Father and Son Successfully Send iPhone Into Space

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
I love my dad. But he never helped me send an iPhone into outer space. I got gypped. Time magazine published one of the coolest amateur science experiments we've ever heard of. A father-and-son team, and others from the “Brooklyn Space Program,†launched a weather balloon into the stratosphere along with an HD video camera that captured virtually the entire flight. The team placed some hand-warmers inside a specially built insulated capsule that held the camera and an iPhone, which, through its GPS capabilities, allowed the team to track it down once it landed.

Discuss "Father and Son Successfully Send iPhone Into Space" here. Read the article.

D

davecraze

Audiophyte
"To everyone's amazement, the camera landed just 30 miles away after flying over 90,000 miles straight up into near-outer space and enduring 100 mph winds before bursting its balloon and sailing home with a parachute."

Perhaps you meant 90,000 feet straight up, not 90,000 miles straight up. 90,000 miles would have been about halfway to the moon from earth.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis