilarious.

Then the other side is how surprisingly normal some of the really big stars are.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The best part of hot ones is when the wings get hotter, some of the people who's public persona is entirely fake start to start being real. It can be quite hilarious.

Then the other side is how surprisingly normal some of the really big stars are.
Or guys like Alton Brown just make it look so easy....

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I don’t watch a heck of a lot of YouTube and only have one subscription. It’s Rick Beato and definitely music related lol.
I do watch mountain bike vids with my kid once in awhile or wakeboard boat reviews. Other random stuff but the thing that drives me nuts. Is if I watch ONE stupid video about something random like doing a combover or making a peanut butter man or something, that’s ALL that comes up. I know why, but it’s frustrating. Not as much as it is for my wife though. Every time I search for subs and speakers and stuff, my wife gets ads for it on HER phone!!! Lmao.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
A forum full of geeks and no one has yet to mention Doug Demuro??????

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
A forum full of geeks and no one has yet to mention Doug Demuro??????
I like some of the cars he gets to play with but find his personality/voice grating.....

ps but realize I left Jay Leno's Garage off the list....enjoy those a lot.

Also as far as omissions have watched another good interview type show in Kevin Nealon's Hiking with Kevin.....

Last edited:
TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I like some of the cars he gets to play with but find his personality/voice grating.....

ps but realize I left Jay Leno's Garage off the list....enjoy those a lot.

Also as far as omissions have watched another good interview type show in Kevin Nealon's Hiking with Kevin.....
See I find Jay a bit obnoxious, but at least he and Doug came together to swoon over the McLaren F1!!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Well, I have more than one. I actually only sub to maybe 1 or 2 A/V related channels.

JRE Podcast
SciShow Space
PBS Eons
Fermilab
PBS Spacetime
Minute Physics
Physics Girl
Kurtzgesagt
Hot Ones
Comics Explained
DopeSpill Comics
HISHE (How It Should Have Ended- hilarious)
Screen Rant (only for Pitch Meetings)
Bad Guy Inc (Chael Sonnen, MMA)
UFC
The Weasel
MMA On Point
GracieBreakdown
Tommy Toe Hold
The Critical Drinker
Joe Scott
John Michael Godier
Event Horizon
Frazer Cain

I know that's a lot, but I have more. Ever since I cut the cord YT became my main source of having something on tv if we're not watching a movie, show or listening to music. JRE and the science and physics related channels are my favorites. Kurtzgesagt and PBS Spacetime are really well made imo.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well, I have more than one. I actually only sub to maybe 1 or 2 A/V related channels.

JRE Podcast
SciShow Space
PBS Eons
Fermilab
PBS Spacetime
Minute Physics
Physics Girl
Kurtzgesagt
Hot Ones
Comics Explained
DopeSpill Comics
HISHE (How It Should Have Ended- hilarious)
Screen Rant (only for Pitch Meetings)
Bad Guy Inc (Chael Sonnen, MMA)
UFC
The Weasel
MMA On Point
GracieBreakdown
Tommy Toe Hold
The Critical Drinker
Joe Scott
John Michael Godier
Event Horizon
Frazer Cain

I know that's a lot, but I have more. Ever since I cut the cord YT became my main source of having something on tv if we're not watching a movie, show or listening to music. JRE and the science and physics related channels are my favorites. Kurtzgesagt and PBS Spacetime are really well made imo.
I think it's primarily because of some of your youtube recos in the past that when I cut the cord I also started doing more of the youtube thing. I think my first bunch of visits to youtube were to poorly made/amateurish (or just plain annoying) videos before that....I've found quite a bit of good well done videos/channels since, altho sometimes the personalities still don't do it for me....but seems there's usually a few choices within a given subject....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I think it's primarily because of some of your youtube recos in the past that when I cut the cord I also started doing more of the youtube thing. I think my first bunch of visits to youtube were to poorly made/amateurish (or just plain annoying) videos before that....I've found quite a bit of good well done videos/channels since, altho sometimes the personalities still don't do it for me....but seems there's usually a few choices within a given subject....
It's come a long way since the early days. Some channels have production values on par with with network tv shows now. For a lot of them it's their sole source of income so it's in their best interests to produce the best content they can.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis