Erin's Audio review squashed by Tekton

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I'm with Tekton on this one. Amir, Gene and other weekend reviewers and hacks are ruining the industry!
Just cause some dude on the internet has a Klippel gizmo, that does not make him qualified to do measurements.
Go Eric!
Finally. Some comedy relief.

B

BDWoody

Audiophyte
Claiming that I am threatened by Amir when the fact is the two of them actually went to the bother of joining the forum just to harass me on a thread that gets no action and literally nobody has seen is textbook psychosis.
I joined this forum almost 5 years ago, how about you?

Are you completely incapable of telling the truth? So sorry you couldn't just come here and lie with impunity. Gotta be frustrating.

G

gaby95

Audioholic
I'm with Tekton on this one. Amir, Gene and other weekend reviewers and hacks are ruining the industry!
Just cause some dude on the internet has a Klippel gizmo, that does not make him qualified to do measurements.
Go Eric!
This is laughable that anyone can find any reason to support that bully lol
Guess there is always some people that are out of sync with reality

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Heads up everybody another friend of Eric's just joined the thread I've already hit the ignore button

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
There a few bird brains out there. Incompetent Narcists! Uneducated

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I had a brief visit to AXPONA today, going back for more tomorrow but have a few Zoom Calls. The Tekton room was empty, but that was at 11am. I really wanted to say something, but I don't even know what the owner looks like. lol. On a positive note Kanto is comming out with a larger version of the Ora (Ora 4?) which sounded noticiblly better on the low end. Great little set of desktop speakers. I am buying the Demo Ora's at the show for a nice discount, which I will pickup on Sunday

Last edited:
M

MerlinGS

Audiophyte
I'm sure Eric is up to something. I hope it isn't Amir who he has his sights set on to finally go from threats of litigation to the real thing. Getting a jury to believe that Tekton was possibly harmed substantially by the efforts of owner and members on the site doesn't seem so far fetched. Besides, if anything is the poster-boy for subjectivism it's the U.S. legal system. There is no telling what could happen.
Sorry for repeating myself, but you never did explain your legal argument, and I would really like to understand your logic from a legal perspective. What is the cause of action you are proposing Eric/Tekton pursue? On what basis is the proposed cause of action applicable to the reviews performed by Erin and Amir?

I should note that statements such as "one can get a jury to believe" have no legal weight and provide absolutely no clarity. Your statement "Tekton was possibly harmed" does not clarify what cause of action you are proposing.

For better clarity, many events can contribute to the demise of a business/corporation. In the context of Tekton, any harm it may have experienced could be reasonably argued relates to its recent corporate behavior, concerning statements made through Eric, and so forth. Please note that a poor review of a company product that leads to its demise is not in and of itself a sufficient argument for legal action.

So, once again, at the risk of being overly redundant, what cause of action are you proposing Eric/Tekton pursue? If you feel better explaining the cause of action rather than stating it, please provide a general explanation of your legal theory and how it applies in the case of Amir/Erin's reviews and/or their response to Eric's legal threats. Any legal insights you can provide would clearly strengthen your argument and be appreciated. Thanks.

A

amirm

Audiophyte
Hey Gene,
If there were a more obvious example of trolling, I haven't seen one.

Claiming that I am threatened by Amir when the fact is the two of them actually went to the bother of joining the forum just to harass me on a thread that gets no action and literally nobody has seen is textbook psychosis.
Gene was kind enough to contact me when he produced his video and invited me to join and make comments in this thread. So I did when I saw the illogical things you were posting which very much resemble Eric's messages to me.

M

Melisma

Enthusiast
Sorry for repeating myself, but you never did explain your legal argument, and I would really like to understand your logic from a legal perspective. What is the cause of action you are proposing Eric/Tekton pursue? On what basis is the proposed cause of action applicable to the reviews performed by Erin and Amir?

I should note that statements such as "one can get a jury to believe" have no legal weight and provide absolutely no clarity. Your statement "Tekton was possibly harmed" does not clarify what cause of action you are proposing.

For better clarity, many events can contribute to the demise of a business/corporation. In the context of Tekton, any harm it may have experienced could be reasonably argued relates to its recent corporate behavior, concerning statements made through Eric, and so forth. Please note that a poor review of a company product that leads to its demise is not in and of itself a sufficient argument for legal action.

So, once again, at the risk of being overly redundant, what cause of action are you proposing Eric/Tekton pursue? If you feel better explaining the cause of action rather than stating it, please provide a general explanation of your legal theory and how it applies in the case of Amir/Erin's reviews and/or their response to Eric's legal threats. Any legal insights you can provide would clearly strengthen your argument and be appreciated. Thanks.
Hi Merlin,

I am merely speculating on a possible outcome from damages to Tekton's reputation and if the folks at ASR could be held liable in some hypothetical situation that has gone far beyond any specious argument about product performance or measurement methods and now could mean a real loss for the company as a result of the backlash.

Since you are a lawyer, I ask you, what do you suppose would be the result of what appears to be the public razing of a company that was spearheaded by the self-appointed guru of a community bent on the demise of his means of support?

What is your opinion on what the outcome would be? Does the company even have a case?

Thanks

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hi Merlin,

I am merely speculating on a possible outcome from damages to Tekton's reputation and if the folks at ASR could be held liable in some hypothetical situation that has gone far beyond any specious argument about product performance or measurement methods and now could mean a real loss for the company as a result of the backlash.

Since you are a lawyer, I ask you, what do you suppose would be the result of what appears to be the public razing of a company that was spearheaded by the self-appointed guru of a community bent on the demise of his means of support?

What is your opinion on what the outcome would be? Does the company even have a case?

Thanks
How do you figure the damages to Tekton were caused by anyone but Tekton themselves? Sock puppet? Or should we just call you Eric?

M

Melisma

Enthusiast
Gene was kind enough to contact me when he produced his video and invited me to join and make comments in this thread. So I did when I saw the illogical things you were posting which very much resemble Eric's messages to me.
If you are saying that I am Eric you have completely lost your mind.
He has already posted on this thread under his name and two people having the same poor grammar as me is hard to imagine.
I'm glad I never made the mistake of giving you more credit than deserved after that dumb comment.
Unbelievable.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis