EX-PRESIDENT INDICTED

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It's not just Christians who look unfavorably at abortion, many others do, too. It's a matter of how strictly they follow.
The big chunk here is the christians, tho....even tho they're not real christians any more. It's especially male oriented, too.

ps More often has more relationship to this

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Doesnt give ya the warm and fuzzies how the Republicans aew rallying behind that criminal asshole called Trump? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I guess that makes them a party of criminals as well.

Last edited:
M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
One example- the stated reason for SCOTUS overturning Roe v Wade was to turn it over to the states . . .

Not many cases have involved the 10th Amendment, but as in the cases which involve one or more Amendments, they're all important. The cases where the Federal Gov't compels a state to comply, those need to go to SCOTUS.
I have to disagree. As a result of Dobbs, states can pass laws regulating abortion, but this was not "the stated reason" for overturning Roe v Wade.

Here's a pretty decent summary of the case:

>>>Dobbs v. Jackson states that the Constitution does not confer a right to abortion; and, the authority to regulate abortion is “returned to the people and their elected representatives.”<<<

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/dobbs_v._jackson_women's_health_organization_(2022)

As I stated in a prior post, the 10th Amendment "does stand for one particular principle: that the federal government . . . can’t force a state to use its own resources to comply with a federal regulation, statute, or program."

Dobbs did not involve an attempt by the federal government to force a state to comply with a federal law.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Some lawyers are reportedly speculating that Trump could get hit with huge punitive damages in the current defamation case, and this could cause him to declare bankruptcy.

A large punitive damages award seems possible, but I have a hard time seeing him declaring bankruptcy any time soon. If nothing else, it would be an admission that Ms Carroll brought him down, and his ego is much too big for that to happen.

>>>Ciara Torres-Spelliscy, an associate professor of law at Stetson University College of Law, agreed that a combination of this case and the Carroll case could trigger bankruptcy. . . . "But the combination of the New York civil fraud case and the E. Jean Carroll cases could be a one-two punch that triggers a bankruptcy. However, I doubt ex-President Trump would want to file for bankruptcy during an election year."

She said that a bankruptcy filing from Trump would reveal his debts and creditors. "I suspect Trump would want to hide those facts from voters," she said.

She added that the damages may be higher than the $148 million Giuliani was ordered to pay after a ruling he defamed Georgia election workers Ruby Freeman and Wandrea "Shaye" Moss.<<<

Last edited:
M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Crazy Donny might be reprising his role as Carroll's personal ATM machine.
Today's episode of "Trump turns himself into Carroll's personal ATM machine" is brought to you courtesy of the jury in the most recent NY civil defamation lawsuit:

>>>NEW YORK — A federal jury ordered former President Trump to pay $83.3 million for defaming E. Jean Carroll when Trump in 2019 denied the longtime advice columnist’s accusation that he sexually assaulted her decades earlier.

It marks the second time Carroll has won damages from Trump at trial, with the new total adding to a $5 million verdict last year finding Trump liable for sexually abusing Carroll and defaming her over a separate comment.<<<

I would say he's a slow learner, but that would be false. He's a non-learner.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Today's episode of "Trump turns himself into Carroll's personal ATM machine" is brought to you courtesy of the jury in the most recent NY civil defamation lawsuit:

>>>NEW YORK — A federal jury ordered former President Trump to pay $83.3 million for defaming E. Jean Carrollwhen Trump in 2019 denied the longtime advice columnist’s accusation that he sexually assaulted her decades earlier.

It marks the second time Carroll has won damages from Trump at trial, with the new total adding to a $5 million verdict last year finding Trump liable for sexually abusing Carroll and defaming her over a separate comment.<<<

He should stick to whale identification.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

>>>NEW YORK — A federal jury ordered former President Trump to pay $83.3 million for defaming E. Jean Carrollwhen Trump in 2019 denied the longtime advice columnist’s accusation that he sexually assaulted her decades earlier.

Can this be appealed?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Liked that the $83 million was decided in part because he wouldn't shut his trap hahaha. :)

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Trump must really be terrified now....when juries get ahold of his bullshit, they come down quick and hard on his stupid orange ass....what was that? 2 hours until a verdict ?

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Can this be appealed?
Yes, almost everything can be appealed. One exception is a jury acquittal in a criminal case.

As I understand it, Carroll originally asked for $10 million, which suggests it could have been settled for around $5 million (the amount awarded in the first defamation case*). But, Trump decided to show everyone that he's a very stable genius, especially when it comes to the "art of the deal."

*I don't think it's a coincidence that Carroll's initial amount in the 2nd case was exactly twice the jury award in the first case. $10 million looks suspiciously like an initial "ask" to negotiate for another $5 million in the 2nd case.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, almost everything can be appealed. One exception is a jury acquittal in a criminal case.

As I understand it, Carroll originally asked for $10 million, which suggests it could have been settled for around $5 million (the amount awarded in the first defamation case*). But, Trump decided to show everyone that he's a very stable genius, especially when it comes to the "art of the deal."

*I don't think it's a coincidence that Carroll's initial amount in the 2nd case was exactly twice the jury award in the first case. $10 million looks suspiciously like an initial "ask" to negotiate for another $5 million in the 2nd case.
This assumes any settlement efforts by drumphy which ego forbids ! :)

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
This assumes any settlement efforts by drumphy which ego forbids ! :)
To the extent I understand his ego, it apparently demands that he do anything to avoid appearing "weak," which results in him looking like an idiot instead.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
To the extent I understand his ego, it apparently demands that he do anything to avoid appearing "weak," which results in him looking like an idiot instead.
I don't think you can understate his ego/narcissism ....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
i wonder how Gov Hochul signing the Adult Survivors Act into law back in 2022 helped Carroll with her lawsuit ?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis