mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief
Some of you might remember my post about getting a sub from a local retailer vs b&m store. Well finally price won over service for a mere 180$ difference. 910$ vs 730$ for the same product... would you do the same? I'll upgrade my computer speakers from C-100 to RC-10 with that money saved.

Please welcome the new member of the family: Energy ESW-V10.

Took some pics of the "unveiling" of the sub so you can have a look at what it's all about in real life. I'll do a small review when I'll have some hours on it. I've only played a bass test and one audio CD right now. Got it calibrated to my taste (which is a little quieter than most people). I like a sub to blen in well with speakers and to round out the bottom end so it must not be proheminent. So far so great! :p

It all starts with a box on the ground. It's like what... my 4th christmas in 4 months lol. BTW, didn't know this sub was meant to go along with the Veritas line. I thought it was for the RCs as they share the same driver construction:

Oh look at that nice white cloth. Useless that's for sure but so nice to see. Makes you feel like you got high-end stuff! :p :

Removed the cloth and.... whot? What's the point of double wrapping it?

Naked:

Hyney. Not that much of a deal but it is nice to have a detachable power cord. It was very hard to fit it in actually. Tight, very tight:

ThA tRiXtA

ThA tRiXtA

Full Audioholic
Awesome, love the piano finish... reminds me of my E:XL S12... I'm sad to get rid of it just for the sweet finish it has.

Your woofer looks well built as well. I hope it is all you dreamed of! :D

mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief
Nothing is perfect. As nice as the piano finish is, you can see how it's done. The corners are brushed. You can clearly see it when the light is shining on it:

Installed it in the corner. Along side with the sucker being replaced. Same cabinet size (approx.). I thought it would've been smaller:

A little dark but a pic with it's dad (one of my RC-70s):

For testing the difference, I've tried to make them as close as possible to the same location. Quick conclusion: Output + tightness :D

E

edmcanuck

Audioholic
More! More! More!!!

You're the first person on the whole internet to own one of these and post something about them. I want to hear everything you have to say! Hourly updates... please!! :D

mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief
More! More! More!!!

You're the first person on the whole internet to own one of these and post something about them. I want to hear everything you have to say! Hourly updates... please!! :D
That's bescause it didn't even got time to get on the shelves. When I took it home, the box was still cold from the truck transport so it's a matter of less than an hour after the shipment to FutureShop lol.

I'll get on a review later during the day. Yesterday I've been thru several music CDs but only few movies though (I don't own many, I usually only rent).

E

edmcanuck

Audioholic
*waits patiently while staring at the pretty pictures* :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Have you noticed any large amounts of port noise?

SheepStar

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
well, the double wrapping is to protect that beautiful piano finish!

post some specs on this sub please! curious as well on how it compares to the DPS

E

edmcanuck

Audioholic
Specs are easy:

System Type Bass Reflex with Rear Firing Dual Ports
Amplifier Power Output 300 Watts RMS, 1200 Watts Dynamic
Woofer 10” (25.4 cm) Woven Composite Fiberglas™ Cone with Patented Ribbed Elliptical Surround
Voice Coil Diameter 2” (508 mm)
Frequency Response 23Hz-120Hz +/- 3dB
Variable Phase Control -180° to +180°
Variable Low Pass Filter 40Hz-120Hz @ 18dB/octave
Inputs Line In/Sub In & Speaker Level In
Low Pass Filter Mode Active / Bypass
Power Mode Switch On/Auto/Off
Dimensions HxWxD inches: 14 5/8 x 14 5/8 x 15 5/8
Weight 39.7 lb / 18 kg
Colors High Gloss Black Polyurethane

S

swestbom

Audioholic Intern
Pictures of driver

Specs are easy:

System Type Bass Reflex with Rear Firing Dual Ports
Amplifier Power Output 300 Watts RMS, 1200 Watts Dynamic
Woofer 10” (25.4 cm) Woven Composite Fiberglas™ Cone with Patented Ribbed Elliptical Surround
Voice Coil Diameter 2” (508 mm)
Frequency Response 23Hz-120Hz +/- 3dB
Variable Phase Control -180° to +180°
Variable Low Pass Filter 40Hz-120Hz @ 18dB/octave
Inputs Line In/Sub In & Speaker Level In
Low Pass Filter Mode Active / Bypass
Power Mode Switch On/Auto/Off
Dimensions HxWxD inches: 14 5/8 x 14 5/8 x 15 5/8
Weight 39.7 lb / 18 kg
Colors High Gloss Black Polyurethane

Any chance of taking the woofer out and taking a picture?

ThA tRiXtA

ThA tRiXtA

Full Audioholic
Wow, the amp that's driving that 10" woofer is pretty powerful... usually you would see those numbers driving a 12 inch beast.

S

sbeveraggi

Audiophyte
Just 1 more message to be allowed to post links....
Done!

mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief
I think it is the exact same subwoofer as the Mirage Prestige S10, isn't it?
Yes it it. The only difference is the feet vs spikes (esthetic). I felt the feet were more forgiving to hard wood floors :p

mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief
But the pictures of the outside were so good. It is sort of like opening the hood on a race car, you need to see it.:eek:
If there was a latch to take the woofer out of the box I would do it. I just don't want to break anything. I know it might be quite simple but I'd rather take no chance. Sorry.

S

swestbom

Audioholic Intern
If there was a latch to take the woofer out of the box I would do it. I just don't want to break anything. I know it might be quite simple but I'd rather take no chance. Sorry.
One more question, is it made in Canada or China?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis