EX-PRESIDENT INDICTED

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
One thing I will say about Mike Pence....he is a man of his convictions.
He might just be the one to truly bury Trump.
Just this one count of trying to subvert the process is Conspiracy and Treason.
(and I dont doubt that Jack Smith still has Treason up his sleeve)

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Just this one count of trying to subvert the process is Conspiracy and Treason.
(and I dont doubt that Jack Smith still has Treason up his sleeve)

Mike Pence did what one should expect of a vice President of USA on January 6 2021: Uphold the US Constitution.

A low bar indeed.

After that he is a profile in cowardice and unfit to be an US President for that reason.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Oh That Rudy !!! Fat Donny has such good company in his little drama.

F2iI6s7bIAAt-3-.jpg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The Five is like the conservative version of The View. They are opinion hosts.
Pretty much all Faux talking heads are opinion/propaganda hosts. They cater to their cultivated audience, graduated to visual from rage AM radio.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
In that ABC News article, Pence said:
"I really do believe that anyone who puts themselves over the Constitution should never be President of the United States," he said. "And anyone who asks someone else to put themselves over the Constitution should never be President of the United States again."
Does that disqualify him, in the eyes of GOP voters, as a candidate for president in next year's GOP primaries?

Let's take this another step further …
If Joe Biden runs for re-election as president in 2024, and looses, our GOP friends should have no problem if Vice President Kamala Harris ignores the election results and declares Biden the winner.

Why bother with all those messy ballots & slow vote counts? Wouldn't it be simpler if VP Harris declared Biden the winner before the election? GOP voters should have no problem supporting that outcome :rolleyes:.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
If Joe Biden runs for re-election as president in 2024, and looses, our GOP friends should have no problem if Vice President Kamala Harris ignores the election results and declares Biden the winner.

Why bother with all those messy ballots & slow vote counts? Wouldn't it be simpler if VP Harris declared Biden the winner before the election? GOP voters should have no problem supporting that outcome :rolleyes:.
The notion that a Vice President has the power to select the next president is bizarre. If the Vice President has this power, Gore could have very easily declared himself the winner in 2001.

As you noted, it would mean the entire election process is meaningless. As a practical matter, it would also create a one party system with presidents from one party holding office in perpetuity.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
This might be a start:
Court Records | United States Courts (uscourts.gov)
I am looking...
@Mr. Clark should have a good link
Here's a link with all documents filed in this case:

I still have not read the entire indictment.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
In that ABC News article, Pence said:
Does that disqualify him, in the eyes of GOP voters, as a candidate for president in next year's GOP primaries?

Now you are thinking like a Republican...God Help You. :)

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Not in public he will not. But plenty of close staff told him he lost, and he even acknowledged but no, He keeps on lying.

Many of the other issue you mention from that show is wrong as well.
Yes, Trum has a right to appeal the elections and he did. States recounted and still lost. Trump decided conspiratorially to hold on to power. That os what he is charged with, I believe.
Not sure what was up to congress or the people. Crimes are adjudicated by DOJ. Of course, Smith has the statutes to investigate and charge. ;)
I'm guessing they were trying to make the false claim Smith has no right to pursue charges. It should be decided by Congress and the people cause it sounds good I dunno. Smith doesn't even have the statutes! I assume is BS. There is no Conspiracy to Incite! I assume is another deflection from the other charges that have weight. My bad.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
The notion that a Vice President has the power to select the next president is bizarre. If the Vice President has this power, Gore could have very easily declared himself the winner in 2001.

As you noted, it would mean the entire election process is meaningless. As a practical matter, it would also create a one party system with presidents from one party holding office in perpetuity.
The GOP goal apparently is to make our elections, both state and national, like a poker game … where the dealer wins … and the winner deals.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I'm guessing they were trying to make the false claim Smith has no right to pursue charges. It should be decided by Congress and the people cause it sounds good I dunno. Smith doesn't even have the statutes! I assume is BS. There is no Conspiracy to Incite! I assume is another deflection from the other charges that have weight. My bad.
Unlike the last 2 or 3 weeks, I actually watched the evening news yesterday. The indictment ended the slow news drought. I was glad to hear nothing about the Barbie movie.

I saw a number of GOP talking heads say just about anything to deflect attention away from the indictments of the Orange Peril. They dodged & deflected, but never denied any of the charges. It was a mix of "he didn't do anything wrong" … he only "followed attorney advice" … he "never believed he lost the election" … "he can't get a fair trial in Washington DC" … to "it's no worse than Biden". All of it sounded as if it was written months ago and has been well rehearsed.

Edit: I left out "he was only exercising his First Ammendment Rights".

This was no better than anything recent from the GOP/MAGA world/Faux News, and I didn't expect anything different. As Mr._Clark once said, MAGA means Make Attorneys Get Attorneys.

Last edited:
Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Pence's first hand witness accounts are central to the indictment. It's gratifying to learn what he has said about this to the Grand Jury, as it is gratifying to see that he may become a compelling witness during the trial. I hadn't expected it. But he only goes so far with his statements. Yesterday, he also said that he didn't believe this is a matter for the criminal courts. Instead, he said it should be up to the voters to decide o_O.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Pence's first hand witness accounts are central to the indictment. It's gratifying to learn what he has said about this to the Grand Jury, as it is gratifying to see that he may become a compelling witness during the trial. I hadn't expected it. But he only goes so far with his statements. Yesterday, he also said that he didn't believe this is a matter for the criminal courts. Instead, he said it should be up to the voters to decide o_O.
I read the indictment last night. The judge should certainly consider denying Trump bail, and put him in the slammer until his trial.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I read the indictment last night. The judge should certainly consider denying Trump bail, and put him in the slammer until his trial.
I'd certainly stand up & cheer if that happened.

But, I'd be happy if the judge took his passports (Who wants to bet that he doesn't have fake passports?), and ordered a federal marshal watch over his private airliner. It easily has the range to reach Brazil. (The USA and Brazil lack an extradition treaty.) If he was caught making a run for it, it would be bars & orange jumpsuit for sure.

I also want the judge to order that he maintain silence about the charges, up-coming trial, prosecutor, judge, and future jurors & witnesses.

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah that's what they said on Tuesday. Leave it to Congress or the people (where it can be blocked).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis