Erin's Audio review squashed by Tekton

M

Melisma

Enthusiast
Threatened legal action against ErinsAudio for the company scheduled review has resulted in the (self-) censoring of the measured results on his site.

As usual, members on ASR are up in arms at the temerity of Tekton head honcho Eric Alexander for cancelling Erin and have gone so far as to rally the troops and dig into their pockets to cover legal costs instead of realizing that Erin is the "hero that has been captured" and wants nothing to do with anything even approaching a controversy.
If Erin were a professional he would have the sense to retain legal representation for his own protection and not decide it may be a good idea after the fact. If he did then none of this would have happened in the first place.

On the other hand I was directed to this:https://www.audioholics.com/news/blue-jeans-strikes-back which, other than kowtowing to bullies, represents a response from someone in a similar position who actually has a backbone.
The above link is some great reading and this quote...

"Further, if any of these patents or trademarks has been licensed to any entity, please provide me with copies of the licensing agreements. I assume that Monster Cable International, Ltd., in Bermuda, listed on these patents, is an IP holding company and that Monster Cable's principal US entity pays licensing fees to the Bermuda corporation in order to shift income out of the United States and thereby avoid paying United States federal income tax on those portions of its income; my request for these licensing agreements is specifically intended to include any licensing agreements, including those with closely related or sham entities, within or without the Monster Cable "family," and without regard to whether those licensing agreements are sham transactions for tax shelter purposes only or whether they are bona fide arm's-length transactions."
... is some of the funniest stuff I have read. A genius with a sense of humor is not to be messed with.

Speaking of backbone, your esteemed host at ASR has pledged a generous $10k to Erin's legal defense. He knows full well that a donation would not be needed due to the frivolity of the claims and that his cash is safe. In any case, it's a win-win for him, the sycophantic impressionable will love him for it.
You need only read Amir's opinion of Erin from barely a week ago rehashing reasons for Erin's banning from the site to realize you're dealing with a disingenuous opportunist.

Mr. Tekton claims that objective tests of his products have been performed inaccurately and refuses to state reasons why this is so. He will soon post a YT video, he says, to counter the Klippel results. Obviously, he will not be referring only to the Klippel measurements being wrong (the members there assume that he has a grudge against the Klippel specifically) but make a feeble attempt at proving that all objective measurements are wrong. No doubt using that same version of logic he uses to design loudspeakers.

It could be interesting.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
A lot of fuss for these stupid speakers with drilling all the way thru the boxes for the feet that Erin wasn't even advised about when asking. Been following the saga, but would like to see how Erin handles it a bit longer before donating to a legal fund....

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I want to see the differences with and without feet. I can't believe it would be very significant depending on the screw hole size. Most of these screw holes for feet are around 1/8" wide; how much would four such holes affect the response in a ported loudspeaker? I am guessing not much. I would guess that the screw hole matter is not the real complaint here. The real issue may be that Tekton wasn't able to control the review.

P

paulgyro

Junior Audioholic
I want to see the differences with and without feet. I can't believe it would be very significant depending on the screw hole size. Most of these screw holes for feet are around 1/8" wide; how much would four such holes affect the response in a ported loudspeaker? I am guessing not much. I would guess that the screw hole matter is not the real complaint here. The real issue may be that Tekton wasn't able to control the review.
As a Patreon of Erin's he told us he retested with the same results. Because of the legal advice he received he pulled all reviews (YouTube and website). He publicly indicates he intends to retest but time will tell.

I think you are right @shadyJ , from everything I've seen from Eric over the last few days he's had no consistent logic for his indignation. My impression is his real beef is that the review wasn't glowing, and he had no say in it. On ASR Eric indicated today he was blindsided by Amir's review (6 months ago!) and is a victim of mismeasurement by someone who doesn't have a grasp on acoustic engineering. This keeps getting stranger and stranger with Eric going to war like a seemingly unhinged madman. Eric did promise an upcoming YouTube video to enlighten everyone by pointing out how inept Amir is. Stay tuned and grab the popcorn.

I advise Audioholics to NEVER touch Tekton products. I for one will never buy one and advice everyone to spend their hard-earned money elsewhere.

Paul

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Makes me wonder what training/degrees Eric has in acoustic engineering....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Is the Jay Lee I saw Eric Alexander refer to for some hope he had NRC measurements the goofy Jay Lee I think it is?

L

lockonS

Audiophyte
Is the Jay Lee I saw Eric Alexander refer to for some hope he had NRC measurements the goofy Jay Lee I think it is?
Jay is not a real audio youtuber, dude just shills random crap w/ so much fluff its crazy....

L

lockonS

Audiophyte
It wouldnt lol, I'm almost certain that any audio designer ever would tell you thats such bs reasoning. It wouldnt solve any the issues w/ the speaker's directivity or the areas in the response. Holes would only affect anything in the lower frequencies it doesnt help improve anything un the upper frequencies. Tekton's design Eric is just straight up cooked.... Company is attempting corporate suicide.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Wow sad that a company’s response to what they consider a bad review is to attack the reviewer by threatening legal action instead of issuing a response refuting the review with their own measurements etc. I will never do business with a company that behaves in such a way. Free Erin! Bumper stickers should be issued.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
You're saying that they screwed the feet into the wood, rather than using 'Tip Toes' or some kind of typical speaker spikes? Nor sparing any expense, are they? Must have paid a buck for the pads. The spikes use 1/4-20 thread, BTW. Even at that diameter, plugs could be installed if the feet aren't used, just to prevent any kind of problem although I have to believe that someone will come along and say that the unfilled part of the hole is screwing up the sound.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You're saying that they screwed the feet into the wood, rather than using 'Tip Toes' or some kind of typical speaker spikes? Nor sparing any expense, are they? Must have paid a buck for the pads. The spikes use 1/4-20 thread, BTW. Even at that diameter, plugs could be installed if the feet aren't used, just to prevent any kind of problem although I have to believe that someone will come along and say that the unfilled part of the hole is screwing up the sound.
They drilled the feet holes all the way thru the wood (and not using inserts it seems). Erin originally didn't even get the feet and when asking Tekton about setup they didn't mention them at that time either. Apparently Tekton is the one that says it makes a difference if you have something mounted in the holes....but we're waiting to see how much (and apparently Erin did run the tests with feet and didn't show significant difference)

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
They drilled the feet holes all the way thru the wood (and not using inserts it seems). Erin originally didn't even get the feet and when asking Tekton about setup they didn't mention them at that time either. Apparently Tekton is the one that says it makes a difference if you have something mounted in the holes....but we're waiting to see how much (and apparently Erin did run the tests with feet and didn't show significant difference)
I sincerely hope the lack of screws in the holes didn't upset the cosmos........ they need to be installed, or the eclipse might not go as expected. They already felt that recalculating the path was needed.

Sounds like a load.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis