lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Saw a part of a preview but didn't catch the start date, thanks!

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
There are some good early signs (Walton Goggins specifically gets a strong thumbs up from me). Still, I am somewhat hesitant based on the long and varied history of failed video game adaptations to TV/Movie adaptations.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The writers seem decent. One of the writers wrote 6 episodes for Game of Thrones season 8. :D

Other writers have writing credits for Silicone Valley and The Office.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
The writers seem decent. One of the writers wrote 6 episodes for Game of Thrones season 8. :D

Other writers have writing credits for Silicone Valley and The Office.
Geneva Robertson-Dworet is also listed as a writer, and her previous writing credits include Captain Marvel (2019) and Tomb Raider (2018)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
IIRC, the showrunners are same as did GOT for HBO/Max, not just . Even though I tired of GOT, it was a well produced show that kept excitement high and was always fun to look at.
Oh boy another atomic wasteland "movie/TV series" :D
If not familiar with them, the Fallout franchise is among the most successful franchises in gaming. I was never a fan of shooters, but watching my brother-in-law play F3 many years ago I decided to give it a shot. The concept really throws the post-apocalyptic universe on its head with a lot of tongue-in-cheek humor and a retro-futuristic vibe heavily rooted in a '50-60's bubblegum vibe. The Soundtrack is all old music like Bing Crosby and Andrew Sisters which lends a strong twist to the overall feel since a lot of it is from the '40's. Wrap that in a near-modern-futuristic version of the military component with Airships and Mechanized Body Armor, flying robots (that also had domestic housekeeper or medical versions) and unique weaponry (like a Junk Cannon which can turn any item of junk one finds in the world, like a teddy bear, into a lethal projectile).
Needless to say, shenanigans ensue... to the extent that most gamers are eagerly awaiting the next version of the game which is probably still another 2-3yrs out!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Geneva Robertson-Dworet is also listed as a writer, and her previous writing credits include Captain Marvel (2019) and Tomb Raider (2018)
Is that good? :D

At least none of them wrote The Marvels or Wonder Woman 1984. :D

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
IIRC, the showrunners are same as did GOT for HBO/Max, not just . Even though I tired of GOT, it was a well produced show that kept excitement high and was always fun to look at.

If not familiar with them, the Fallout franchise is among the most successful franchises in gaming. I was never a fan of shooters, but watching my brother-in-law play F3 many years ago I decided to give it a shot. The concept really throws the post-apocalyptic universe on its head with a lot of tongue-in-cheek humor and a retro-futuristic vibe heavily rooted in a '50-60's bubblegum vibe. The Soundtrack is all old music like Bing Crosby and Andrew Sisters which lends a strong twist to the overall feel since a lot of it is from the '40's. Wrap that in a near-modern-futuristic version of the military component with Airships and Mechanized Body Armor, flying robots (that also had domestic housekeeper or medical versions) and unique weaponry (like a Junk Cannon which can turn any item of junk one finds in the world, like a teddy bear, into a lethal projectile).
Needless to say, shenanigans ensue... to the extent that most gamers are eagerly awaiting the next version of the game which is probably still another 2-3yrs out!
Hope its better than the Doom franchise and its horrid movie attempt.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Hope its better than the Doom franchise and its horrid movie attempt.
That's a pretty high bar you set...
For a Limbo competition! :p

The art in Fallout will be making it just bad enough. That's the nature of campiness, though. ;)

No... Bad but good, was Obliterated on Netflix. It really was a horrible show, but it was a fun ride. I don't think Amazon is playing that game and they won't just put abject cr@p out. *fingers crossed

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
2 Episodes in. Super solid and very true to the game vibe, which is the only way to make this successful, frankly.

Looking forward to more!

Tankini

Tankini

Full Audioholic
2 Episodes in. Super solid and very true to the game vibe, which is the only way to make this successful, frankly.

Looking forward to more!
Although I haven't played the game I've watched my oldest son who loves it and has played it. He has that Lil figurine dude that holds his thumb up sitting on one of his entertainment system selfs. He's 45 years old, He's had that lil figurine for years. I always wondered why the little dude was holding his tumble up, I know now. I never thought to ask him.
I've already watched the whole series excellent, really good soundtrack. The Johnny Cash songs in surround sound pretty awesome. Plus has some nice subwoofer candy.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I played all the Fallout Games except four and I didn't know what the thumbs up was for. Not sure if it was ever explained until this series.

It's funny, Dark and wow it really stays true to the game is style and substance. Not perfect, but much better than I expected from a video game adapatation. I am five episodes in, and enjoying it.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I know nothing about the game, but I binged it in one session. You could say I liked it :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I just finished watching Fallout S01. Loved it.

I love the character development of Lucy, Maximus, and others. Looking forward to S02.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis