Favorite Holiday Movie

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
So folks, do you have a favorite Holiday movie? If yes, which one and why?

Mine favorite is "Love Actually." Great cast, including Hugh Grant, Emma Thompson, Alan Rickman, Liam Neeson, Bill Nighy, Laura Linney, Colin Firth etc. This British-based film features nine intertwined stories that examine the complexities of the one emotion that connects us all: love. If you liked "Notting Hill" you'll really like this one.

Haven't seen it yet? Check out "Love Actually" on Netflix.

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
A Christmas story

Can't go wrong. Reminds me of childhood.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

S

Spdmn256

Junior Audioholic
Love Actually is my wife’s favorite movie so we always watch it once or twice each year around this time. It is a great cast and story. I also love National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Scrooged with Bill Murray is my favorite.

Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase is one of my other favorites.

I also like Just Friends with Anna Faris a lot even though it is cheesy. :)

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
This is more just adding to the list - 'Home for the Holidays'

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
That said, apparently Batman Returns is a Christmas movie... So I put my vote with Tim Burton!

one more time

one more time

Junior Audioholic
Netflix has a new movie, "The Christmas Christmas Chronicles" which is surprisingly satisfying.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Of the many versions of A Christmas Carol, my favorite is the 1951 version with Alastair Sim. I liked most of the others, with George C Scott, Bill Murray, and even Scrooge McDuck, but no one has topped Sim's performance as Scrooge, and no one has captured the character arc so well from cranky penny-pinching miser to manically cheerful. He is as convincing as a dead spirited crank as he is when cracked up at the end too. Sim is one of the great English actors of yesteryear, and he usually steals every movie he is in. For those unlucky enough to have missed this great adaptation, Dailymotion stream it free online here with reasonably good picture quality, so check it out.

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
The Holiday
just a very well done romantic comedy set during Christmas time

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Watched a few today. White Christmas and It's a Wonderful Life...used to watch those with my mom a long time ago this time of year. Scrooged. Office Christmas Party is in the queue for later. Lazy day :)

M

Moreirao61

Audiophyte
Hey! Even I want to watch this movie. I have heard a lot about it. As soon as I finish watching shows by Andy Yeatman online, I will watch this movie with my husband. I don’t like to leave anything in between. Therefore, I am going to enjoy one thing completely before I start with anything new.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis