EX-PRESIDENT INDICTED

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Trump temporarily ungagged in one criminal case.

>>>US District Judge Tanya Chutkan on Friday temporarily froze the gag order she issued on Donald Trump in the former president’s federal 2020 election subversion criminal case.

In a brief order, Chutkan, who is overseeing the case against Trump in Washington, DC, said she was issuing the administrative stay of the gag order entered earlier this week to give the parties more time to brief her on the former president’s request to pause the order while his appeal of it plays out. … <<<

Chutkan reinstated the gag order, apparently in part because of Trump's attacks on Meadows.

>>>Prosecutors from Smith’s office urged Chutkan last week to reinstate the gag order, arguing that almost immediately after she paused the order Trump resumed publishing allegedly intimidating posts about prosecutors and potential witnesses in the case on social media.

Chutkan noted that one such post targeting Trump’s former chief of staff Mark Meadows would have “almost certainly” violated the gag order had it not been paused.<<<

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Chutkan reinstated the gag order, apparently in part because of Trump's attacks on Meadows.
From the CNN link in my prior poast:

>>>Trump has said in court that the gag order infringes on his First Amendment rights and limits his ability to discuss the case on the campaign trail.<<<

Thus, Trump's main argument against the gag order is that he needs to talk about it during the campaign. This is specious because he's also argued for extensive delays until April 2026:

>>>Trump's lawyers propose 2026 trial date in federal election case<<<

If Trump really does need to talk about the witnesses and prosecutors during his campaign, he should be pushing for a speedy trial so he can get back out on the campaign trail and talk about the trial without a gag order (assuming he's not behind bars after the trial).

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
If Trump really does need to talk about the witnesses and prosecutors during his campaign, he should be pushing for a speedy trial so he can get back out on the campaign trail and talk about the trial without a gag order (assuming he's not behind bars after the trial).
Trump always makes it his business to be the 800 pound gorilla in the room. If he were actually a reasonable person, we wouldn't be having this conversation, or these trials.

As far as Ivanka Trump's testimony in the New York business fraud trial, I wonder if Judge Engoron will permit her to testify while sitting on her daddy's lap?

Last edited:
M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
The Supreme Court will decide a trademark case involving Trump and free speech issues. The issue is whether or not the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office can refuse to register the "Trump too small" mark.

>>>Wednesday’s argument in Vidal v. Elster is the third in a series of First Amendment challenges to provisions of the Lanham Act that bar registration of various kinds of scurrilous marks. . . At issue in the third part of the trilogy is a provision that bars any mark that “identif[ies] a particular living individual” without that person’s written consent. In this case, Steve Elster attempted to trademark the phrase “Trump too small,” to be used on T-shirts to convey a political message mocking former President Donald Trump . . .<<<

Here's the law in question:

>>>No trademark . . . shall be refused registration on the principal register on account of its nature unless it . . . (c)
Consists of or comprises a name, portrait, or signature identifying a particular living individual except by his written consent . . ."

I suspect that the court will find that this law is unconstitutional under the First Amendment.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I heard this about three of Trumps children will testify, along with Trump: "Families that commit crimes together, testify together".
And don't forget, also called a "Crime Family." :D

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I'm not sure I agree completely with Conway, but there's no doubt that the NY fraud trial has the potential to hit Trump where it hurts (his pocketbook).

>>>Conservative lawyer George Conway predicted that the New York business fraud case against former President Trump will financially ruin him, saying he will have to “liquidate everything” after a damages ruling. . . .Prosecutors are seeking $250 million in penalties, as well as a ban on Trump and his sons running businesses in New York. Losing their business licenses, Conway said, is what will seriously hurt the former president.

“That puts him out of business, which means he’s going to have to liquidate everything, including places like Mar-a-Lago which are owned by New York LLCs,” he said. “But then the question of how much of the proceeds of those sales, when he has to be put out of business, go to the state of New York. And that’s what this is about.”

“This is a death blow to Trump’s businesses,” Conway argued.<<<

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That is all that matters to him. :D
The actual number or the inflated one? I fondly remember the phone calls pretending to be other people he made to a reporter to inflate his perceived net worth in their article/publication once....

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
The actual number or the inflated one? I fondly remember the phone calls pretending to be other people he made to a reporter to inflate his perceived net worth in their article/publication once....
Whichever makes the most $$$$$... for him. :D

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I'm not sure I agree completely with Conway, but there's no doubt that the NY fraud trial has the potential to hit Trump where it hurts (his pocketbook).

>>>Conservative lawyer George Conway predicted that the New York business fraud case against former President Trump will financially ruin him, saying he will have to “liquidate everything” after a damages ruling. . . .Prosecutors are seeking $250 million in penalties, as well as a ban on Trump and his sons running businesses in New York. Losing their business licenses, Conway said, is what will seriously hurt the former president.

“That puts him out of business, which means he’s going to have to liquidate everything, including places like Mar-a-Lago which are owned by New York LLCs,” he said. “But then the question of how much of the proceeds of those sales, when he has to be put out of business, go to the state of New York. And that’s what this is about.”

“This is a death blow to Trump’s businesses,” Conway argued.<<<

Funny thought: Like who would do business with Trump and Sons?:)

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Man, that's pretty lame even for you. I think the drumphs win out here with the three dip poop kids....or is it four?
Can't imagine anything even equaling Trump or the MAGA cult. He's the oddity that comes once every 100 years.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
This obviously speculative, but Mary Trump predicts that Ivanka will throw her father under the bus, and dad will throw the kids under the bus.

>>>Mary Trump, the niece of former President Trump, said she thinks Ivanka Trump will throw her father “under the bus” when she testifies in the fraud trial underway in New York. . . . “They’re [Trump spawn] going to have to walk a very thin line between obfuscating in a way that’s not perjury and appeasing their father’s ego so that he doesn’t throw them under the bus when he testifies, which of course he’s going to do no matter what they do,” Mary Trump said. The pair said they think since Ivanka Trump is “legitimately wealthy,” unlike the other Trump siblings, and doesn’t need to rely on her father, she does not need to hold her tongue in court.<<<

I'm assuming people know this, but Jarad Kushner's father (Charles Kushner) was convicted by Chris Christie when he was a federal prosecutor and he was later pardoned by Trump.

>>>Kushner hired a prostitute to lure his brother-in-law, then arranged to have the encounter in a New Jersey motel room recorded with a hidden camera and the recording sent to his own sister, the man’s wife.

The scheme didn’t work. Kushner later pleaded guilty to tax evasion and making illegal campaign donations in a case tailor-made for tabloid headlines.<<<

The Kushner clan was reportedly worth about $1.8 billion in 2016

>>>FORBES estimates that Jared Kushner, his brother Josh and his parents, Charles and Seryl, have a fortune worth at least $1.8 billion . . .<

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
This obviously speculative, but Mary Trump predicts that Ivanka will throw her father under the bus, and dad will throw the kids under the bus.

>>>Mary Trump, the niece of former President Trump, said she thinks Ivanka Trump will throw her father “under the bus” when she testifies in the fraud trial underway in New York. . . . “They’re [Trump spawn] going to have to walk a very thin line between obfuscating in a way that’s not perjury and appeasing their father’s ego so that he doesn’t throw them under the bus when he testifies, which of course he’s going to do no matter what they do,” Mary Trump said. The pair said they think since Ivanka Trump is “legitimately wealthy,” unlike the other Trump siblings, and doesn’t need to rely on her father, she does not need to hold her tongue in court.<<<

I'm assuming people know this, but Jarad Kushner's father (Charles Kushner) was convicted by Chris Christie when he was a federal prosecutor and he was later pardoned by Trump.

>>>Kushner hired a prostitute to lure his brother-in-law, then arranged to have the encounter in a New Jersey motel room recorded with a hidden camera and the recording sent to his own sister, the man’s wife.

The scheme didn’t work. Kushner later pleaded guilty to tax evasion and making illegal campaign donations in a case tailor-made for tabloid headlines.<<<

The Kushner clan was reportedly worth about $1.8 billion in 2016

>>>FORBES estimates that Jared Kushner, his brother Josh and his parents, Charles and Seryl, have a fortune worth at least $1.8 billion . . .<

That's a pretty sad prediction. Not on Mary, but Trump. If dear old dad is found guilty, we'll ya can't let your kids take it, eh? Oh wait....

I use to watch Mary quite a bit as a guest. It was pretty funny seeing a Trump criticize the Don. In a good way.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Well here's to hoping Mary is wildly off in her prediction. It's probably the most disturbing thought of any I can recall in Trump's era. :confused:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis