Explain something to me....

3beanlimit

Junior Audioholic
If..........you wear long pants, then why in the world does it make any difference what color your socks are? Please....no "what if you have to go to the emergency room" stuff...because if that happens...I know for a fact I'm not going to care anyway and really, are you?

I guess it's a good thing that you can get socks that are all white....

Yes......I'm married..

*discuss*

HookedOnSound

HookedOnSound

Full Audioholic
Whoa! this is weird, I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone!

I could have sworn that I have read a similar post like this in the past on this forum.

Time to up my medication!

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
good point.. in the same line... how can you sell a woman pants that are way too short and she automatically believes it's a fashion statement ?

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
My question is who says that a bunch of 50 lb 6 foot tall bolemic Amazons wearing a shower curtain designed by an East German named Gustav is fashion?

I say wear socks with sandal, stick it to the man, buck the system, fight the machine etc and al.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Whatever you do, don't mix black pants with blue socks, or blue pants with brown socks, or brown pants with beige socks. Whoops, brown goes with beige. Don't drink liquor after beer. That's the ticket.

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
3beanlimit said:
If..........you wear long pants, then why in the world does it make any difference what color your socks are? Please....no "what if you have to go to the emergency room" stuff...because if that happens...I know for a fact I'm not going to care anyway and really, are you?

Yes......I'm married..

*discuss*
You do it because you are married, and if you don't, you won't get no fringe benefits of being married.

3beanlimit

Junior Audioholic
sjdgpt said:
You do it because you are married, and if you don't, you won't get no fringe benefits of being married.
Oh thanks....

Now I feel so dirty...

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

My wife tells me I look like a dork with crew length socks. She says I need to wear ankel high when I wear shorts. I never knew socks were such a big deal. :eek:

saurabh

saurabh

Audioholic
Gentlemen....its all about etiquette.....why do you need a spoon/ fork when you can eat with your hands.....just like the kings did..........???

algernon

algernon

Audioholic
You don't have to be concerned with matching socks if you simply don't wear them at all.

zipper

zipper

Full Audioholic
Sophistication.....................& there's a "geek factor" involved.

Easier to conform & make the wife happy. After all, it's just socks right? Could be remembered when that next upgrade is discussed. ;)

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
I'm so hopless my girlfriend practically dresses me. She picks out my socks, tells me what goes with what, and buys my hair products for me. We have an understanding. I will put gell in my hair if it is on my shelf in the bathroom. I will not buy gell and I will not remember to use it without prompting. If I had my way I'd shave my head in order to cut back the effort it takes to do my hair. Efficiency people, it's where it's at. The way I look at this is, I'm the man, I bring home the cheddar baby, so I should be allowed to get a haircut when I want. But like everyone says, we do it to keep them happy so that they'll keep us happy.

B

bobman1235

Audioholic Intern
Dude, stand next to a full length mirror some time with Khakis, black socks, and white running shoes. Even though you only see an inch or less of sock, it's enough to make you look like a bafoon. Or throw on a dark suit with white sport socks. Especially noticable if you sit down.

Why match your clothes at all? Why not just wear an old burlap sack, or an oak barrel with suspenders? You either want to look presentable and nice, or you don't care. If you don't care, then wear whatever crazy socks you wanna wear. But no matter what, they ARE visible at some point, and you DO look like a moron.

I have a related theory... There is no such thing as black... only VERY dark shades of blue... Some of my "blue" stuff is so dark it might as well be black.

RJB

RJB

Audioholic
Lets face it, women are here to make our lives difficult or at least, in their opinion, to make us more colourful...

I like the basic blue look myself but "she who must be obeyed" tells me that I'm afraid of colour. Not the case at all, so long as it's blue... ;)

It's all just one of the great joys in life, what makes men men & women women...and you know what? I wouldn't have it any other way! :D

Remember...behind every great man is an astonished woman! :eek:

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
Of course not..

Buckeyefan 1 said:
Don't drink liquor after beer.
...drink the liquor first...use the beer as a chaser...

jimHJJ(...now THAT'S the ticket...)

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
Well...

3beanlimit said:

Yes......I'm married..

*discuss*
White socks DO have place...in your workboots and with a pair of sneakers and dungarees they're OK...

To simplify matters, go to El Waldo, get yerself a pair of blue, gray and brown one's...and you're good to go...black is optional IMHO...I like argyles when appropriate...really freaks some people out...

Ain't no "metrosexual" but I do have a certain self-respect in my appearance...you really do only get one chance to make a first impression...I even enjoy the occasional jacket and tie...after a number of years with a ponytail, I've opted for a near-crew cut, none of that hair gel and cr@p like that for me...have you seen some of the stuff they're tryin' to convince men to use...what do they think we are...women?

jimHJJ(...witch hazel and bay rhum is plenty thank you...)

Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
Buckeyefan 1 said:
Don't drink liquor after beer. QUOTE]

Just remember,

"Beer before Liquor, Never sicker"​

"Liquor before Beer, Never fear"​

I swear buy it!

Shinerman

M

Mort Corey

Senior Audioholic
All my socks are white, but all my shoes are boots, so it works out easy.

Mort

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
If causal dress, white is OK.

In other situations sock colour should match shoe colour. If you do not have the proper colour sock to match shoe, then make sure you have socks that match your pants (but this is on advisable in a bind). If your socks don't match your shoes or your pants, call in sick and go buy some that do.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis