Favorite Movie Line?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I guess many of us have a favorite movie line. My most recent one would be when Robert DeNeiro says several times in the movie Righteous Kill, "Most respect the badge-EVERYONE respects the gun". This has just stuck with me. So, what is yours? ;);)

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Desperado: "But you had to do it the hard way."

My guess for Alex? "Ma! The meatloaf! F---!" :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Desperado: "But you had to do it the hard way."

My guess for Alex? "Ma! The meatloaf! F---!" :D
That's my favorite funny line. I actually forgot about it and couldn't wait to get to the end of the sentence. :)

I was thinking of a line from the movie Way of the Gun.
Something to the effect of 'Shut that ---- up before I come over there and ---- start her head!' :D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
It's kind of a big line, but it's still my personal favorite.

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.
SheepStar

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
How often does the train go by?
So often that you won't even notice it.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything (Fight Club, 1999)

I've seen horrors... horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that... but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror. Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies. (Apocalypse Now, 1979)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Wow, thanks guys for sharing. Was hoping this thread would get some responses. Anyways, I have a couple more for you:

1. "Why so serious?" and I am sure we all know what movie this one is from. ;);)

2. " I'm the dude that is playing the dude that is disguised as another dude". This one is from Tropic Thunder starring Robert Downey Jr.

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Hey, Phil - how about a hint? I have no idea. Thanks.
LOL.........Adam looks like Dave beat me to it! :p:p But, since I am posting why not mention another one eh? Really don't remember which Ace Ventura movie it was, but I remember Jim Carey saying to the black man squatting down holding a spear, " Pardon me sir, but your balls are showing". That was very funny imho. ;);)

Cheers,

Phil

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks, Dave. I've never seen that movie, although I will when it comes out on DVD. I would have Googled it, but I figured that would be a common quote. My bad. :eek:

M

mudrummer99

Senior Audioholic
It's kind of a big line, but it's still my personal favorite.

SheepStar
That's one of my favorite movies of the last few years. Definitely a quality flick. As for my favorite line I'm gonna have to go with Johnny Depp's line from Once Upon a Time In Mexico
Sands (Depp)- "Mmmmm. You must try this. It is a slow roasted pork, nothing fancy just happens to be my favorite. And everywhere i go, i order this with a tequila and lime. And this is is by far the best it has been. Anywhere. In fact it is too good. In fact it is so good that after i finish eating, i'm going to walk straight into the kitchen and shoot the cook. because that is what i do. I restore the balance to this country. And i would expect the same from you my friend."
El- "you want me to shoot the cook?"
Sands- "no i'll shoot the cook, my car's parked out back anyways."

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
1. "Why so serious?" and I am sure we all know what movie this one is from. ;);)

Phil
Yes, I wonder where that one comes from :D

"I'm your Huckleberry. That's just my game."

Tombstone

Here is one of my absolute favorites:
Now you will receive us.
We do not ask for your poor, or your hungry.
We do not want your tired and sick.
It is your corrupt we claim.
It is your evil that will be sought by us.
With every breath we shall hunt them down.
Each day, we will spill their blood till it rains down from the skies.
Do not kill, do not rape, do not steal, these are principles which every man of every faith can embrace.
These are not polite suggestions, these are codes of behavior and those of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost.
There are varying degrees of evil, we urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the bounds and cross over, into true corruption, into our domain.
For if you do, one day you will look behind you and you will see we And on that day, you will reap it.
And we will send you to whatever god you wish.
And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patri.
Et Fili.
Spiritus Sancti.
Boondock Saints.

If you hold back anything, I'll kill ya. If you bend the truth, or I think you're bending the truth, I'll kill ya. If you forget anything, I'll kill ya. In fact, you're gonna have to work very hard to stay alive Nick. Now, do you understand everything I've just said? Cause' if you don't, I'll kill ya! Now, Mr Bubble and Squeak, you may enlighten me.
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yes, I wonder where that one comes from :D

Tombstone

Here is one of my absolute favorites:

Boondock Saints.

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.
Very interesting John. There is just a lot of good movies out there with a lot of good lines. With that being said, here is another one of my favs:
"Go ahead.......make my day" I am sure you know who said that one and what movie it is. ;);) Thanks go out to all of you for sharing. It is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Phil

itschris

itschris

"You had me at 'hello'. You... had me at 'hello'

From one of my favorite movies... The Prophecy. This was conversation between Gabriel and Lucifer:

Gabriel: This war is mine!

Lucifer: Your war is arrogance. That makes it evil. And that's mine.

Gabriel: Lucifer. Sitting in your basement. Sulking about your breakup with the boss. You're nothing.

Lucifer: Time to come home, Gabriel.

itschris

itschris

... btw... before someone starts sending me ecards and candy, the first quote from Jerry Meguire was a joke!!!!!!!!!!:D

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
Best FINAL line in movie history

is from "Some Like It Hot", but I won't ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Although the final line from "Eyes Wide Shut" gives it some competition.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Man, too many to just pick one. But one that immediately pops up is...

"Listen up you primitive screwheads! This, is my BOOMSTICK!!!"

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
You gunna skin that Smoke Wagon, ru just gunna stand there and bleed ?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis