EXPERT OPINION NEEDED FOR HI FI WIRING IN NEW CONCRETE HOME!

M

maxxzaxx

Audiophyte
Hi Guys, I am from India and my new house is halfway under construction, I have few questions to ask and if any one there have some advice please do so!....

CONDITIONS:

1. My house is made of concrete and I have to run the wires embedded in the concrete walls with pvc pipes.

2. I want to isolate all AV Equipment in a rack in another room (most probably with my home server and nas). I will be having a multi room audio video system (wired) and not necessary surround but in the living room I will setup full 7.1 system.

3. All wires such as speaker wires, HDMI wires, Cat 6, etc will originate from that equipment room.

QUESTIONS:

1. Do I need to have separate PVC conduits for electrical and audio video or can pull it together in a bigger pipe. Whether using better shielded audio cable would help in running the wires with electrical wires? Electrical wires may not necessary run along in all the cases but anticipating in some corners or room I might have to run together.

2. When the equipment specially the amplifiers are located farther ( around 10 meters max) from the 7.1, do I need a better wire to run till the speaker point? Would there be any problem/degradation in amplified signal or impedance etc as compared to an installation where the AV equipment are near the speakers?

3. What guage speaker wires would be a safe bet in my situation?

4.What HDMI standard and length would be recommended keeping in mind about the future?
5. Any Other Tips are welcome!

Thanks.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

QUESTIONS:

1. Do I need to have separate PVC conduits for electrical and audio video or can pull it together in a bigger pipe. Whether using better shielded audio cable would help in running the wires with electrical wires? Electrical wires may not necessary run along in all the cases but anticipating in some corners or room I might have to run together.

2. When the equipment specially the amplifiers are located farther ( around 10 meters max) from the 7.1, do I need a better wire to run till the speaker point? Would there be any problem/degradation in amplified signal or impedance etc as compared to an installation where the AV equipment are near the speakers?

3. What guage speaker wires would be a safe bet in my situation?

4.What HDMI standard and length would be recommended keeping in mind about the future?
5. Any Other Tips are welcome!

Thanks.
Welcome to AH.
The electric power feed to your equipment and at other locations needs to be separated from the other signals( audio, video, etc) by about 12 inches/30 cm. Have to separate outlet boxes as well for them.

If your receiver is 10 m away from speakers, run US 12 gauge speaker wires.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Keep the electric power as far away from audio and video cabling as possible!

HDMI 2.0a is as late spec as anything needs to be. Future updates are for 8K displays - I'm quite pleased with 1080P!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis