E

Eric

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I'm thinking of installing some forced ventilation in an audio tower and am looking at some Radio Shack fans.  

RS Fans

Has anyone used any of these? If so how quite are they?

Thanks!</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>Using one over my DSP-AZ1 and they are pretty quite if you position them properly and use rubber damping feet. They are very reliable as I have seen them do some real long haul 24 hours duty.</font>

E

Eric

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I was thinking of mouting them to the rear of the rack so they would suck cold air through the rack and across the AVR. Do you have a P/N of your fan?</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>Hi Eric,

What is a P/N? Excuse my ignorance. Putting it in the rear isa good idea too but I prefer putting it over the transformer, which is the only part under duress in a HT amp.</font>

<font color='#008080'>If an 80mm fan is what you are looking for, I'd recommend a Vantec Stealth or Panasonic Panaflo. They have double ball bearings so they are nice and quiet.

Radio shack is probably not going to be nearly as good.

Check out Directron.com for other suggestions.

[Edit: You may also want to check this SVC page.</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>hawke is correct about the Panaflo from Panasonic. They are pricey but very good, whisper quiet and higher CFM than Radio Shack.</font>

E

Eric

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>That's exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks guys. &nbsp;
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
hawke : <font color='#000000'>$7 is expensive?    
</font>
<font color='#0000FF'>You're lucky there in the US, out here they are more expensive than the Rat Shack fans, they usually go for $28 each.</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis