Fable II Hype and Anticipation Thread

J

jamie2112

Banned
Those srceen shots look really cool I will be checking out this game for sure..Thanks Minus

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
There's a serious shortage of western RPGs so I am hoping it is good. I thought the first Fable didn't live up to the hype. It was entertaining enough for one play through but after that, I had no interest. I much prefer the Elder Scrolls and KOTOR games plus Mass Effect and Jade Empire. I played the hell out of all those.

Jim

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
There's a serious shortage of western RPGs so I am hoping it is good. I thought the first Fable didn't live up to the hype. It was entertaining enough for one play through but after that, I had no interest. I much prefer the Elder Scrolls and KOTOR games plus Mass Effect and Jade Empire. I played the hell out of all those.

Jim
The problem with Fable for the xbox 360 was that the game was way to short for an RPG. I think that is the biggest knock on the game. If they can get the game to be a minimum of the length of Mass Effect (taken into account the side missions) I will be very happy. I found that Fable delivered, it was the quantity that was lacking not the quality, I felt somewhat empty after beating it and wanted more and more (but there is only so much you can do after you beat it).

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
Looks like a giant acid trip.:eek:

I'm in.:p

...anyone played Dead Space? That game looks pretty cool. I remember someone mentioning they were going to pick it up..

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
Bah. Peter Molyneaux is the king of creating hype and not living up to it.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I guess we will find out soon enough if it lives up to the hype.

I haven't been all hot and bothered for a new release since last November when Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed came out. I liked both of them but Mass Effect had more staying power.

I had high hopes for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. I'm glad I waited for some reviews. I might buy it when I can get it used for < $20 but there's no way I'll pay $60 for it new.

Jim

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I guess we will find out soon enough if it lives up to the hype.

I haven't been all hot and bothered for a new release since last November when Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed came out. I liked both of them but Mass Effect had more staying power.

I had high hopes for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. I'm glad I waited for some reviews. I might buy it when I can get it used for < $20 but there's no way I'll pay $60 for it new.

Jim
I liked Mass Effect way more than Assassin's Creed. AC was one of the more dissapointing games I have played this gen. Way to repettitive for me.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Totally agree... although the graphics and sound were incredibly cool.
The graphics and sound were amazing, but hearing the same citizens quotes " ......or else they would have made off with me" got extremely annoying. I think they had only 3 different responses and you had to save the citizens hundreds and hundreds of times through out the course of the game:eek:

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
The graphics and sound were amazing, but hearing the same citizens quotes " ......or else they would have made off with me" got extremely annoying. I think they had only 3 different responses and you had to save the citizens hundreds and hundreds of times through out the course of the game:eek:

My friend picked it up and we couldn't stop laughing because the main character has an American accent. We were like "seriously?!" :D

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I had to laugh at the Zero Punctuation review of AC. I agree with everything he ripped on but I still liked the game. What did it for me was the leap of faith. I found myself feeling acrophobic even though I'm not in real life.

Jim

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis