EX-PRESIDENT INDICTED

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Even better that he said when shown the picture, that he pointed to Carroll and identified her as former wife Marla Maples....his type apparently LOL
Yes that just shows this man doesn't even know who is bonking. They all look like his ex's LOL

Because he once said about Carroll " responded to the allegations by saying Carroll was “totally lying” and that the journalist was “not my type.” . But his mouth opened and Trump told the court it looks like his ex wife in the picture when he pointed to Carroll.. Which proves, she was his type all along. Man you just can't make this stuff up.

Last edited:
isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Yes, almost everything can be appealed. One exception is a jury acquittal in a criminal case.
I read in a few trusted places that in order to appeal, Trumpy has to put the damages in escrow first.
The she can be paid immediately when he loses the appeal.
You would think he would know that appealing just means paying, but estimating his logic is a losing proposition.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I read in a few trusted places that in order to appeal, Trumpy has to put the damages in escrow first.
The she can be paid immediately when he loses the appeal.
You would think he would know that appealing just means paying, but estimating his logic is a losing proposition.
In theory, the damages could be reduced on appeal so it might be worth a try. The amount will not be increased on appeal, so there's almost no downside risk other than the cost of the appeal. A bruising opinion by the appeals court would be a potential downside for many people, but Trump's "superpower" seems to be an inability to be shamed.*

Having said that, Trump's approach seems to be "appeal everything" so he can keep up his political facade that he's tough, that the system is rigged against him, he's a poor helpless victim, blah blah blah ad nauseam.

*I wasn't the first to say this:

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Wonder how this will work out with appeal ??

does this apply ? (article 2)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

LOL. More appeal straws from the legal braintrust of drumph and Babba.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So, what are the odds Carroll gets the 83 million ?
Has he posted an appeal bond or deposited the money with the court yet? For $5M he posted it with the court. They could both die of old age before the appeals are finished, tho....and who knows he could get another lawsuit as he'll probably defame her again. He is such a poster boy for the republicans these days.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I wonder how the Brown and Goldman family are making out getting their money from OJ ?? :eek:

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Has he posted an appeal bond or deposited the money with the court yet? For $5M he posted it with the court. They could both die of old age before the appeals are finished, tho....and who knows he could get another lawsuit as he'll probably defame her again. He is such a poster boy for the republicans these days.
He's already working on another lawsuit. :)

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan

From the article. Did you read it?

>>>Zak Sawyer, a rep for Roberta Kaplan, insisted no conflict exists.

“They overlapped for less than two years in the early 1990s at a large law firm when he was a senior partner and she was a junior associate and she never worked for him,” said Sawyer, who declined to provide further comment.<<<

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I wonder how the Brown and Goldman family are making out getting their money from OJ ?? :eek:
I think I read somewhere, OJ has only paid $132k.

Oh Trumpo will have to declare bankruptcy and then the courts could make him liquidate his assets to pay up and if he dies, his money and properties will go towards repaying their debt. If there's no money in their estate, the debts will usually go unpaid.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai

You'll have to keep wondering.

Unless, of course, you decide to read the Statutory Grounds for Disqualification.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Good estimation of his finances here.

It's hard to argue with this statement from the article:

>>>Knowing Trump, I doubt he will stop attacking Carroll. His emotional state and views about women, frozen in puberty, and his declining mental health and cognitive capacity will not facilitate a proper change in conduct.<<<

This might be overstating it, however:

>>>Only a foolhardy or corrupt banker would issue Trump a bond enabling his appeal of the $83.3 million award to E. Jean Carroll.<<<

Deutsche Bank already demonstrated how to collect from Trump. Require him to personally guarantee the full amount:

>>>But after shopping the loan around to other banks, Vrablic offered the best loan: her division’s deal came with a 2% interest rate vs. the commercial real estate division’s offer of 8%. “It doesn’t get better than this,” Ivanka Trump said. The tradeoff was that Trump would personally have to guarantee the full amount of the loan—$125 million—and maintain a net worth of $2.5 billion and $50 million in unencumbered liquidity.<<<

The personal guarantee was apparently the key to the deal:

>>>A lawyer for the attorney general’s office, Kevin Wallace, sought to clarify that despite the bank’s rosy assessment, Deutsche Bank had issued the loans only because the former president had personally guaranteed them. Ms. Vrablic agreed that was the case.<<<

Of course, Deutsche Bank did dump Trump, so there is that. There's no doubt that the bank is not anxious to go on record trashing a former client (to avoid scaring off the next big fish, and making themselves look foolish). It would be interesting to know what the bankers actually thought about it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis